You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Brief Encounter With A Nun From The Past?

Real Ghost Stories

A Brief Encounter With A Nun From The Past?

 

My name is Richard and around a year ago I was standing in the city centre waiting on a bus. I was looking uphill and out of the corner of my eye someone's stride caught my attention.

This 'person' stopped around 15 feet after walking past me and paused for a couple of seconds then turned around and looked straight at me. I held eye contact for around 5-10 seconds. I then looked away and thought to myself something isn't right! I looked back and she was still looking at me. I noticed that she was dressed as a nun; however, she was wearing a white and brown hat, a brown cloak (looked like leather), and had a large wooden cross hanging at stomach level. I then thought am I seeing a ghost? She's dressed as if she should be riding a horse. Or am I hallucinating, I've never had that. Or is this person's mind not well, why walk past then stop and turn and pick me out of a busy street?

She looked as if she was learning about me with the way her top eyelids were slightly moving, I could see that she was taking in information. That's when I started to feel a bit uncomfortable so I turned to look at the bus timetable for a few seconds then looked round again and she was gone. I looked around for her but I couldn't see her although there was a corner she could have went around.

A few months ago I was having a few beers with my dad and I told him about this and I was expecting him to say goodnight you've had enough, but he said wait a minute that's a bit strange. He said that my grandad saw something similar on a bus concerning a nun not from that time. I asked him what it was and he said that I would have to speak to his sister (my aunt) because my grandad told her about it and she is around 8 years older than my dad. My dad would have been too young to remember or not mature enough to have been told about it. I'm not close to my aunt and very rarely see her. I don't think I could phone and ask her about it. My dad has never said anything more about it and I've never brought it up again.

I thought that I should share this because I don't believe that I was hallucinating or that it was someone strange. I would like to hear if anyone has experienced or heard of anything similar.

Richard

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, slicks79, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

slicks79 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-30)
thanks people, i'm going to look into this more and i'll post as soon as I have more info. X
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
I can't believe you haven't wanted to get the story from your aunt, because this is like a family being stalked by a ghost. She" remembered your grand dad when he was young and now you, my how the family has changed." Have you asked any body younger than you if they have seen this lady? What order in England wore lether cloaks? I'm thinking they were usualy wool, right? Cool story.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
Your account is a rare one Richard, but they do happen and leave you feeling like your in a Matrix Movie?... How does someone or something solid just disappear?...its happen to me a couple of times over the years and I feel it has a lot to do with the energy of consciousness and the qauntum fields of probabilities the spirit can revoke back into matter for a short periods of time and I knew before I read your account she was going to disappear when you took your eyes of her, this is so typical of the qauntum world where particals are only matter when being observed and she was using telepathy on you mate its a lot easier from that level of consciousness ts why she stopped and turned around and looked at you.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
Maybe she was looking at you that way because she recognized your grandfather in you.

I'm with the others on this one. Maybe ask your dad if he can talk with your aunt about it or try to break the ice with her.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2013-11-26)
This website has old, scanned photos of nuns in older style habits. You might want to go through, read the descriptions, and try to unravel which order the nun belonged to.

Http://www.nunsandsisters.com/Photographs.html
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-26)
Hi slicks79, like spiritwaiting said, it is not late to start. You had a wonderful experience and your dad said that your grandfather had similar experience when waiting for a bus. If you aunt knows about it, well, definitely you should break the ice and try to ask her. Please do and post it. It could definitely give us some information. Again quoting spiritwaiting, you should look into the family tree and if possible, find out if that nun was one of your ancestors or relatives.

Kindly respond. Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2013-11-26)
Slicks79. I find your story interesting and intriguing.
Do you know if your grandfather saw this nun on one of the buses running the same route as the one you were waiting for? Or do you mean your grandfather was in the bus and she was standing on the street?

Perhaps the nun used to help people in need around that area when she was alive and she was examining you and trying to determine if you needed help?

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Argette (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-26)
Why not ask your dad to break the ice with you aunt for you. This is a fascinating encounter, and if you talk about it openly you might learn more.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-25)
Slicks79, Because you mentioned something similar has happened to your aunt, this may be a relative. Maybe an ancestor, checking in on you. Have you ever tried looking into a "Family Tree" type of thing? This may help you. I think it also is a way of connecting with your aunt. You two may have never been close, but it's never to late to start.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: