You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Silhouette, Scares The Life Out Of Me

Real Ghost Stories

Black Silhouette, Scares The Life Out Of Me

 

To start off with my names Lucie. I am 20 years old and live in the Black-Country (near Birmingham) in the UK.

I have always stopped at my best friend's house (her name is Lauren) from when I was 13 years old and for the first 5 years nothing bad, strange or weird happened. But when we turned 18 weird things started to happen which freaked me out. Things like her stereo would turn on or the lights of the stereo would flicker without it being plugged in. This didn't freak me out top bad but then it started getting regular and more intense such as a vase slowly slid along the fireplace, fell off and shattered on the ground. A couple of days after this happened. A statue of Buddha just started moving across a shelf but never getting pushed enough to fall on the ground. It happened with many different objects and at any time day or night.

I should mention my friend has a Yorkshire Terrier dog that started acting more aggressive when this happened and would immediately come to my lap and start growling when things happened and wouldn't let anyone near me, so he become like my little protector and he still is to this day. Then once we would go to bed with the dog and settle down, we would hear the stairs creaking and footsteps on the landing. Bear in mind there would only be one other person in the house and that's her mom who we hear snoring so we know it isn't her. The time would be anywhere between 1am and 3am. The dog would run out the room barking really aggressively like he's attacking someone. This would terrify me and I would just lay there, eyes closed forcing myself to say the Lord's Prayer and eventually I would go to sleep.

Recently it is getting worse to the point where I rarely stay at my friend's house as I always feel something watching me constantly. On this day in November nothing particularly scary or weird happened, just a few taps and an uneasy feeling but then around 2 am we went to bed again with the dog. We both fell asleep, the next thing I know the dog started barking really loud and it woke me up but I had my eyes closed because I was scared but I felt like something was in the room. I thought it was going to be her mom about to tell the dog off but what I saw terrified me. There was a black out silhouette of a man (I'm only going with the frame of a man as he was quite proud and tall). He was taller than me, so about 5 foot 9 or above, his face was directly facing me with glowing eyes. They were like a yellow-white glow. I was shaking so much that the bed was moving. Forcing my eyes closed, I eventually got to sleep.

Telling my friend in the morning, she just laughed and told me to shut up, but her mom was concerned because she said strange things only happen when I enter the house. Any time I am not there nothing happens which freaked me out a little and got me thinking why is it only when I stop...

After plucking up the courage to stay the night again, I'd say around 2 weeks, this was a bad mistake. Me and my friend went to bed around 2:30am and we fell straight asleep. However, it was 3:32 the dog woke me up barking and I just told him to shut up because I was sick of it. Then someone started laughing and said, "I'm right behind you." I thought it was my friend because I woke her up yelling (as she sleeps behind me and we always play each other up) so I started laughing and told her to "shut up" but then I heard her snoring so I thought "crap" and curled up into a ball and pretended to be asleep.

Then I felt something grab my ankles, which then began to drag me down the bed. I couldn't move, scream, yell, talk or open my eyes. I was petrified, the next thing I know was something was laying on my chest and something was over my throat, I wouldn't breath... I tried struggling, opening my eyes, screaming, everything! But nothing worked but a little squeak come out and I was able to open one eye. All I could see was a black mass, nothing else. It looked like a blob. After about 30 seconds it stopped and I was able to move.

I began saying the Lord's Prayer and was able to sleep after about an hour. Now whenever I stop there I say the Lord's Prayer every time I sleep just in case something happens again but thankfully it hasn't. Nothing has ever happened like this at my house. I always feel completely safe. I'm just concerned if something is out to hurt me or not.

Any opinions are welcome and I will try and get back to you ASAP...

This is all true. I haven't lied or exaggerated about anything, it's the God's honest truth.

The house is a council house and was just a plot of empty land before it was build.

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LucieRebecca, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-20)
Hello Rook, nice to see you again. It sure has been quiet with out you.

LucieRebecca,
Part of your story sounds like a scene from "The possession of Emily Rose."

I'm not discounting your story. I too remain on the fence foe now.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-20)
Sitting on the fence bus keys in hand...

I would like to know more about what's happening... Are there any details you may have left out?

Questions...

A Family pet that protects a visitor rather than the Family? Or is there more information here?

1am -3am...classic 'witching hour times... Do the events always happen then?

Textbook (nearly) SP symptoms... And it seems Saved by the Lords Prayer (which works I should know).

I'll say it again...I'm on the fence... Keys in hand.

Respectfully,

Rook
paranomscare54 (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-20)
its definitely a demon, keep praying for it to go away maybe its best you don't go to your friends house for a while, you definitely need to tell someone about this, maybe a strong religious priest, that sounds very dangerous of what has happened to you please be safe god bless.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-20)
Hi LucieRebecca, welcome to YGS.

Sounds very strange, especially that it only occurs when you are staying over. Obviously if you are feeling threatened / scared, just don't stay over until you work out what to do, or have your friend stay at yours.

The first thing I will say is the things slowly moving on the shelf. Is there a main road close by which could cause low vibrations causing these items to move?

It believed by some that animals have a 'sense' of when spirits / entities are close by, so it sounds like your friends dog is doing this, and almost acting as your little warning alarm at the same time. I would perhaps suggest having the house cleansed or blessed by a representative of yours / your friends religion. This is probably something I would consider doing sooner rather than later, especially if you intend to carry on staying over there, as it sounds like entity is becoming stronger, braver and starting to physically and verbally interact with you, which is a worry.

Please keep us updated, and thanks for posting 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: