You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Dead Close Friend

Real Ghost Stories

Dead Close Friend

 

I come from a medical family and my father, a doctor, experienced two episodes of ghost visuals. I, being an atheist (only recently), just wanted to share them.

During 70's when my father doing his M.B.B.S., those were the times when India was newly getting it's electrification. For a vacation my father came to his native village to see his parents. We own 2 houses 1km apart and my father stays in the other house. On the way to his parents' home it's all dark and my father is walking, talking with the people coming in front of him. It was around 8pm and a few yards away from the destination, my father casually talked with hands around his close friend in lantern light. According to my father his friend on that day looked a bit sad, but my father neglected thinking him to be moody.

Later next day morning he came to know that close friend whom he talked with hands around is dead 3 days before, i.e even before my father came to the village. My father, during his college days, is an atheist, enthusiastic, adventurous and is also well versed with psychiatry and psychology so I'm just passing this genuine experience.

Second experience also during his medicine days this time a female ghost on the bed. I initially thought his sexual desires manifested that way, but hell no my father said it tried to suffocate him. Only when my grandmom chanted mantras it left. My grandmom used to say it is shankini, one kind of demon. My grandmom never saw a ghost, but she collected many stories from our relatives. Those are not reliable because most of them are cowards. Cowardice may exaggerate the actual experience so don't want to confuse here.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scaryyyyyy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scaryyyyyy (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
[at] roshan I m agnostic indeed, I juggle between agnostisim and atheism. Thanks for your suggestion.
Ans1-my father used to stay in houseno1 as single. As already partition of property happened he started to live independently.
Ans2-he is alone on that day, he doesn't know cooking so for food he will have to go to house2. I couldn't able to understand "part of walk"?
Ans3-i m also intersted in physical feeling part I asked him that but he couldn't able to recollect properly, as he is not concentrating on whether he feels the body or not at that time. His aim being having dinner so he is too casual and unwary.
Coming to sleep paralysis assumption, my father an atheist at that time, who wanted to clash with beliefs propably must have aware of about the possibilities of not being experienced a superstitiousone. 😐
instant_crush (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-22)
[at] Swimsinfire...i hope this link helps you in knowing about rakht-pishach- http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pishacha =)
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
First, don't be an atheist just because you don't believe in God.
There are lot of things you don't know about. Try to be a skeptic or an Agnostic. Study every phenomenon closely. If there are natural causes that could possibly be the source, eliminate such reasons and what balance remains could be the answer. So, being a skeptic is always better. A skeptic will accept a fact when it is proven. An Atheist cant.

Questions -
Q.1 - Why was your father staying alone in the other house for the vacation rather than at the house where his parents live, at the time when he was just studying for MBBS? Was he staying alone?

Q2. When he started for the walk from house no. 1 to house no. 2 where his parents lived, was he alone? At what part of the walk did he meet his "dead" friend?

Q.3 - what exactly do you mean by "talked with hands around his close friend"? Did you father hug his friend? Could your father feel him his friend's body? Was it a physical body? Or was it just a casual hand over shoulder or was it just a shake hand? The main question is whether you father feel a physical body?
So, up to what portion of the walk was this friend with your father? Was it just a stop, wish/hug talk or was it a walk along talk? When did your father's friend leave?

Elder's tales should be taken with a pinch of salt until they are corroborated from other sources/ persons.

I feel that your father's shankini /succubus experience seems to be a case of sleep paralysis or old hag.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-18)
What is a rakht-pishach? Sorry if I'm nosey, but I love hearing about other traditions.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-18)
Dear scaryyyyyy, welcome to YGS. I go with instant_crush, about your dad's experience with his close friend. It might be a sort of good bye he was telling your dad. By the way, did you ask your dad if his late friend said anything during the conversation your dad had. If he could recollect it, perhaps we could find out as to why he did manifest himself to your dad even after passing on.

As far as the other experience is concerned, in old villages, still people do have varied number of experiences, some real some not so. I have heard such kind of practice from my grandmother too.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
instant_crush (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
lol. I don't think being well-versed with psychology implies to not believing the possibilities of having contact with the spiritual world. It's about your mental state amd stuff, psychology. Btw, this incident. You say thr friend was close, right? Maybe it was a last goodbye sorta thing. Who knows? And as far as the shankini-thingy is concerned, I find it credible because I read a story about a rakht-pishach thingy the other day. So what are the odds, eh? =)
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
Those were good stories. So are you still an atheist after hearing about all this? Thankyou for being so consise. It was fun.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: