You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Doppleganger Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

Doppleganger Encounter

 

My name's Aaron and this happened to my girlfriend less than an hour ago. I found this site whilst looking up doppelganger stuff on Google immediately after the encounter. I'm more or less hoping I can get some information on the phenomena.

I was sitting on the couch playing xbox (which sits looking at the bathroom door, the TV sits on the edge of the wall that leads to a hall which the bathroom sits in the middle of, so from the couch you can see the bathroom) while my girlfriend was taking a shower.

All is normal, she gets out of the shower and asks me, "Why didn't you grab your cigarette off the sink?" I responded with, "I forgot I had set one there" at which point she informed me that I had came in the bathroom and asked to get my cig along with a 7 minute conversation with her while she was in the shower.

I had not gotten off the couch at ANY point while she was in the shower. She is positive it was my voice and says she caught a glimpse of me smiling while she set her hair tie on the sink next to the shower. She heard the door open and close when "I" came in and left but I would have noticed any light as it opened as I'm sitting on the wall you look at coming out of the bathroom. I'm positive it never opened.

I have no doubt she's not messing with me; however, we went on a little amateur ghost hunt in a graveyard not far away a couple weeks ago. I wonder if this could have anything to do with the encounter. And something else I'm not sure whether is related, the last 2 nights I have found feces (poop) in the shower. We do have a cat but I have suspicions that it wasn't him. He's never gone outside the litter box AND the amount seems... Unnatural for a cat, full blown man sized diarrhea.

I'm just hoping somebody could maybe give me some information on "doppelganger" ghost voice imitation or just anything you think I should know given my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, grench, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

grench (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-21)
Thanks for sharing east, pretty strange story, but then again so is mine lol, I find it pretty interesting, perhaps our story is of the same nature, just curious is there anything other then feces that they have in common
eastleedsboi (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-20)
Hi Aaron, I wouldn't dismiss the feces as pet related just yet. I remember a long time ago I used to babysit for a friends daughter who used to see a small man with a beard come out of her bedroom wardrobe and talk to her on a night. Although this terrified me as I was only about 14 years old, this is not why I am writing. On one occasions I went upstairs and on the top step in this house was what can only be described as cat feces mixed with sick, there were no pets in the house and the girl couldn't get out of bed, but as I cleaned it up I remember thinking that it didn't seem normal. I thought about it now and again as I grew up but never really spoke of it until now. By the way, your doppleganger story is bizarre and apparently we all have one, in your own home though, that's strange.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-19)
Hello grench, thanks for your kind response. You said in one of your comments that you are going to assume that the feces were due to the cat. I would like to tell you that to rule out any other possibility, you please take the advise of Val. That means, if you find the feces again, take it for testing. Secondly, you cannot assume things, if you want to be sure.

But if it is not cat, then I feel that it has to be paranormal.

Miracles, as you said, I am also not sure. But if the feces issue is not because of the cat or any other animal, then I would definitely vouch it should be paranormal and that too an evil entity. I do not think it is demonic but very evil and harmful spirit. In our culture, presence of feces in odd places inside the house and even in toilets outside the closets, are considered to be evil. After one or two sightings of such feces, people automatically call some 'tantric' to assess the situation. That is the reason why I keep on asking about the feces.

Thanks once again for the response grench but still try to be sure on various aspects.

If you feel that, I mean your gut feeling, it is evil and harmful, we can suggest cleansing.

But before that please clarify the issues raised by me and also other posters.

Regards and respects to you and Miracles.

SDS
grench (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-18)
Elfstone - no, I mean we have a shade tree but no shadows were being cast, nothing that should have created an optical illusion like that, but like I said it very well could have been a trick of the mind, from exhaustion, hunger, even adjusting to the light as I looked up, the possibilitys are endless for this experience, as for the cat, this house was a foreclosure we just purchased, it has been empty for over 2years so I doubt the scent of any other pets are the problem, and we had it "nuked" to handle a spider problem, which has seemed to fail but I'm pretty sure no snakes or anything other then spiders are a problem. And -miracles- I don't either, not in the slightest.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-18)
Hey, Grench! I haven't been to Nevada in ages, but I knew it well *mumble mumble* years ago when I was a Cottey girl! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Is Deepwood Cemetery the one with the glass topped tomb?

When your girlfriend's face seemed to change, were you somewhere shaded by one or more trees? The moving, dappled shadows could easily create such an optical illusion. I had that happen once with snow on a car windshield blocking a yard light. Even though I knew what it was as it was happening, it was seriously freaky!

The cat not going inside could be cause for alarm. It could just be that the previous occupants had animals and your cat doesn't like their scent, it could just be your cat being a cat, or it could be something paranormal. But I'd check the ceiling, crawl space and utilities closet for snakes, just to be sure.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-18)
grench - thank you for taking time to respond to the questions. Not sure what to make of this, to be honest.
grench (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-18)
SDS - those are all valid questions but no, no medical conditions, no medication, not even for allergys she said it sounded like my voice, she said my attitude when she declined "my inquiry to join her" was a little strange, but other then that the only weird things to her was that I didn't take my cigarette, which was IN the sink rather then on the sink where I had left it, and that I told her to use the blue towel. Which is very strange. But other then that she didn't say anything else stood out. Personally to me the fact that my cig was moved makes me curious, perhaps it attempted to take it, for whatever reason couldn't?. I've done ALOT of research since that night and a 7minute Convo, which could be inaccurate, we all know how hard it is to judge time in the shower. But a 7min Convo is very rare, any full blown conversation is from what I understand. Which concerns me with the rest of the encounter that it could possibly be demonic... I pray I worries are not needed but even with the lack of definitive paranormal dctivity, I feel uneasy.
grench (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-18)
Somebody else asked where/name of the graveyard we hinge at. Nevada missouri (near joplin) at the deepwood cemetary
grench (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-18)
I've been reading some of the comments, somebody asked what the conversation in the shower was like, well by her account it was very forgettable, she said I had a weird attitude, I asked to get in the shower with her, she said no, shocker lol. The strangest thing in my opinion is she asked "me" if there were any towels clean and I told her "yes use the blue one" which was at the bottom of the folded towels. But yes she saw me smiling through the clear inner curtain, which the outter shower curtain overlaps, so I guess when she set her hair ties on the sink she caught a distorted glimpse of me though the clear curtian, but I'll have to confirm that for sure, it wasn't my experience so don't quote me until I ask her and post back
grench (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-18)
Hey guys sorry I just found the email telling me this had been published, well as for the "feces" I'm going to assume that was my cat, however odd it may have been, cats are odd creatures. I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the responses, well I've had a few strange encounters since then that I haven't told my girlfriend, she's very...skittish. I personally am not bothered much by such things, but I'll start off by saying most of these things are nothing on the level of what happened to her in the shower, but I've moved since this posting, less then a block away, but a few small things have happened in both houses. Most recently earlier today me and emily (my girlfriend) were trying to clean out neglected flower beds in the back yard, and we were just chatting, I looked up to answer a question she asked and for a split second her face seemed...different, I could almost swear she looked 30years older for a moment but, it could very well have been a trick of the mind, it bothered me a bit none the less. Other then that, I've been hearing tapping in the basement, where my game room is, and when I investigate the tapping, which I've heard twice, it stops, a few nights ago I was just playing a game and kept hearing it, bugging me I finally got up and tried to figure out what it was, I assumed it was a pipe or something, but as soon as I walked in the direction it was emanating from, it stoped. Same thing both times. The bedroom door opened its self a couple times, but the latch is questionable, a few things in the nature of things moving and sounds have happened since the doppleganger incident (maybe 7 or 8 in all) and a general sense of being watched and just being uncomfortable, I'm not an easy guy to freak out, but I must admit I've been very weary and uneasy in both houses. While I can discount almost all the experiences with logic... I'm just not sure. Perhaps the fact that my cat won't step foot in the new house isn't helping put me at ease. All the comments where to overwhelming to answer so please, if you'd like to discuss it further or have questions, anything feel free to inbox me
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
Samtillie, I know what you mean! I was on this British ghost forum and everyone kept spelling color "colour" an calling their mom "mum"! Silly people! ๐Ÿ˜œ

I wonder if the OP is ever going to weigh in? I'd missed that the conversation in the shower lasted seven minutes! Maybe their idea of a conversation is she talks and he grunts and nods, or something.
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
I'm surprised there wasn't even single 'punny' statement on this 'shiatty' post ๐Ÿ˜œ ๐Ÿ˜†
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
hmmm...not even here can I put faeces (with a line above the last e) , without it turning into gibberish. Lol Well, at one time it was considered a profanity. ๐Ÿ˜†
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
samtillie, both spellings are correct. Faeces is mostly British, where feces is mostly American. Interesting note: the Brits have stuck closer to the original Latin - faecēs. But then I find that true with most spellings. ๐Ÿ˜Š
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
You should let us know if anything else has happened since. Everyone has spelt feces instead of faeces lol ๐Ÿ˜
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
Hi grench, welcome to YGS. First things first. Let us clear the feces. Either it should be the cats or other animals like Val said. My suggestion would be to get the feces for testing, if you happen to see them again. Additionally, you can take your cat to a Vet and have her checked thoroughly. This would clear if the feces has got anything to do with the animals.

Secondly, I don't think that your ghost hunting has something to do with what happened to your girl friend in the shower.

Thirdly, you said that she was having a straight seven minute discussion. Then what was she discussing about. You ask her as to how was the voice, the tenor, the way it pronounced the words etc.

Fourthly, please do not mistake me for asking this. Does your girl friend have any medical problems or is she under treatment or is she being administered with any drugs that could make her drowsy. Anything at all, if you want to add, could help us give you necessary advise and suggestions.

But I do not think it is a doppelganger. If you happen to decide and rule out first and fourth possibilities as narrated above, feces and the medical condition, if at all any, about your girl friend, then we have to switch to paranormal.

Please keep us posted and please do try to answer the questions raised by me as well as others.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Sparkie (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
Truthfully, this doesn't sound like a doppelganger at all. What I have to ask is if your girlfriend actually saw "you" when this all occurred, or was is just your voice she heard?
If it was just the voice, it could just be a spirit, or possibly a demon. Not to scare you but, they have the ability to mock a person's voice. I'm not saying it is, just the outlying possibilities.
As for the mess in the shower, I believe its your cat. For one, I've never heard of a ghost using the bathroom somewhere. A cat however, yes. My cat is extremely clean and yet if I don't clean out her litter box every day, even I just skip it by half a day, she finds somewhere else to do her business. She could also be sick. When I was young we had an older cat and when she was getting close to her time of passing, she became really ill and couldn't control her bowel movements. Your cat could just possibly be ill so I advise you take her to a vet for a checkup. It couldn't hurt anyways as you always want to make sure your pets are healthy.
Hope you figure something out!

Thanks for sharing,
-Sparkie
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-14)
grench: Definitely an interesting account here, I think more needs to be answered from your girlfriend, I mean a 7 minute conversation, that is pretty long and if it definitely wasn't you then I'm sure she could shed some light on what it was she was talking about.
As Miracles mentioned there is always different patterns regarding Doppelgangers, one thing I have noticed though is that you never get to see the face a lot of the time and if you do there is always something a little different in the appearance, I'm assuming that your girlfriend saw the smile through a shower screen? Look forward to hearing from you.

Dan
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-14)
OK, there's really no delicate way to say this, so I'll just say. Ghosts aren't really equipped to move their bowels, what with not having bowels and all. Someone living is making boom boom in the shower.
As others have stated, cats do things like that if they are ill. They also do things like that if their box isn't clean enough to suit them, or they don't like their litter. Take your cat to the vet and make sure he's healthy. Make extra sure his box is clean, easily accessible, and has an adequate amount of litter. I agree with Val that getting a sample tested is a good idea. It may be someone playing an incredibly disgusting prank. People are weird.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-14)
I was rethinking this through last night and I got a kind of insight. Dude, I think your girlfriend may be having you on and gas lighting you? Is that within the realm of possibility? She claims doors open and shut and that she's seen stuff, but nobody else has. We do read stories about two people looking right at an apparition and one sees it and the other doesn't, but usually both or all experience at least part of an event. And the feces... Probably her. Something about this just seems...improbable. Maybe she did experience exactly what she said she did in the bathroom and you just have a sick cat... Or ghost. Or maybe this is her idea of a funny joke?
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-14)
[at] elfstone810 interesting! According to Google the word has declined in popularity since 1850! Auto correct is bringing it back! ๐Ÿ˜œ
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-14)
Siren, that depends on the teenager. I know a few who might say "whilst". Whilst is also right next to while on the auto complete bar when I type "whil" into my phone. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Hahiha (28 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-14)
Siren, Grench had left the cigarette in the bathroom earlier.
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-14)
Hi. I would like to point out that sometimes cats and dogs will leave their excrement in a place you're sure to find it if something is wrong with them. For instance, my cat would pee and defecate in my shower when he was having kidney issues. It was completely out of character for him not to use the litter box. He would do this to tell us that something was wrong with him and to take him to the vet.

As far as the experience your girlfriend had in the shower, have you ever had any incidences with sleepwalking and were any drugs involved? I am not asking this to be in any way accusatory. Certain medicines (NyQuil for me) can cause a dreamlike state. I apparently talked to my mom on the phone for an hour and had no recollection of it. You (or your double) left a cigarette in the bathroom didn't you?

I am not at all trying to discredit your story. With serious events such as this, it is important to consider all alternatives because if something other than you really did watch your girlfriend shower, then that is scary.

Finally, do you teenagers in Missouri commonly use the word "whilst"?

Good luck! ๐Ÿ˜œ
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-14)
You went on a "ghost hunt" and got more than you bargained for. Your mind set of finding something was tantamount to giving consent to this thing paying you a visit?
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-14)
doppelganger, is the German version of double, I won't go into just what it means, but you understand the point. Your story does not sound or look like a true doppelganger or double and they don't leave anything behind to be found, let alone what you found in your bathtub. What it sounds like is you have something very mean and nasty in your home (it pretended to be you and watched your girlfriend take a shower) I think you have a creeper, yes an old one, who gets it kicks doing such things, so have your home blessed and have someone look for pests, really. Because a doppelganger cannot do such things. Good luck
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
I don't think you brought anything home from the grave yard with you. Did she get a good look at it, or just going by the voice sounding like you? I'm asking, because I don't want to say doppleganger if it's not. I have heard what sounded like my husband or son, but was'nt them. Sometimes the ghosts can imitate the sounds of the living.

As far as the feces, my cats can only eat certain types of catfood or otherwise end up with diaherrea, and just as big as mine. Certain types of breeds of cats and dogs stomachs are sensitive, and if not gven the right type of food can have diaherrea. The only reason I know this is because I have looked it up. One other thing is, my cats love to climb into my bathtub and drink the water that drips, I've seen them do it. They are worse than dogs with the toilets too, lol, their whole head inside the toilet. It could also be as val said, nocternal creatures. As far as the feces part goes, I'm sorry, I don't think it's paramormal. Just my own opinion though.
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
Is it possible that there is "something" attached to the home or even possibly your girlfriend? Not to scare you but I've read where demons can take on a form of a child or a loved one to make the person that their bothering feel comfortable. I would hope that's it's not. I'm still learning about dopplegangers so I won't state an opinion on that. I don't believe the feces has anything to do with the paranormal but again, that's just an opinion. If you still feel uncomfortable in the home I would seek advice from a spiritual healer and maybe sage the home. It wouldn't hurt.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
grench - excuse me while I clear up a misunderstanding. Silene, elfstone is right. I wasn't accusing you of claiming to be an expert. You never said you were and I didn't take it that you thought you were. I was just trying to get across that I don't think ANYONE is.

Thanks, elfstone ๐Ÿ˜Š

Sorry, grench ๐Ÿ˜Š
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
... And how to do it! I meant to say Val has good ideas both about getting it tested and how to do it!

Silene, I don't think Miracles was accusing you of claiming to be an expert. But you said that no one should go on a ghost hunt without being an expert. None of us are experts.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: