You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Missing Half Hour

Real Ghost Stories

My Missing Half Hour

 

My story happened when I was 5 years old. I was visiting my Uncle's house in Lothair, Kentucky. My Uncle owned a small house right next door to an old Victorian House that was built in the 1880's. The house was the spitting image of "The Munster's" house, for those of you who remember the show of the same name.

The house was dilapidated and in extreme disrepair and, as a result, was going to be torn down. My cousins and I loved the old place. We decided to go inside for a quick look around and then come out.

It was about 10:15 when we went inside. The interior had a parlor, front room, side room and a grand staircase that went upstairs to the second floor rooms. We went into the parlor where all the furniture was covered with white sheets. They were covered in dust, and we moved through the house quickly to see everything. My cousins went to another room, but for some reason I was entranced by this room.

I left a moment later and walked outside. My Uncle and cousins ran up to me and asked where I was. I said, "You were just with me, why are you asking me where I was?" My cousins said they came out a half hour ago and they got worried, so they brought my Uncle with them.

I don't know what happened, but I lost half an hour in that place. I walked to my Uncle's house and saw the clock read 10:45. My cousins left me and I followed them a minute later.

How could I lose a half hour in that place? That's something I'd like to know. To this day I still can't understand how or why I lost that half hour.

My cousins show me pictures of the old house. The cool thing was, it was a magnificent mansion, it's a shame that it's gone now. But in my mind, it will NEVER be forgotten.

Other hauntings by Pierman1964

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pierman1964, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
Hi Pierman1964, I feel that you might have been absorbed about the room, perhaps the way it felt. Because we do not know what tastes everyone has. They might have been calling you but since you were not able to hear it out because that you were interested in that room. That is a rational explanation. But I don't think that there is anything paranormal attached to this narrative. For a person of 5, you were quite remarkable in remembering the time and the place, especially your memory. Otherwise, I don't think your experience has got anything to do with paranormal.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
lady-glow, that's the fascinating thing about people in general, all the different types of 'strengths' and 'smarts'.
nima (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
I have a theory that people may find bizarre but then again truth is stranger than fiction. Supernatural and science go hand in hand, so like one person here said that there may have been many spirits around due to the house being very old, it maybe possible that the spirits generated enough energy for you to have traveled through time, afterall spirits are energies. Time slows down dramatically for those who time travel, a minute or few seconds for them may easily be half an hour or more for them.
I don't remember very well but there was a guy who traveled through time while trying to fix something under his kitchen sink, details can be found on youtube or maybe you can just google it. Am not a christian but I believe there is a time travel story in Bible, it's the Jeremiah story.
Http://portal.groupkos.com/index.php?title=Abimelech's_Forward_Time_Travel
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
valkricry: I, too, got surprised about a 5 y/o telling the time, but then remembered my son at age three asking for his toys not for what they were (a red truck, an airplane, etc) but for the number and kind of batteries this toys take! -the truck with four AAA, the plane with two D.
I was already in my 30's and couldn't identify the different kinds of batteries! 😆 😆 😆

Pierman: sometimes I do not even know what happens to the 24 hours of my days!
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
One simple thing to say: maybe you could've passed out or something during that half hour?
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
Pierman, you said you were only 5 when this happened. Is that some sort of typo? I only ask because it seems rather reckless of your cousins to have left you alone in that room. I'm also amazed you can recall the times from then. Heck, being 5, I'm impressed you could even tell time 😊.
Ok, I'll stop tripping on that minor detail. We have a 'Munster' type house out here too! I know that the owners moved it in from somewhere, and put it on a nice big lot they had purchased. It's easy to see how someone could fall in love with it, and even easier to think it might be haunted. And, I can easily see the lure of that house for you guys to want to go in. I wonder what became of that half hour? Interesting... Very interesting indeed.
CheekyLizzy (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
You said that the house was being torn down, because it's an old building? Maybe there is some history behind that house, and maybe there were ghosts in that house. It is possible that the ghosts were attached to the house and didn't want it to get torn down. So that explains why you were in the room so long without realizing it. I'm not entirely sure to why they choose you to stay in that room for half an hour, maybe this is a good time to contact proper people with more knowledge of ghosts. But this is interesting, and my best guess would be that you are more open to the spiritual world, you were 5, and little kids are more open to things such as Santa, the tooth fairy, etc. And even ghosts. So maybe they were using you, maybe telling you something or showing you something that you cannot remember. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: