You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Foretelling Minor Life Events

Real Ghost Stories

Foretelling Minor Life Events

 

In one of my other stories, I mentioned that I have had some other experiences with the paranormal. I'm not sure that this qualifies, but I wanted to share anyway.

The earliest that I can remember having one of these experiences was in the 5th grade. What is that, 11, 12 years old? I went to bed like any other night and had a vivid dream about school. Yes, I know, how boring am I that I dreamt of school. In my dream, I was telling a friend about a comic book I had found in a garbage bin. It was from the 1960's, Captain America, and aside from a small tear on the back cover, it was in good condition. About two weeks went by after the dream when, sure enough, I found the comic book in a garbage bin that had been tossed into the desert field at the end of the street I lived on. I went to school the next day and started to tell my friend when I had the feeling like I had done this already. I actually had a hard time forming words at that point.

This has happened a few times in my life, never really about major live events. Every dream is really vivid. In one occasion I was picking up some new item at the grocery store, something that didn't even exist at the time of my dream. I bought the item about 3 weeks to a month after the dream, it wasn't until I got home that I realized I had done this before.

In another instance it was the conversation I had with my Commanding Officer when he told me I was going over-seas. The real conversation happened about a month later. The one that disturbs me the most is the dream I had telling a friend not to worry, his family was fine, too far away from the towers to be affected. That dream was 2 months before the events of 9/11.

I understand the basic concept of Deja Vu, but this seems like something wholly different, thoughts?

Other hauntings by abelievermetalfan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, abelievermetalfan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-09)
abelievermetalfan - the very first time something like this happened to me (that I remember) I was a senior in high school. It also was a dream. That was 31 years ago. Some people call them premonitions, prophetic dreams, visions.

I keep a Journal, and this is the best advice I can give you. One of my dreams took a year before it came to realization. When I had it, I knew it was going to happen, just not when or who the key players would be.

There is a huge difference between a dream and a "prophetic dream" or whatever term you want to use. The feeling is so much different, as is the clarity.

Anyway, there are many of us on this site who understand your story. Thank you for sharing this with us. No, it may not be a "ghost" story; however, it does fall in the realm of experiences we share.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: