You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: That One Strange Day

Real Ghost Stories

That One Strange Day

 

I'm 25, a single mother of two, Aliyah and Jesca. My oldest is Aliyah. I had her at the age of 19 which makes her 6 soon to be 7 in two more months. And the youngest is Jesca, she's two.

I didn't want to be disturbed that day, so I dropped my children off at my mother's house and came straight home. It was laundry day for me, so I gathered all the laundry in the house. I could feel something watching me, I had chills down my back. Something slipped out of Aliyah's pile of clothes. It startled me because I wasn't any where near the clothes pile. It was sort of like it moved by itself.

Now back to the story. I had picked the mysterious looking thing up and it was a drawing of some sort. It had a little girl in the picture with her mom who looked pregnant but she was crying. On the other side of the picture the baby's crib had "R.I.P" on it. I crumbled it up and threw it in the trash. It was brushed off my shoulders.

I picked up Aliyah and Jesca at 8:30. They looked so happy to be with me again. I smiled and gave a big hug to the both of them, my mother looked worried so I talked to her a bit.

She told me Aliyah had told her about this woman who's baby died while in her stomach, and how she killed her own daughter because she had to sacrifice the living in exchange for the dead. I was shocked, Aliyah was in the first grade! She shouldn't know vulgar words such as "killing". I told my mom I'd talk to her when we got home.

When we were home I saw Aliyah rush into her room, closing the door and I heard faint giggles. I picked up Jesca and put her into her crib letting her sleep.

I opened the door of Aliyah's room. I saw tears in her eyes... She told me that I'm going to have another baby. I looked at her terrified because no kid I've known has ever said anything this vivid.

Aliyah was right. Nine months later I had given birth to a baby boy. His precious face warmed me up every morning. The thing that puzzle's me is how could she have known I was pregnant before I even knew?

I brushed it off my shoulder since then.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ignitingmemories, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-22)
I'm not really sure as to what must've happened, but I think you should talk to Aliyah, as to how does she know about it. I'm not sure about the bond kind of thingy, it can be true if the other posters are so sure about it. You should probably ask her if she has an imaginable friend. I'm curious to know if you asked her about what she was doing when she rushed into her room and if you did, what was the response? I'm expecting to know from you soon.
-Shady.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-22)
What I'm wondering is what compelled you to crumple up the drawing and throw it away. Yes, it was creepy, but why did you not ask Aliyah about it later that evening? It may not be too late to ask, though. I just think having the drawing could be potentially useful in order to jog Aliyah's memory. She may remember even now. And hey, kids come up with all sorts of crazy stories, and I imagine she's made friends with other kids. I learned about all these fine things before first grade. Partly it was because my best friend's brother loved watching scary movies, and we'd watch them too. And I agree with Swimsinfire. It could just be that she's so closely bonded with you, it was easy for her to tell you were pregnant. 😊
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
Wow that is intense. But a lot of kids know when their mother is going to be pregnant. Seriously, it's a bond kind of thing. Does she ever talk about having a little "friend?"
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
There's no chance she watched any Game of Thrones is there? I'm absolutely not disbelieving your story, just curious, there's an episode where the story is all about sacrificing the living for the dead. Rule that out, jeeze, you've got me thoroughly creeped out.
Katfromthepast22 (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-20)
That is very strange. Do you have any relatives that have seemed to have powers like that? By powers I mean knowing things that they have no way of knowing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: