You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: A Seance And A Warning

Real Ghost Stories

A Seance And A Warning

 

A couple months back, I had my first experience with the paranormal. My roommate Jordan and I were bored one night, and decided to have a séance in my room. I thought it would be cool since I had never taken part in such things, but had always been interested. We arranged lit candles in a circle around us, killed the lights, and joined hands. We decided to call upon the German philosopher, Martin Heidegger. Now I'm not sure if that's the one who showed up, but someone did.

We both felt a presence in the room and when we asked the spirit to make itself known, we heard a faint rapping. We asked the spirit a few yes or no questions and he or she responded by rapping once for yes and twice for no.

It got more interesting after we finished the séance. First, I heard the sound of glass shattering. Jordan swears she didn't hear it even though she was in the same room only a few feet away from me. Nothing had been broken either. I also heard a disembodied voice call my name, my roommate didn't hear this either. Later on, as I was trying to fall asleep, I felt someone physically breathing into my left ear, despite the fact that there was no one there. The unexplained activity stopped after that night and there has been no sign of the spirit since then.

However, later on that week, I got in a car wreck. I was making a left turn and got t-boned. Over the couple weeks or so, I got to thinking that the spirit was trying to warn me about the wreck. There are a couple of things that have led me to believe this. The first reason is that the sound of glass breaking that I heard sounded exactly like the sound of the collision. The other reason is the breathing in my left ear that I felt. After the accident, I had ringing in my left ear for a few minutes.

Could the spirit we contacted have been trying to give me the heads-up that I was going to get in an accident in a few days? I'd like to hear what you folks would have to say.

All comments are welcome.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jake_Da_Snake, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

crs1331 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
You were warned by shattering glass and what you felt like someone breathing in your ear. The breathing could be an attempt of communication. Luckily this is not a sign of an evil spirit if they were warning you of an up coming accident.

Did you feel the presents of familiarity during the séance? The signs were meant for you since your friend did not hear these things.

With this said a family member that has passed most likely contacted you and since the activity stopped they felt that they had warned you to the best of their ability.

Also when a family member is able to get through there are certain smells like a perfume or cologne that they wore in life, or a feeling that the spirit is familiar in some way.

You guys were lucky that this blocked anything evil from getting through the Ouija board or séance. You most likely had a very protective family member come through.


This is why you must be careful with séances and Ouija boards because demons are terribly attracted to these things and it is an open door to them. All they want to do is live and they will go to whatever means possible to possess their intended victim.
Sahibsingh (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
Ya...
I too got ouija board epxperience and I too like ouija board so much as they reply us with a answer which sometimes seem to be right
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Hmmm...I think I'll stick with my holy water filled super-soaker...That way if I accidently shoot somebody it won't cause any injury, except to their pride 😆 😆 😆
Samwinchesterhunter (2 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Jake- You got lucky, my friend. Unfortunately, you may have released other things as well. Oija boards NEVER end well. I would be careful, in case you piss off a bad one. They do have the ability to kill. Keep some salt handy. If anything goes down, make a salt circle and get inside it. They can't cross it. Iron helps too. Get an iron fire poker. Also, get a shotgun and fill the shells with rock salt. If you accidentally shoot the living with it, don't worry. It won't kill them, but it'll hurt like hell. Rock salt temporarily disperses the ghost. Good luck and may God be with you.
intrigued09 (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-30)
I havn't read any of the comments which have been added so I'm sorry if I'm repeating anything but seances can be dangerous if neccesary cautions aren't taken. Considering you said you and your friend just decided to do it I'm guessing that you didn't know a lot about it. Once you had finished do you attempt in any way to say goodbye to the visiting spirit or get it to leave?

I may not get a reply as its been about 2 years since this was posted but thought id try anyway.
StephenOsborne (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-03)
I'm compiling a book of Illinois ghost stories and would be interested in getting more information of your experience. If interested, please contact me at leftyIN [at] yahoo.com. Thanks!
Supernaturalover (13 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-30)
Im glad you were not hurt and I believe that was a good spirit. But PLEASE don't ever try that again. It could be a bad spirit and you might not be so lucky next time...
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
good story and I'm glad you werent hurt in this accident I definitley think it was a warning which is nice but you must have let this ghost out permanently I'm no expert on this stuff but I have read enough of these stories to know that these sessions if not closed properly can lead to good AND bad spirits lingering, id defs love to hear an update on you and your roomates experiences 😁
Bloodmoondream (16 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
Lucky for you it wasn't a negative spirit or a DEMON! Seances should be performed by only the experienced! Here's some tips for you:

Never do what it tells you to do. It can lead you somewhere bad

Ask if it believes that "Jesus Christ is a personal savior" If it says no, close the dang seance!

If stuff starts to get thrown or moved, close the seance and hire a priest or an exorcist.

If you hear growling as a response, close the seance.

If scratches start to appear on you, close the seance and do a house cleansing.

Please be careful when dealing with the spiritual world. And P.S. In case your wondering, comenters, witches are NOT evil! I should know, cause I study this stuff and have practice the craft. Its a worship of nature. You would be surprised of how close to Christianity it is.

Sincerely, The Blood Moon Dream
bigbrowneyedgirl9 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
god bless you, I hope it goes away god bless you god bless you. ❤ ❤ ❤
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
You might possibly have a demon lingering around. That is probably the only type of spirit that is conjured up when you have a seance. Those spirits are just looking for an opportunity to be conjured up. Seek the LORD concerning this. Pray and ask GOD to forgive you for participating in this and ask HIM to undo what you did for JESUS sake. I know that you probably did what you did not fully knowing the consequences, but you don't play with spirits like this because they don't play around. I also suggest fasting along with praying, because it shows GOD that you are serious, and serious is one thing you need to be. Don't put this off because the sooner you are rid of that (or those) spirit (s), the better. Be diligent--you can get rid of this spirit if you really want to. Come to GOD in a humble way because "HE resisteth the proud, but giveth grace to the humble"--HIS hearing and answering your prayer is based on grace through JESUS CHRIST HIS SON... May the grace of GOD be with you,~Mike
Jake_Da_Snake (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
Ok, time for a little update. It's looking like I was wrong, when I said that the spirit never came back. A few weeks ago, my roommate was in the bathroom and she says that the lights in there were flickering. In my room, where we had the seance, I feel like someone was watching me. And about a week ago, there was a strange knocking on my walls. Now I'm not by any means panicked by this, but I would like to know what's going on. I would appreciate it if anyone here has any advice for me, what's in my apartment, how to deal with it, etc.
laylow13 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-23)
oh. Wow. Maybe, some ghosts like to help others 😁 maybe, They left the thought in your head that you wanted to use the ouija board so it could have gave you clues that you were going to get in a collision...
Preeti (100 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
i think this contact with spirits is getting more and more which is so dangerous maybe that spirit is stick to you... Try to get rid of it just say GO IN LIGHT IN THE NAME OF JESUS AND NEVER COME BACK... Maybe this could help

GOD bless you ❤
Jake_Da_Snake (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
Robertar- Those are some good questions. To answer your first question, I'd guess that the spirit tried its best to warn me, but couldn't get through whatever barriers to communicate directly with me. As for your second question, I've thought the same thing. But the spirit never revealed itself again after the night of the seance, so it doesn't make sense to me that it would be taunting me before it happened.

Nordic- I'd have to ask my roommate why she picked Heidegger. She was the one that made that call. I've never read Being and Nothingness, but I believe my roommate might have.
Nordic (44 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
Ahhh, Heidegger: We must distinguish beings from their being. Is this what prompted you to go for Heidegger? Sartre, as an existentialist, might also have been a very interesting option. Ever read Being and Nothingness? 😉
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
it is an intersting theory, but it presents a few questions:

If the spirit knew about the accident, why warn you since it also knew you wouldn't have realized and still gotten into the accident.

Isn't it also possible the spirit helped cause the accident and was only rubbing it in?
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
It is dangerous to contact spirits no matter what method you use. The bible forbids it. The accident might have been a result of the seance. Every day people do things to bring trouble upon them without even knowing it, so please be careful what you do. The only spirit that is safe to contact is GOD. You can contact HIM through HIS SON JESUS, and you don't need a seance to do that. JESUS can undo your mistakes if HE choses to. Seeking HIM is good for your health.Also,don't use those board games to congure up spirits. This is a friendly warning--the rest is up to you. GOD Bless
Jake_Da_Snake (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
We just randomly decided to have a seance. It was kind of a spur of the moment deal. My friend was the one that decided to contact Heidegger. She's real into philosophy so she picked a philosopher to contact. But, like I said, I've got no way of knowing if it was him we contacted.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
hmmm

If you don't mind me asking, what prompted this seance? Had you and your friend discussed it before? Or just randomly decided to try to contact Martin Heidegger?

And I guess out of curiosity: why him? No offense or anything. His philosophy has been analyzed by Foucault (whom I find interesting) but his participation in the the Nazi party is a little frown worthy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: