You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ceiling That Dripped Blood

Real Ghost Stories

Ceiling That Dripped Blood

 

One time when I was young, me and my cousin were visiting my great grandparents in Pike County, KY. My great grandparents live in an old two story house that to me, looks a little creepy.

Anyway, while we were all eating dinner, my great grandpa told us about how many years ago, when they first bought the house they had some paranormal experiences. For example, when my great grandma was unpacking, she saw someone move across the room with the corner of her eye. She thought that it was my great grandpa so she called out to him. He didn't answer. My great grandma got a little worried and just then, my great grandpa came through the front door, he was outside the whole time.

The strangest thing he told my cousin and me was how one night, the ceiling in their room actually dripped blood! After about thirty minutes it stopped. My great grandpa told the neighbors about the strange occurences and they said that the people that lived in that house before them moved out because they claimed it was haunted.

After the story, me and my cousin were kind of spooked. When we were done eating we went up to the attic (my great grandparents always told us to never go up to the attic). We were just messing around, you know, going through old trunks and looking at really old pictures, when we both heard someone sobbing. My cousin shined her flashlight over to where we heard the sobbing. It was coming from behind an old mirror. I said "Is anybody there?" hoping I wouldn't get a answer. After a few moments, a figure stepped out from behind the mirror. It was a pale woman with a wedding gown on. Now that I think about it, I don't think she was trying to scare us, but being about ten years old, my cousin and me wasted no time running out of the attic as fast as we could.

It was a very scary moment and I can't help but wonder if the ghost was trying to tell us something or not.

Other hauntings by Mreaglesfan127

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mreaglesfan127, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

daisy12 (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-04)
I think someone was murdered in that house that's why the ceiling was dripping blood.
unknown_madness (8 stories) (36 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
everybody else is saying similar to what I will say but here it goes:
Yes, I also think that the bride was trying to reach out to you. Maybe she needs your help. I greatly suggest going to the attic again and asking her stuff like:
Who killed you?
Who are you?
How did you die?
Stuff like that you know to understand her. I think she is a kind spirit, not evil.
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
Try to pluck up the courage to go back into the attic and see if you can see the spirit again. Go with someone though. Just in case... But I don't think she would be dangerous though. I wonder if she will speak to you? I wonder... All you gotta do is go in that attic again! Come on my friend! WOAH! Sorry I got a wee bit carried away then. WHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Just joking with you!
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
Phew! That was 60 odd years accounted for in one fell swoop! Good work! 😲 What will the other posters find to comment on now?
I still look foreward to more stories by you! Lol.
Mreaglesfan127 (3 stories) (34 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
Alright, I asked some people in my family and here is a brief history of the house:

1942: The house was built and quickly sold.
1944: A bride was murdered in the house and her body was found in the attic.
1945: The house was put on the market and quickly sold.
1945: A family moved out of the house, claiming it was haunted.
1947: After being on the market for two years, it was finally sold.
1948: Another family moves out, also claiming it was haunted.
1949-1958: The house fell into bad shape and forgotten.
1959: A family buys the house and fixes it up. After a year they move. They never said why.
1962: My Great Grandparents bought the house and after a while, discovered it was haunted.
1977: My G Grandpa said that was when the ceiling started dripping blood.
198?: My G Grandma saw a ghost in the cellar.
1990-2004: Strange occurences were regular, and the ceiling had dripped blood about ten times by now.
2005: My cousin and me saw the ghost in the attic.
2010: My G Grandmother died.
2011: My G Grandfather died a week after the anniversary of my G Grandmother's death.
2011: The house was sold and bought...
Mreaglesfan127 (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
[at] Fergie

Me and my cousin plan to go back to the house one day. As I've said before I'm pretty confident that we'll get the chance since no one besides my G Grandparents have stayed very long in the house. Kinda funny because my G Grandparents knew there were ghosts in the house, but it never bothered them... Except when they had to clean up the blood, that got old quick.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
Well. Children's imagination or not, especially after hearing those spooky tales, and being told NOT to go into the attic; that must have been pretty scary. I would not have stuck around any longer, either. What a pitty that you couldn't go back when you were older, (& wiser) to find out. Lol. 😢
Mreaglesfan127 (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
[at] Anneke8

Well there's not much more to tell. It's really not that old of a house, so I think the only really bad thing that happened there was the bride that got killed. Both of my G Grandparents are dead now, but none of them died in the house. Mabye next time I go in to Pike County I'll check and see if the house is for sale... I'd like to check out that attic again.
Mreaglesfan127 (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
[at] Mysterpoo

I really do wish I could go back to the house. If it was a ghost we saw, then it probably was trying to tell us something. Possibly about her death? But it was no mystery on who killed her. The police found the guy that did it. I do have a lot of questions though. A shame my G Grandparents don't own the house anymore (they both passed away). But I honestly don't expect the house to stay inhabited for long... My G Granparents were the only people that had stayed longer than a few months...
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
Hi Mreaglesfan, I thought the blood was comming from the attic. I think this has very much to do about the bride that was murdered there. Could only have been a white dress you saw, but I don't realy thing so.
PLEASE tell us more about the house's history!
mysterPOO (63 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
thank you for sharing an interesting story...ya,i really agree with CodyMist. Why don't you and your cousin go the attic again? Maybe the "figure" has something to show or say...well,i don't know as we can't believe evil spirits. But just try for once. What do you think,Mreaglesfan127?
😊
Mreaglesfan127 (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
[at] Nysa

I agree with you all the way. Now the blood thing was very much real since it has happened on a few occasions, and when my great grandparents had to clean it up, it was obviously blood. As for the attic thing, yes it could've been our imagination. We were ten so its hard to say.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
"Blood" dripping from the ceiling or down walls is usually rusty water. You would be amazed how water can pool & travel through a house. The woman in the attic would be scary, but it's the kind of thing kids often see, when in fact it was just the preserved dress on a mannequin with childish imagination adding scary details to the vision. I should not say childish it happens to us as adults too! I am not saying these could not be paranormal events, but I find it more likely they were not.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
I had a ceiling dripping blood experience in the old house I grew up in (I had many paranormal experiences there as a child). There was no attic to the old one story house, and as far as I know nobody was ever murdered there. To this day, I have no idea why it happened. It was one night close to Christmas. I was maybe 4 or 5 years old, lying in bed looking at the Christmas tree in the living room which had the lights on, when something that resembled blood dripped down in the floor right beside my bed. The next morning, my grandmother and aunt found it and wiped it up.
Mreaglesfan127 (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
[at] anneke8

Thank you for your interest in the story! Before my Great Grandpa died, he did a little researching on the house and discovered back in the 30's or 40's (I can't remember) a young bride was murdered in the house by a burglar. They found her body in the attic so I guess that explains why she was in the attic. I have more stories about what happened in that house so I'll try to post them later. And to answer your question, yes the blood was coming from the attic.
Mreaglesfan127 (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
[at] shubham1120

I would say that the paranormal stuff still goes on. I don't really see why they would stop since they have been going on for 40+ years.
Mreaglesfan127 (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
[at] CodyMist

I can't go back to the house because my Great Grandpa and Great Grandma are dead so they don't own the house anymore. If they did, I would surely go back!
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
Your story is amazing, but too short! I want to know more! Have no one tried to find out more about the history of the house yet? I LOVE spooky stories like this. The blood that dripped, was it coming from the attic?
shubham1120 (41 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
Wow! That was creepy. Did that dripping blood thing and other paranormal encounters stop or they still experience them?
CodyMist (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
If you can go back to the house I would go back in the attic and see if the spirit speaks to you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: