You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirits Of Today And The Past 2

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits Of Today And The Past 2

 

It has been a while since I wrote my story. A lot has changed since then, but not the experiences. We moved from Washington State to Ga. For a month or so everything was quiet. Then things started happening again.

First I get what I call a feeling of doom, as I call it, that someone in the family died or was dying. I called home and was told my sister-in-law had stage 4 cancer and they had only given her a couple months to live. I have always had the feelings though, so was used to them.

My son-in-law was in Iraq, had been there a couple months. My daughter slept on the couch or in her children's bedroom. One morning around 4:30 am the alarm clock went off in their bedroom. It wasn't plugged in and had not been set.

Then another time, middle of the day, my granddaughters came running into my room and were accusing each other of pulling their hair. While they were in my bedroom, their shelving that had their porcelain dolls and snow globes on it fell over. While we were cleaning up we heard what sounded like the closet door open and shut, but we were right there. The door never opened.

Then another time my granddaughter and I saw a woman in a white shirt walk through the living room towards the front door. When my son-in-law came home, I moved back home to Kentucky.

Since I have been home, I moved into an apartment on the top floor. Nothing above me but the roof and sky, but almost every night after I would go to bed, it sounded as if someone was walking above me, or loud noises in the living room. Loud thumps like someone had dropped something. It was so bad I started staying awake all night and just sleep a couple hours during the day.

A little over a month ago, I got a cat. Started going to bed at night again. A couple nights after I got him, he was laying beside me, sat up and just stared at the doorway, then started moving his head like he was watching something move around the room. This went on like this up until last Tuesday. After we went to bed, the cat was laying beside me and jumped up looking toward the door, but this time he cowered. He was scared. Then he went to the doorway looking into the living room, started hissing and arching his back. I jumped up, came into the living room, did not see anything. I called to the cat and he slunk into the opening of the living room. I picked him up and he was shaking.

An hour or little more, we learned my brother in Oklahoma had just died. I did not get the feeling of doom over my brother. Why? Do I think that everything that has happened over the years is some how connected to me? Yes I do, but I don't know why. Could it have been my brother that scared the cat so bad? I believe it was. Does anyone have any suggestions for me on how to deal with everything?

Other hauntings by sandee568

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sandee568, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sandee568 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-18)
Thank you for replying. You gave me something to think about of the two, sensitive, or empath. As far as a residing spirit, I feel that there is more than one. I don't feel like they are mean, but that at times they get angry, I also feel like they are watching over me. I used to try talk to some in my family about things that have happened, but when I have they look at me like I am loco, so now I just keep it to myself. The thing I hate most of all this is that feeling of doom I sometimes get. I absolutely dread that.
josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-25)
I agree with spiritwaiting. If you feel a presence and it makes you feel uncomfortable you might want to tell them they are not welcomed and it is time for them to leave. I would even say a prayer out loud afterwards. That has worked for me. I wrote a story on this forum under the title 'Lillie'.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-24)
sandee568, I don't think it would have been your brother whom scared the cat. Usually animals react to a spirit whom is malevolent in some way. The good ones, not so much. You may be a sensitive, or empath. Especially when it comes to your family. You may have a residing spirit, in the home who is trying to cause a little trouble. I suggest prayer and letting the spirit know they are not welcome there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: