You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: A Ouija Seance Brought On a Poltergeist

Real Ghost Stories

A Ouija Seance Brought On a Poltergeist

 

It all started a little after I turned twelve. My cousin, sister and I had a fascination with using the Ouija Board. We had been using the board for a short while, and every time we used it, the experience was a positive one.

One night, some family friends came over. I was telling my friend about how I used our Ouija board and how we were communicating with spirits and psychics. She was skeptical about it so I was on a mission to prove what me, my sister and cousin had seen. We went to my bedroom and proceeded to do a seance. We made contact with a spirit on first attempt and it was an angry one. It kept spelling out vulgar remarks and repeating that it was going to kill us.

We were both getting really creeped out so she went and got her cousin, who after a few minutes of panicked rambling, brought him into my room. We still had contact with the same entity as though we'd never stopped using the board. It kept repeating that it was going to kill us, and that we needed to leave the room. So "Mr. Gangsta" cousin started to argue with the spirit and antagonize it. He eventually got frustrated with the situation and we all left the room.

That night I remember ranting on about a ghost in my room to my mother, and she reassured me that it was an over active imagination.

A couple of months later we started experiencing poltergeist activity in the house. Doors opening and closing on their own, lights turning on in the middle of the night, particularly the one in the dinning room. This light switch is a turn style knob, so it takes a little more effort to turn it on, rather than just flipping the switch. The kitchen was a hotspot for activity. The cupboards and drawers would open on their own. Cups would fall out of the cabinets and break on the floor on the middle of the night on a frequent basis.

And of course, there is my bedroom. Every night I could hear a deep, heavy breathing, like a man slowly panting next to my bed. It would start quiet, get louder and louder and then stop completely. I would have to sleep buried under all of my blankets and pillows just to get to sleep. I would wake almost every morning with claw like scratches on my body. Objects in the house would be re-positioned, or moved from its original spot to a different room. We never saw this happen, but it was always confusing to walk into a room and think, how the hell did this get here?

We also were seeing shadows. It would walk down the hallway past the bedrooms, and through the kitchen. You'd catch it from the corner of your eye, or feel a cold gust pass by. On many occasions I would be sitting on the couch in the living room doing my homework and I would feel finger tips brush across my hand as I wrote. This would follow with the walls creaking, starting from one end of the house all the way to the opposite side. I used to fear this being entirely. Later as the years went by, I learned that my fear only gave it energy to manifest the disturbances in the household. It seemed particularly angry at me, though other members of the family experienced many of the same things as me.

I am now nearly 23, and have not lived in my parent's house for a couple of years. My mom still reports to me that there is activity in the house, and when I'm there for family gatherings, I feel the negative energy when it is nearby. It's a similar feeling to if you were about to be attacked be a wild animal or something. It seems under control now, but it likes to steal silverware. I have had countless encounters with this entity, but I guess those experiences count for another story. My husband, sister-in-law and I are planning an investigation soon. If anyone has any tips let me know. This is a first time attempt to capture something so any advice is welcome. Also, if we get any results I will be sure to post the findings!

Until then...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MrsSkeletor, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Boodabangbang11 (3 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-12)
I would find the ouiji board or purchase a new one. Connect with it and be sure to say goodbye this time. That's the mistake that was made when you used it the first time.
chip_14 (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
wow, if you still feel it I would get a preist in and bless the house, god bless xxxx ❤
SageWolf (10 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-12-30)
I got a Ouija board for my birthday two years ago. One night, just messing around I asked (mentally) it if it was evil and immediately the thing was on the answer yes. I freaked out and called my mom (I was 13 at the time). I moved the thing off the table and then made sure there were no strings or magnets. I placed the board on the table again and this time I asked verbally so my mother would know what I asked. Again, it swung to the yes. I didn't touch it for two months, no one did. The thing was in the kitchen under piles of stuff and we forgot about it and chalked up all the strings of injuries in the kitchen to our natural bad luck. We cleaned the kitchen and found it, I was told to put it in my room. For months it would randomly start glowing and I was having consistent nightmares. One night I woke to find it on the floor of my room in stead of the box I keep it in in the bottom of my closet under many heavy boxes. I checked my closet and saw no trace of disturbance so that day I broke my Ouija board and there were no more nightmares, but to this day I feel as if someone is always watching me.
Mergrrita (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
This story cought alou of my attention bcause of how you explained seeing the ghost out of the corner of our eye between the ages 7-13 j lived in a haunted house and the shadows in the corner of our eyes was thenonly way to explain it, however I never had negative energy from my ghost so good luck and god bless hope yoi settle the spirit
gothgirl (32 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
So evan after all this time he is still there... Kinda freaky
darkQueen (29 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
i agree with bossymiss. Just remember you have gods voice. God bless you!
lawboy386 (10 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
hmmm strange. Maybe sometime you or your mom should try to set up a video camera and leave for a few hours?
erin12 (10 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Pray and have your houses blessed. I would listen to whitebuffalo. He has tons of good advice. Keep lots of pics of Jesus and crosses and things, but never touch the ouiji board again.

I hope this helps ❤

--Erin
ninstar (2 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
I am MrsSkeletor's older sister, and I can contest to the events that went on after my sister's experience with the ouija board. Now that we are grown and no longer living in the house, the bad entity that seemed to manifest itself after the ouija experience seems to have become dormant, but I have no doubt that it has brought a bad omen on my entire family. I was really curious a while back and was overcome with a really strong overwhelming desire to try the ouija in the house again in an attempt to communicate with whatever it is to see if I could finally release it from the family. I have spoken to a few people about it and they strongly warned against any contact with the ouija board. Although this happened mainly to my sister, while growing up, I also experienced the breathing noises in my room (the room they held the ouija seance). I tried to locate where the sound was coming from, I searched my room because I thought it might be an animal or something, and there was nothing and no one there besides me and the breathing. I was so spooked I had to sleep with the hall lights and my tv turned on. After I learned from watching a tv show about hauntings that smudging the house with sage and throwing sea salt in the corners of the room helped ward off evil and spirits, the entity seemed to be in my room less. The house had activity in it before this experience with the ouija, but the activity experienced prior to the event was nothing malevolant at all. Some local groups have requested permission to do investigations, but my family feels that it is not worth it and the group probably won't find anything. I personally would have liked a sensitive/medium to at least walk through and tell me their feelings. 😉 And to you posters, don't be worried for our family, we are alright and have grown accustomed to the activity int he kitchen and other areas of the house.
mike8887 (3 stories) (23 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
I, by default, never believed that the oiuja board was associated with ghost occurrences, but I still would never mess with one. Too many people report contiguity between the board and funny occurrences. I'm starting to think it is real.
soiled_myself (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-03)
I am really worried about you and your family. This is nothing to play with and it will not just go away. Even if nothing has happened for a long time it can still come back at any time because in the spirit world time is meaningless. Pray and ask God to forgive you and don't use it anymore and ask god to protect you and your family. And ask him to not let it scare you anymore. Tell God you love him and thank him for everything everyday. Good luck and God bless you and your family...P.S. Don't try and capture evp's and video's and pictures and such... This is just another way to draw you in and make you open for more attacks.
Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Dear MrsSkeletor,

I advise that you should invite a paranormal investigations team to investigate the house's resident malevolent spirit. Do not bless the house, I repeat, do not bless the house. A blessing only enrgaes it while an exorcism gets rid of it. I advise that you take a look at this website and study its articles carefully. It could help.

Http://www.ncdemonology.org/Home_Page.php

Thank you for posting your frightening and terryfying story and sharing it with us. Your problem is in my prayers. God bless and take care. If you need further assistance, contact me, I am always happy to help.

Sincerely,

Francois
ghostluver1523 (22 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-01)
OK I have one tip for you and its to get that house blessed because it seams like you need it!
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-19)
I suggest getting profetional help. Like ghost hunters... And if you want to get a lil evidence. Put up camera's to try to catch it on camera and show em. Or try tape recorder's. If your doing tape recorder's, I suggest never being in the house alone. And bring holy water. And if someone is with you, make a circle of salt (or is it holy salt, ill have to look up on that...) never do anything rash. Maybe try to talk to it threw the ouija board again. Don't annoy it or argue with it. Show it NO fear. I also suggest having ALL harmfull object's out of the way. Glass's, KNIFES, plates, etc. Any thing that could harm you. But I do highly suggest getting REAL help. I wouldn't say bless the place... Doesn't usually work... Just try gettin profetional help that have experince with the paranormal.

~Gejro
KingSnow (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
Hey you should email me at KingSnow [at] msn.com
I have had several similar experiences that even ended one time with the involvement of the Warrens. Ed and Lorraine. They did the original ammityville case and wrote the Demonologist.
demonboy (8 stories) (38 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
Hey, interesting story, I have poltergeist activity in my room at night and day, published 1 story and please read my second on and when ever I'm on the computer I feel like someone is touching my hands and legs and poking my thy once in a while. A good thing to do when your trying to sleep is think about something you like, example I heard people running up the hallway and to my room and out and I closed my eyes and thought about fun stuff like fishing or whatever, thanks for sharing, good luck in the futre 😐
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-27)
Hello Mrs Skeletor,
The trouble with ouija boards seems to be (besides the usual problems I mean) that you do not get to choose who/what comes through. The entity may TELL us they are Granny Beth, but in actuality they could be something completely separate and dangerous. Where is our proof they are who they say they are? It is not as if they can show us an identification card, and even when they give us specifics (things that no one but Granny Beth may know) it is hard to trust their knowledge as they may be "borrowing" from dear ol' Granny.
It does look as if the seance was not ended, unless you just did not add that to the story. And if it were not ended properly, ramifications could follow. Which it sounds like they did. I am glad no one was seriously hurt, as it would appear this entity wanted you all to fear for your life.
Thank you for sharing this story, and may we all learn from it.
puppy_posses_me96 (14 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-05)
when you and if you do "investigate" remember to not stay in one place for to long unless you are going to contact the spirit(wich by the way would be kind of senceless, and stupid in SO many ways) I learned this the hard way. Now I may only be 11 but I have had lots of exp. With this type of crap... It gets scary and anoying after a while, but that's not the point! You DO NOT want to stay in the same place if you haven't been back there for awile if the spirit/energy recognizes you such as your room. The person who lives THERE right now probably is MISERABLE because the ghost more than likley thinks that they are you... I have given fair warning... And advice I suggest you follow it before you turn out like my friend... 😆 good luck...
Naomiatkinson (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
Hi MrsSkeletor

I'm from a television production in London and am doing preliminary research into real ghost experiences, yours sounds really interesting and I'd love to hear more.
My e-mail is naomi.atkinson [at] rawtelevision.co.uk.
It'd be great to hear from you,
Naomi.
MrsSkeletor (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-28)
JPing,
I was 12 when I used a Ouija Board. There were no instuctions on the "game" for avoiding "evil spirits..." It may have been foolish to keep communication with the angry spirit but how was I suppossed to know that something would actually happen. You live and you learn and that's what makes you a stonger person. I am pretty positive that there are others out there who have not properly closed the seance when using a Ouija.
JPing (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-27)
I'm no expert on such matters but I do know from common sense that it is a very foolish idea to communicate with an angry spirit. That's why they have a 'goodbye' on ouija boards.
bossymiss (1 stories) (30 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
if your mom wants to get rid of them the only anser is yell yell this YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE SO GO AWAY AND LEAVE MY LIFE ALONE. That's what you have to say comment on my story the four shadows nobody will bye ❤ 😊 😉
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
Dear MrsSkeletor,

Sounds like you already have had some fine comments and good advice you might wish to try.

You will find other helpful stories, comments, advice and articles on this site and sister sites as well. Research the subject as much as you can and be forearmed.

I would like to suggest finding a ritual with the use of holy water or getting in one who knows how to do a house cleansing and blessing. All of course based on your own belief system.

Ouija boards are to be respected and used in a respectful manner and best used as divination guides and tools for those who have experience, knowledge and are strong in their core of belief and awareness.--Abby
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
this is the perfect reason not to touch these thing I tryed it once and that's all it took. They are scary and can be very dangerous. You need to have that house exorcised. 😐
MrsSkeletor (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
Mustang,
I couldn't agree with you more! Ouija boards SHOULD NOT BE SOLD AS TOYS! Your comment also made me think of a story that my mother told me. When she was younger, she and a small group of friends were using a Ouija board in the basement of their friends' house, and it again as commonly claimed was saying scary things, and the planchett (pointer) started spinning. All the girls got scared and went running up the stairs, and my mom claims that the door to the basemnt literally came off the hinges and fell on them while they were on the stairs! It make me wonder why she even let us touch a ouija after that experience! Crazy Lady 😆
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
Wow! What a story. I remember when I was about fifteen and my best friend, her mother and I used the Ouija board. My friend's mother wanted to ask it some questions and I volunteered to do it with her. When she asked the Ouija board about her marriage it just kind of rambled words that didn't really make since and then started spelling out bad words and then spelling out the word M-U-R-D-E-R! Well, I'll tell you that was the end of that for me. My friend's mother and her husband got a divorce eventually and she remarried and is still with him and no one was murdered.

You know, it kind of upsets me thinking about this now because after that happened with the board, my best friend's mother told us about when she played the Ouija board with her sister a long time ago and it started cursing at them and then the rocking chair in the other room started rocking by itself. They through the Ouija board out into the trash(outside). The next day the Ouija board was sitting on the "Welcome" mat. Freaky! I've never touched one since that day. It amazes me that they sell this so-called "toys" at the toy store. Obviously it is NOT A TOY! It's no wonder why there are so many ghosts, spirits, poltergeists, etc. In our world, there are people, many people, children who do not understand what they are doing when they use this Ouija board. Well, good luck with your endeavors! ❤Shelby
MrsSkeletor (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
Hello to all and thank you for your advice! I can tell you all that since that incident I have never touched another Ouija board. I was really young when I last used one, and at that time I had no idea that the board was not just a silly game for spooks. If I had known the proper way to use one, I for surely would have done so. My family has smudged the house with sage routinely over the years(beginig of every season) and my sister calimed that putting sea salt in the corners of the rooms seemed to help as well. My mom never actually told me what she had done with the board. I remember asking about it and she just said that she took care of it and that was that. We have a new dog in the house and the entity seems intimidated by him. The dog barks and growls at it anytime it tries to play in the kitchen. The remaining family members that still live in the house don't feel threatened by it anymore. Though they still see much activity in the kitchen. It makes me question what is so signifigant about the kitchen to this spirit?

Anyway, we did go through with the investigation last saturday, and surprisingly we came up empty handed! (besides a few bumping noises and the sound of a door knob turning when nobody was in the room) One of the people we had investigating with us was an outsider of the family and a huge skeptic so I believe his energy threw things off for us.
Thanks for listening!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
Another troubled ending for a ouijia board. I would certainly review Shanes suggestions to try to close this off. Who knows what could have and may enter through the open portal.

Never a ouijia board, never, never. I have never heard of a happy ending involving one.

You may try placing at least one cross in each of the rooms, pray, pray pray. Pray outloud. Take the fear and anxiety back, tell 'it/them' to leave in the name of the Lord. Read passages from a Bible aloud with conviction, if this follow within your belief system.

Please, do not leave this open. Even if for some reason your family moves on, there will be other persons living in the home or on the land. Don't leave it for them, please.

Believe me, these suggestions come from having done the WRONG thing with a ouijia board and living with the outcome.

I will pray for your family.

God Bless!
Elephant (3 stories) (4 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
Hi,
This is a really good story. However, I would not touch a ouija board with a barge pole and have never considered using one. They can be dangerous in the wrong hands. It's like leaving your front door open, so anyone can wander in. They might be nice or they might be nasty. You can never tell. I really hope that you are able to sort this out. Best of luck!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
wow nice story. I hope you do catch something but I would wanty to be in your shoes. If you do get anything let us know. See you soon and take care

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: