You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Blood Vein Jade

Real Ghost Stories

Blood Vein Jade

 

By Aunty Lu Lu. Year 1977 (16 years old)

My Ah Mm was talking about Taiwan jade and china malau (Red jade), colour that she had seem but one that caught my attention was the jade bangle with blood veins in it. Actually I don't really believe it unless I see with my own eye.

A person have to wear that jade for more that 30 to 40 years so that the jade will came a life or bonded with the owner. Well after some time I totally forgotten all about this topic.

At 16, I got my first full time job at Thomson Yaohan. Every day going to work is a routine, one week morning shift with 1 off day and other week in afternoon shift with 1 off day. Every morning I would go to work 1 and a half hour early so I could have breakfast at the canteen.

That particular morning as usual I took the 161 bus to Thomson Yaohan. I alighted alone at the bus-stop, but for some reason I stood idly admiring the blue sky with a cooling breeze when suddenly I realized something. "Why so quiet? Why No car? Why no people, why no bird chirping?"

Then I saw her walking past me, or should I said she glided past me. She look very neat, skinny, kind looking and her hair styled up in a bun with a "U" shape gold hair pin. She looked at least 90 years old, wearing a light blue long sleeve blouse and black pants (some old 'ah mah' like to hand sew their very own clothing with china button) and she had this jade bangle on her left wrist with blood vein in them... Wah!

Why I said that?... Blood vein in jade bangle... Because when she walked past me, it was in a slooow motion. I was in a trance. When I woke up a few seconds later, she was no where to be found, imagined the whole stretch of upper Thomson road towards the church. I could not explained to myself how a 90 years old 'ah mah' could walked so fast in 3 to 4 minute...

Did not tell my ah Mm, do you think she would believe me?

Hope to meet her again. Who knows this time she might stop right in front of me and asked: "Ah Muay you want to join me for a morning walk?"

Well! Who knows I might join her, she look harmless, lonely, kind, better then my Ah Mm.

In the 60s son very precious, daughters always get 'rotan' even if you done no wrong, every time have to depend on mother's mood.^-^

Other hauntings by auntylulu96

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Singapore

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, auntylulu96, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-19)
Oh Maria, I didn't mean to make you sad. Those memories were over fifty years ago. I only meant to put in context what was said in this account. In the 1960s, I grew up with restrictions and expectations of ladylike decorum. I think a number of them would seem ridiculous and unrealistic to many women of today - and thank God for that! But the rotan never stopped me from having an opinion and making sure my voice was heard. I still said whatever I believed had to be said. (My husband, Rex-T will readily attest to that.) 😉

I feel that the strength of the YGS community is that everyone's belief matters. Of course, we might not always agree with one other. But having honest discussions and sharing diverse perspectives from all over the world do add interest to the forum. There's always something fascinating to learn or a new aspect on an experience to consider.

Thanks for your kind thoughts. Peace and light to you. 😊
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-11-18)
Jubeele,

Your comment here makes me very sad. Preemptive mental abuse. I'm glad that times have changed for the most part.

Best Wishes, Maria ❤
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
+6
6 years ago (2018-09-01)
This is an old account but a personal favourite of mine that I'd like to share. Since there are unanswered questions and auntylulu96 won't be reading the comments, I'll try to fill in a few blanks.

"Ah Mm" means aunt in the Hokkien Chinese dialect. "Ah Mm" or "Tua Mm" (Eldest Aunt) was how I addressed the wife of my father's elder brother (Tua Pei - Eldest Uncle). His children called my mum "Di Chim (Second Aunt, wife of father's second brother) and Dad was "Di Chek", being their father's second brother. There are several Chinese words for aunt, each denoting the relationship to the individual and in reference to a person's position in the clan hierarchy.
Https://chinese.stackexchange.com/questions/6166/names-of-extended-family-members

I think the red vein jade isn't heliotrope or blood stone. Red jade is a jadeite with predominant red veins running though it. It is supposed to promote life-force energy and strength. I find the green and lavender jade bangle I bought in Singapore recently soothes me whenever I wear it. The texture of the jade provides a tactile comfort as well, much like how worry beads work.
Https://www.crystalvaults.com/crystal-encyclopedia/red-jade
Http://thingsasian.com/story/chinese-jade-elixir-life-stone-immortality

I grew up in the 1960s in that part of the world and sadly, I can relate to auntylulu's experience. Being the least ladylike and most outspoken of 3 daughters, I suffered the stroke of the rotan often in those days. For me, it was 3 bamboo canes tied together. I was constantly told that only boys were allowed to speak up and not to have delusions above my station. Also my mother warned me that I didn't learn to hold my tongue and be more submissive, my future husband would beat me and it would serve me right. And I think the OP was all too familiar with that mentality. But such were the times we lived in. Fortunately, times have changed. Parents mellow over the years. Daughters are now cherished and encouraged to reach their full potential.

I've been to Thomson Yaohan and walked that stretch of road from the bus stop. Probably even around that same time period. My mum's "ah ma", who served her family for three generations, wore traditional clothing like the woman wearing the blood vein jade bangle. Who knows what memories still echo around the place?
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
There's many different properties and beliefs assigned to various stones. I went googling to see if maybe blood vein jade was of a particular significance, and ran across this article that lists the different stones and their 'powers': http://www.whatincreation.com/properties%20of%20gemstones...htm
I wonder if the 'blood vein jade' was actually heliotrope (commonly called blood stone). It too is green, but has distinctive red veins or spots. It is a very pretty stone. It's said to help increase the flow of life energy.
Auntylulu, I know you said you won't be reading these comments, but just on the off chance you do, I found your last sentence disturbing. I hope the treatment of girls has improved. And I am deeply sorry if you suffered 'rotan'. For those who do not understand: rotan / roton is beaten with a stick or rod. What we use to call caning (cane-ing) in the US.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-10-11)
Hi auntylulu96, I go with notjustme on Jade aspect. I feel, after reading your previous story, that you are sensitive to feel and see paranormal. You have described it so well. It might be a random paranormal sighting you must have seen on that day. It could not have been a dream because you got down from the bus and that you did describe so well about the weather and the absence of noise due to bird chirping, absence of people etc. But please read the comments and try to respond. It would definitely help us to know about what exactly you have seen and how you experienced it.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
You made me want to start wearing my jade bracelet every day.:D
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-10-07)
Hello Auntylulu96 - I too come from an asian background and understand the whole jade concept a lot better now. There are myths and beliefs that jade does indeed carry a good energy and many people believe that if you wear it long enough the colour enhances, meaning better luck. The "blood veins" you are referring to, I believe is just part of the stone. It looks like little lines in it, but if anyone's seen a quarts, they too have lines in it... They are inclusions.
I work in the jewelry business and I can tell you that if Jadeite is heated the colour will definitely change. As for people who reside in hot climate countries such as Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Hongkong, etc, there is no doubt the more you wear the jade bangles the greener or redder, or whatever colour it is, will deepen, due to heat because you get more sun and maybe even sweat. Even though knowing this fact, I still do not push out the idea that it COULD possibly be because of good fortune coming one's way.

Although I had a little trouble understanding the whole story and why some things were relevant to another but interesting read! Thanks for sharing! -Notjustme

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: