You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Voices And Ouija

Real Ghost Stories

Voices And Ouija

 

This isn't just ONE story here, this is a background of what all I have experienced. While I have never seen anything (other than the "something in the corner of my eye" thing), I mainly hear voices. Sometimes quietly, sometimes too, too loud. They always either say my name (Brianne and/or Bri) or they say stuff in which I can barely hear. It get's so frustrating. I can tell they're talking and saying words, just I cannot make them out. (Does anyone know why? Or what I could do to figure out what they say?)

That's the bulk of my past experiences. The only other thing is the fact that I almost never feel alone. I always feel watched. And this feeling is the strongest right before the voices start. This happens pretty often. Once a week at the least.

These voices also bring me fear. I know that's not good because malevolent para-normalities (such as demons) can feed off of fear. I try to stay calm, but until recently I wasn't even sure I believed in anything paranormal, so I was afraid I'd gone crazy. Now I'm afraid because of it's level of mysteriousness.

My boyfriend has had experiences with demons and his brother even gambled with his soul, so I'm afraid of making a mistake when playing with spirits and having him put in danger again. But, I'm curious so I made myself a Ouija board and this is what happened:

So I made a stereo-typical board and said, "I call upon the peaceful dead. If there are any among you who would like to speak to me on this night, then be with me in this sacred place, please indicate your presence by moving the planchette to 'yes'" And I strongly felt it move to yes. So then I asked it's name. It moved all around the letters, but never stopped, and I said the force felt weak and asked if I could ask a new question. It went to yes. I asked the age. It went to 5. I said, "Are you 5?" It said yes. I said, "Can I go now and contact you another night?" and it wiggled a bit on yes. So I said, "If you're truly okay with this, move the planchette to 'goodbye'" and it did.

I'm afraid I may have wanted to reach a spirit so much that it was my mind may have been playing games, because it felt very weak at times. Also, I didn't get a straight answer when I asked for a name. Then again, it was only 5. So I'm very confused.

If anyone could help me sort some of this out, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, barely_here, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-18)
mii_chl- thank you for your reply. That answers my question. 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-18)
Mii_chl has indicated a willingness to discuss this privately, so please take him/her up on that instead of discussing it here. Let's try to stay on topic and keep in mind there's a frightened individual looking for help by posting this experience. Thanks.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-18)
Hello barely_here, welcome to YGS. I go with Rook and BJJ on Ouija. I had bad experiences and my friends too. It is not a child's toy even though I heard that it is being sold in children's toy shops in US. Home made or otherwise, don't ever use it again. Secondly, from the narrative, I understand that you used it alone and that is even more dangerous. We do not know what is on the other side. It is a gateway for the spirits to enter into this world and if and when a bad spirit does take advantage of it, then all hell will break loose.

I feel you are sensitive to hearing paranormal and that might be the reason that you are hearing the noises.

But once again, please don't use Ouija, home-made or otherwise.

Rook, nice to see you back in YGS. I was away and not so active in the last 3 months or more. Well, I hope that there will be many more good suggestions and advises to all of us through your active participation.

Regards and respects to you all.

SDS
goldduster (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
I've seen people find gold with dowsing rods so I know it is not fake. Sorry to the OP for getting off subject
kariorit (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
<<and you could be falling pray to mental conditioning, mass hysteria (like talking in tongues at church), and may >>>

So now a person's beliefs is a mental illness? Kinda quick with the diagnosis and I don't care if you have 12 thousand hours in "mental heal".

Sorry to sound snarky, but is telling someone they're possibly mentally ill based on a post a good idea?
mii_chl (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
rook, this is a conversation I would love to have, but not here. This young woman has more than enough to worry about than the esoteric discussion of dowsing and toys. Please feel free to email me. That's the whole reason I set up this email account. Mii_chl [at] outlook.com
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
Mii

I like your perspective and your willingness to investigate with an open mind... But you mentioned some things... About the ideometer effect. For the unconscious mind to cause 'twitch' as the dowser walks over a place they know has water the dowser must know the property/area...I have seen individuals or used rods myself to find where the water pipes run on people's properties... I have also witnessed a man who would locate the best spot to drill a water well... On property he had never visited... I saw him do this on 3 occasions on 3 different properties.

From a scientific stand point I believe that the finding of water is based more on minute fluctuations in the earths magnetic field and as the dowser passes through them they cause the rods to react.

As far as Oujia boards being a child's toy... Your theory only works if the individual looking for the spirit to answer only questions they know the answer to is touching the planchette. What happens to your theory when that individual IS NOT touching the planchette?

I understand some things can be guessed by a shrewd individual... But I have seen some very 'ODD' things and I cannot discount that something 'paranormal' wasn't happening... (think literal translation of the word).

Respectfully,

Rook
mii_chl (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
if you would like to discuss this further, I just made an email account just for this page, it's mii_chl [at] outlook.com
mii_chl (10 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
[at] notjustme. I wish we could actually speak. But I suppose that the comment section shall have to work. I'll be checking this listing every day at 5pm mountain time.

To answer your question, I am a skeptic, but I do believe in the super natural. Experiences I have or have or not had are irrelevant. If I have had, or have any, I might choose to share them in the future. I am an atheist, and one of the reasons I do investigations is to try to reconcile my beliefs. Where do spirits come from? What are they? What is more, I think this is a real science. But for hundreds of years it was ruled by those like the fox sisters, who admitted they were fraudsters, or con artists like the warrens, who would prey upon the fears of people, telling them that if they didn't move, a ghost would kill them and their families, then buy the house for pennies on the dollar and flip it, then sell book rights, all on the fear of those who turned to them for help.
I do believe. But if there's a rational explanation, odds are, that is it. Why jump to the supernatural when it can be natural. This is the only approach that can be taken to undue the damage that has been cause by such charlatans and gain respect for this field as a legitimate science. What is more, if we throw out that which can be explained, that which we are left with is all the more impressive.

in cases like this, where there is a young girl who is scared for the life of her and her family, it's all the more prudent. This can leave deep and lasting psychological scars that can harm her and future generations of her family. It can affect future employment, relationship, both romantic and platonic, current work at school, and if it is a chemical imbalance, both the length and quality of her life.

So please, forgive me if I take this seriously, but I do. But maybe by doing it this way, we can help people like this young woman and this field of science. And maybe, just maybe, i'll find the answers i'm looking for.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
mii_chl- from what I gather in your posts, you are not a believer of the supernatural? Or you have not experienced it yourself?
mii_chl (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
i want you to know, i've been in the mental heal care field for 6 years. I have over 12 thousand hours experience in this. You have laid done a lot of information, and many true believers have told you some stuff that you will want to hear, especially involving ouija boards. Here's what i'm going to say, have fun with it. It's a children s toy. Here's how they work: it's an effect similar to that which occurs in dowsing, known as the ideomotor effect. This is a fancy name for involuntary/unconscious movement, such as a dowser's hand flicking enough to move his stick when he passes over an area he knows has water. The basic point is that your muscles can move without your consciously thinking, "move to the word YES." As the Skeptic''s Dictionary says, "suggestions can be made to the mind by others or by observations. Those suggestions can influence the mind and affect motor behavior. What is purely physiological, however, appears to some to be paranormal." In other words, if you believe this stuff and are trying to get the spirits to answer questions proving that they are all-knowing, and you ask a question that you already know the answer to (for example, "What's my father's name?"), odds are that your own hands will do the rest by spelling out your answer.

As for the voices, tell your doctor and tell your school psychologist. It sounds as if you are being raised in a very christian environment (brother selling his soul) and you could be falling pray to mental conditioning, mass hysteria (like talking in tongues at church), and may even be bi polar. Or schizophrenic. I'm doubting the latter very heavily. Also examine your diet. You'e a teenage girl, and most don't have the best diets. Chips. Pop. Burgers. Taco's. A high sodium and sugars, again chips and pop, or high mercury, burgers and taco's, can cause audio hallucinations, including ringing bells and voices.

I know this isn't as much fun as ghosts or demons, but if you're honestly scared, this could help you live a happier, fuller, fear free life. As for the children's toy, try an experiment. You know this board. It's one that you made. Try getting one you haven't seen, and I mean blind fold yourself before you see it. Have a friend there not touching you, and recording what you do. They guide you to the pointer, hit record and nothing more. They don't' even make a noise. I'd even recommend having them leave the room. And then watch the recording. Odds are, you'll get gibberish. If not, research the answers and go from there.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-16)
The power of suggestion is stronger than most people think. I sometimes "hear voices" then realize I just have a great sense of hearing and I'm merely picking up on a neighbor's television or computer, or a distant conversation between people. Also, sometimes, sounds echo in my head, but that's better compared to how we see random images whenever we close our eyes. In the absence of sound, our brains create sound. In the absence of visuals, our brains create visuals. And some people's brains will even create conversations in the absence of conversation. It doesn't mean you're crazy or that you're haunted. It just means that your brain is looking for some stimulation.

So I say ditch the Ouija board and stay away from anyone bartering with their soul. Good grief, that's not even remotely entertaining. That's downright scary, and dangerous!

Honestly, I feel as though you're hoping for something interesting like a haunting, but you're really only creating it in your mind. But if you keep dabbling in "magic" and such, that dream could become a reality, and in all likelihood you will not like the results.

It is possible you are sensitive to the spiritual world in certain ways and that's why you seek an outlet of some kind. I urge you to speak with an adult who is experienced in these matters, for enlightenment and perhaps training. The spirit world is not something to be trifled with.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-16)
Have you talked to your family about this? If you haven't it would be a good idea to do so. As they are close to you, they may have a clearer grasp of the situation and be able to help.
Your boyfriend and his brother sound like risky influences. It would probably be wise to avoid discussing the paranormal with them. Suggestion can color your perception of events, and when people are throwing around words like "demon" its natural to feel heightened awareness. Definitely try to keep conversations with them away from the paranormal.
Ouija boards...I'm not a fan. There is always a chance with using the board that we subconsciously move the planchette where we want it to go. I'm more inclined to consider EVPs an accurate means of communication. If you genuinely think communication is something you want to do, pick up a cheap voice recorder. Its more accurate than Ouija, less risky than Ouija, and it can better confirm or disprove a presence than Ouija.
And truly, please talk this over with your family.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-16)
First...NEVER...NEVER...NEVER use the board you created... Or any other for that matter... By yourself ever again. DON'T do it, it's a bad practice.

Second...the voices/seeing things from the corner of your eye are indications you are sensitive to the spirt world and there are two ways to approach this... Find someone who can help you train this ability or close yourself off so that it doesn't happen any more.

I like the way you worded your Board opening... And how you closed the session but I do have a question... Where were you or how did you prepare the space you were in that made it 'sacred'?

Boards are a TOOL much like Tarot Cards... If used properly by those who know how they can be very useful... But if not... Well look at the stories here on site... It almost always ends badly.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
lynrinth (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-16)
Simple. Quit while you're ahead. You never, NEVER, use a Ouija board. Unless you're absolutely sure you know what you're doing, and you don't. As to the voices, don't dwell on them, distract yourself with another activity. As fascinating as the supernatural as it is, unless you know someone who is experienced and knows what they're doing, don't dabble in something you're not sure of. Read about it, talk about it, but don't do things that you know could bring something to you that you can't get rid of. Now, maybe prayer, maybe a housecleansing, or someone who familiar with what you are going through from this site can help you. But please, for Pete's sake, don't do anything more that could make it worse. Good luck.
instant_crush (1 stories) (30 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-16)
the ouija board... Read so many ouija board stories on this site that it gives me the creeps...=/
Anyway, is the spirit troubling you in any way? Like physical touch stuff or something like that? If no, then I guess you got nothing to worry about. But if it's scaring you to live with a paranormal entity, then you can have your house cleansed, y'know? I hope you're getting my point. Stay safe and please don't use ouija board. =)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: