You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: A Ghost Used My Arms

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost Used My Arms

 

In the summer of 1995, a friend of mine visited me from Florida, but spent the week at another friend's house. Near the end of his stay, he asked if I would drive him to Detroit to visit his grandmother. I obliged, for it was only a four hour trip, so I went.

We arrived at his grandmother's house on Friday night and he planned to return to Chicago with me the next morning. I slept in his grandmother's spare room that night, and didn't have anything happen until 3 a.m. I was sleeping until I realized that I felt my arms moving. I was really tired so I cracked my right eye open to a slit and was astonished at what I witnessed. Both of my arms were moving without the benefit of a conscious decision to physically move them. They felt like jello, yet I wasn't scared or even frightened. In fact, I was downright intrigued. I kept my eye opened for another minute or so and then I went back to sleep. That morning I went to my friend and told him what happened. He was interested as he and I feel and sense things out of the ordinary. He told me to tell his grandmother.

I braced myself and found his grandmother quilting. As she sewed, my friend asked me to reveal what happened the night before. I related the whole story and even told her that her husband enjoyed flyfishing and golf. Her face turned pale as I told her what happened. I then told her about her husband's military duty in World War I and described her husband to her. She grew even more pale, but then she suddenly smiled and calmed down. She went to a shelf where she had a picture of her deceased husband in his World War I uniform. He matched everything I told to her. She said to me that I wasn't the first to encounter him. She had nieces and nephews who sensed her husband in the spare room. She then revealed to my friend and I that the bed I slept in was the bed he died in!

Emboldened by this I continued to relate the course of the night. My friend's grandmother said thank you for telling her. Not every one can sense the invisible things around them. I even continue to have encounters with my deceased cat, but that is another story.

Other hauntings by Pierman1964

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pierman1964, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
sds - as soon as I can get time this morning (at work and everyone is here), I'll move this to one of my stories.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
Miracles, thank you very much. Please enlighten me on this aspect. Perhaps without knowing much about it, I commented about OP.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
SDS - I was going to comment on this story, but actually forgot about it.

I have an experience I'm trying to figure out exactly to word that deals with exactly this. When granny, cosmogal, clever and our friends went to Haunted Hill View in New Castle, PA in June this happened to me. Anyone who didn't know me, and even those who know me 😆, could question the legitimacy of what happened. I don't want to go into detail because I'd be taking the focus away from Pierman's story, but some ghosts actually do communicate using a person, just as Pierman said happened.

If this is confusing, let me know and I'll move it to one of my stories and try and explain more, okay? 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
I am on the fence on this narrative. I find it difficult to believe this. I don't know how any person's hands would be used without his volition. Next the OP did not narrate that he saw anything or any apparition moving his hands. Then the 3 a.m. Cliche. Then next day he describing to his friend's aunt about her late husband. No, I find it difficult to accept it. It is just like coming out of some movie clipping. Too difficult to agree that this really happened.

Regards and respects.

SDS
Hahiha (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
I too sometimes experience my deceased house cats, usually they curl up behind my legs.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: