You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Seance With Friends

Real Ghost Stories

Seance With Friends

 

Two nights ago, I had a couple of friends over for a night of margaritas and music. Just a fun night with my girls. I have this friend Emily, who is a wild one, and she suggested we do a seance in my living room. I thought she was crazy, and didn't really feel like participating.

However, I fell under the peer pressure of my two friends and joined hands with both girls inside a circle of lit candles. Now, I do believe in spirits, so let me be clear about that. I've just never read up on seances or anything like that, as I find them to be more pagan than anything else, and to be quite honest I thought they were sort of a hoax. I'm still not entirely sure where I stand on that.

So my friend tells us to have an opened mind, and of course at this point I do, four margaritas in and little bit of pot on the side (I'm an easy drunk). We ask spirits to join us in the room. I jokingly ask Marilyn Monroe to enter the room, arguing that a famous person should have all the time in the world to do these kinds of things once they are deceased. But Emily argues MM is possibly a popular candidate for seances.

So, I ask my dead grandmother to join us. We carry on, asking the spirit to make contact with us in any way possible, give us a sign etc. And nothing. I think being as drunk as I was, the reason we stopped having our seance is because I drunkenly knocked over one of the candles, and remarked how the seance was a bit of a mood killer.

So it's been two days since then, and I've noticed some minor, yet strange things happening around me. It could just be because I'm tired, or CRAZY, but I doubt that. I've noticed dark shapes moving in the corner of my vision. It's happened on a few occasions, and each time it was very distracting.

Earlier today when I was in the living room (where we held our seance), I could hear the faint whispering of a female's voice. That also happened on another occasion yesterday when I was cooking in my kitchen. No one was home but me, and I live in the country, so it as unlikely my neighbours' who live far away from me. It was out of the ordinary to say the least.

Then, just past midnight, I was soaking in the hot tub outside, thinking to myself. I was in very deep thought when suddenly the blower jets in my hot tub turned on, scaring the crap out of me. My hot tub is on a 30 minute cycle where the jets do turn on automatically just so the water doesn't get stagnant, but it was already in the process of one of those cycles when this happened. The blower jets are different. It's like the jets that massage you. Anyway, it was really creepy, so I hopped out immediately, did some research on seances, and then came to post this.

I'm looking for feedback and opinions. It's only been two days, but I'm hoping these few things were either just my imagination playing tricks on me, or coincidence. Because in my opinion, we didn't do the seance properly (according to a few different websites), but then again, it isn't really a science is it?

Share thoughts please!

Brendan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brendanbueno, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jake141 (3 stories) (27 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-27)
I'm similar to most people here, it may be due to the health and setting that this occurred. We're not all saying your a druggy etc... We're just weighing out the possibility.
Demonology and the like is widely debatable subject which i'd love to join in a convosation about, but here is not the place. Yes people fear monger and try to scare people, yes its wrong, but is it necessarily untrue? Brendanbueno, if I where you, I wouldn't rule it out completely, just the same as some sort of spirit.
Im not part of a religion by any means, but the paranormal is apparent across many religions. If you are a religious person, say a prayer of protection when these things are happening, good spirit or not, you need to be safe.
Best of luck.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-26)
You know, it's probably sleep paralysis brought on by a demon. 😊 Just kidding. I agree with everyone here actually. Except the demon chaser. There are any number of spirits in this world, but perfect love casts out fear. I think that's in the bible somewhere, isn't it?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-26)
Hi brendanbueno, I think it is better to wait for some more days. Like others said, it could be that because of the seance, you have been overly suspicious. The bath tub might be due to malfunction. Still in order to be cautious, it is better to start a diary of events, note it down and until now, I don't think that there is anything serious happened to harm you in anyway. But be cautious and not be overly worried. Try to reason out the rational cause for the events that occur and I feel that because of the seance, you might have concluded that certain events could be paranormal. I don't say they were not. But, it is better to wait for some more days before coming to conclusions.

Val has already advised you where to look for the cleansing method. Thanks Val, else I would have advised the OP the same thing.

Keep posting of any further developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
basilisk193 (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
Thanks for reminding me. Really sorry, I kind of go a bit too far.
But I wrote that not really to argue about demonology, what I mean is that the entities are abundant everywhere and it's a demon or not depend on how you see it. It could be right that he hypnotize himself into seeing those things, the effect of drugs and alcohols can last for as long as 10 days but if it continues for a month or so, he might really have picked up several astral parasites.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
Basilisk, it might be an interesting conversation, but this page isn't the place to discuss it. The OP has asked for help, and it would be impolite to change the topic on brendanbueno's page. 😊
basilisk193 (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
I agree that the fear of demon is rather silly. But I kind of want to discuss this topic.
How many kind of demons do you think there are? In my religion, demons are simply extremely powerful ghosts that more or less forget they used to be human or wasn't human from the beginning (animal and elemental spirits). Everywhere there are life, there are ghosts and demons, but not something too frightening if you get to know their nature and origin.
Valkricry already suggested what I would.
JoQuack (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
Creepy but I agree with most here except TruthWillPrevail, who (and this is just my opinion) is being a bit of a fear monger.

I would probably take a look at Rook's page like Valkricry suggested, maybe you'll find something to help you? Although, since it hasn't caused you any harm and doesn't seem to be intentionally scaring you-I wouldn't be too worried. (Once again, just my opinion)
Googi (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
unseen things are always around you. I am Muslim so according to my religion I recite Ayat - ul - Qursi and it helps when I am feeling scared. I think you can do this as well. Find online the Roman English version of Ayat ul Qursi, I guess religion doesn't matter when it's something sacred. If you wish you can recite and feel better. It is indeed very powerful.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-23)
brendanbueno,
I'm going to weigh in with Miracles and BJJ here. Atmosphere/setting, your emotional and health status all figure into how we perceive things around us. It's possible the sΓ©ance woke a heightened awareness in you, and you're freaking yourself out. Less likely is you unwittingly invited something into your home, although it isn't impossible. Which ever the case may be the outcome is you're uncomfortable in your own home, and that isn't a good feeling.
If these things continue, try investigating and see if you can find a natural explanation: if there is a radio or TV on somewhere? A mechanical malfunction in the hot tub? You get the idea, I'm sure. Secondly, I'd advise keeping a journal. Just jot down the experience as detailed as you can. Include how you were feeling at the time. In this way you might see a pattern emerge or collect some clues as to what is really going on.
If a cleansing would make you feel better, by all means cleanse away. It certainly wouldn't hurt anything. Rookdygin has a very good one on his profile. Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155 Many on here have used it with great success.
Are you still experiencing things?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-23)
brendanbueno - after reading most of the comments, some of which I don't agree with because they differ from my beliefs.

Some nights when I sit here at my computer in the dark editing stories, I'll hear a noise and it freaks me out. Especially when it's a somewhat spooky story πŸ˜† I've even quit in the middle of a story before (shhhh...don't tell anyone πŸ˜‰) Now, if it was during the daytime, all is good because the setting is different.

It's actually very funny how the mind works 😊
Dianthus (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-23)
I think you should burn sage just to be sure maybe pray if you feel scared. A protection prayer might help you feel safer. I also wear the evil eye it protects you from everything bad (it is a Turkish superstition). You should read up on some ways to get spirits out of your house. If you can buy an evil eye where you live and put it near your living room or the entrance of your house, it might stop bad spirits entering your house.
Good Luck
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-23)
Seances, in my opinion, are group hypnosis at best, a silly waste of time at worst. And for the record, that's coming from a pagan...
Anyway, I think your seance did a very effective job of psyching you out. Ask yourself, and be honest, had the hot tub malfunctioned at any other time, would you assume paranormal influence, or mechanical malfunction? That could be a coincidence that only seems significant because of the timing. If you had heard the whispering sounds at any other time, would you have investigated to find the source? Same with the shadows. Those could have a natural explanation, they could've been happening all along and you only noticed because the seance made you more aware of your surroundings.
If a house cleansing would make you feel better, by all means do one. They certainly don't hurt.
Also, I have nothing against alcohol or marijuana, as long as no one is driving, but in the future try to keep in mind that drugs, alcohol, and the paranormal do not mix.
Evz (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-23)
I've certainly heard a few seance stories here and there, not always with a good ending, so to speak.
What you've done is made a free open invitation... And it sounds like you had a taker. Buyer beware.

Nectarvore has made some very useful suggestions, try them out - don't forget the useful salt trick and horse shoe for luck and to ward off bad spirits. If worst comes to worst, seek help. It can easily escalate and an exorcism could be in order.
Good luck.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-23)
I really don't think they are demons. Honestly, the fear mongering on this site around demonology is a bit silly. If the seance wasn't properly and correctly closed off then you could have some lower astral piggy backers hanging around. Check out Rooks space clearing ritual... Every single time someone's on here freaking out about an ouija board gone wrong experience, someone suggests that. Buy some white sage and smudge yourself and your home, do a visualisation of white light around yourself and house also. Look, I'm not Christian, but prayer is good, to whatever face you ascribe to spirit. It's good for anxiety. As these beings feed on fear, like a battery, don't let your fear get the better of you. Hope some more posters on here chime in to help, hopefully not Christians who are just going to scare you witless with misguided demonic mysticism. Also, be discerning asking for advice on the Internet. There's a lot of fruit cakes on this site. Bless.
TruthWillPrevail (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-22)
First you are not CRAZY and its not a coincedince

There are a lot of things you don't know about this world

Those are not ghosts and are not spirits

They are demons and yes they exist as I personally have many experience with them

Just don't do the candles scene thing because its one of most dangerous things I had experienced in my life

Ignore them and you should be fine

If things got worst and worst

Contact me

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: