You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The White Candle

Real Ghost Stories

The White Candle

 

By Aunty Lu Lu, Year 1965, at the age of 4 to 5 years old.

This is my first time sharing my stories. For the half of the centuries of my life, I had encountered many unnatural incidents in my life, so I'd like to share them with you. I was born and raised in a Kampong, opposite Sembawang park (Andrew Avenue).

I used to go to the only community center to watch tv programme at a very young age, even if I don't understand a single word. You see, in the 60s to own a black and white tv set is consider "rich".

So after some years my Ah Pa bought the very first black-and-white TV set with a pulling bamboo door and it was placed in the living room that have only one window that happen to face my neighbor's car park. I became a regular audience, so one night after watches RTM 3 the "pontianak" show (around 11.30pm), I have to closed the only window and I told myself not to look out because I had this dreaded feeling something was not right.

Out of curiosity, I looked out and saw a white lit candle in mid-air at the car park. I pulled and closed the window and still asked my 2nd sister (the scaredy-cat of the family) to open and see outside. She said, "See what? No one there la..." Well, I did not think much of it and I wasn't afraid at all.

The next day, I told my Ah Mm (Hokkien: father's elder brother's wife, because in the 60s very pan tang to call your own mother "mama", about this incident, and she said: "Kee Soh (name of the neighbor) pai pai Ah lau," her husband who had passed away recently, but how could she light a candle in the mid air?

Maybe she learn a trick from Chris Angel.

I thought pai pai should be 2 red candle and joss stick and some paper money... Why white candle? Unless you place the candle at the alter of the dead, right?

Other hauntings by auntylulu96

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Singapore

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, auntylulu96, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

thebelive123 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-13)
wowwoooowoowowoow coolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll story 😲
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-12)
Hi auntylulu96, you did see a white candle fully lit floating in the air and you asked your sister to see outside the window. She said that there was nobody. That means that she did not see the candle? Have you asked her about it? Or you didn't?

Well, the problem is that you said that you won't be reading the comments. Well, as I said earlier, try to contribute and reply to the comments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-08)
Interesting story here, auntylulu96. It is interesting that you saw a white candle seemingly floating in mid air. I can't for certain say what you saw.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-08)
Fascinating. What do red candles mean to you? If a white candle is for putting on the grave, maybe that's what you saw. Maybe you saw that someone had died in the building recently and his wife was grieving for him?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: