You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Haunting At The Hospital

Real Ghost Stories

A Haunting At The Hospital

 

I never actually believed in ghosts, maybe because I have never had any experience, but this incident has changed my whole perspective of the paranormal.

This experience is not mine, its my mother's. She works as a nurse in a hospital in Nerul. The day this incident happened to her, she had to do an evening shift and the day after that she had a morning shift. During such consecutive shifts, my mom prefers to stay at the hospital in her room along with her colleague rather than return home at night and again head back to work in the morning.

On that day during her evening shift, she started running a fever and by the time her shift was over i.e. At 11pm she was really sick. So she just informed a fellow doctor about her fever and after a quick prayer (she's very spiritual) quickly went off to sleep in her room. Her roommate was on a night shift, so she was alone in her room. Anyway she quickly dozed off to sleep. It was about 2 in the morning when she heard the door of her room open. She was surprised because she never sleeps with the door open but she thought maybe she had forgotten to latch the door as she was very tired and sick. She saw someone dressed in a white coat, he had a stethoscope around his neck. She thought he might be a doctor who is on night rounds and came to check on her since she had informed earlier that she was sick. Suddenly she felt unusually cold in her room as if someone had switched on the A.C. As the man approached her she noticed that with every step he took towards her, his face started to change. And what followed was even more strange, his face took the form of every single person she had met in her life (including me and my family).

She was petrified. She couldn't utter a word forget screaming. My mom tried to be rational and thought she was hallucinating under the influence of fever. She blinked a few times and then looked at the figure. This time she noticed that he had a handsome but unfamiliar face and was standing right next to her by the bed. He did not speak to her or ask her any questions. He just reached out his hand and started checking her neck for temperature. By this time she was convinced that he was a doctor and nothing else. She noticed something quite odd though, as soon as he placed his hand on her neck, she noticed that his hands were very cold. When it got unbearable she tried to get rid of his hand but to her surprise, he reached out his other hand and started choking her.

My mom was terrorized by this and when she looked up to his face, it once again started taking shape of all her loved ones. She wanted to scream at that moment but she couldn't even manage a whisper. That's when she realized that she had a rosary in her bag, close to her bed (luckily). She quickly reached out for it and as soon as she held it in her hand that creature, whatever it was, just gave out a howl and vanished into thin air. My mom quickly got out of the room taking the rosary with her.

She fled to her friends room and after catching her breath she told her everything. She was also startled on hearing this and said that she had had similar experiences in the hospital like the lights going on and off on their own at night and sounds coming from a closed room, etc. Anyway for the rest of the night she stayed with her and returned home in the morning after applying for a leave.

When she came home she tried to act normal and told my dad she wasn't feeling well. She seemed quite worried about something. When I asked her what was it she was reluctant at first because she did not want to scare me but I insisted and she shared her experience with me. I was shocked to hear that such a terrible thing happened to her since she was such a spiritual person.

Mom still works at that hospital but she never leaves home without her rosary. I believe it was a very frightening experience for my mother and also for me. I definitely don't want to go to that hospital anytime in my life.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-21)
Dear Yash,
What ingenuity! Awesome 😆
Yet, the rosary is prayer beads for Roman Catholic Christians.
Something like 'jap mala' if you are familiar with it in Hindi 😊

Regards (if you come back and read it 😉)
yash (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-21)
I guess Rosary is most probably the divine rose water.
#Saumil1995 😕
Saumil1995 (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-17)
That was a really creepy experience! I'm sorry I would just like to ask what is a rosary?
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
What a strange expierience. And other people had similar expieriences? I think there's personal protection prayers in every tradition. I can never remember them so I visualize a gold light a lot, and that works. Good story.
rajeshwari (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
whoa I am going to be a doctor myself and realy wanted to work in mumbai. Would you please mention the name of hospital
INluvwidGHOSTS (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
gosh! That is too scary especially the ghost changing its face so often. Generally hospitals are considered as haunted places as it has experienced lot of unnatural deaths hence I would never dare to spend a night in such hospitals. Wondering how your mother gathered so much courage to grab the rosary, with the ghost facing her!
Naughtyb0i (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Scar: Scary story might have been a pair of ghost one being a doppelganger (tricksters,the changing faces) & the other a poltergeist dangerous the kind that cause harm.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Hospitals can be a hotbed for hauntings as they witness a lot of pain, frustration, etc. Which are basically negative feelings and negativity breeds evil spirits. Maybe this was some sort of unhappy spirit that was lingering around in the premises. Did your mom try to investigate if there was some unpleasant episode in the hospital in the past? Some investigation might give you some leads on this matter.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
sorry to comment again but Is this Nerul which is near to Karjat? 😕
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
hi, Its a very scary. I live near nerul. In which area the hospital is located?
MitoTakatori (49 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
It's really scary! I never really liked hospitals. Neither do I like being in one.
instant_crush (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-06)
OMG! That scared the heck outta me! Which hospital did your ma work in? And was it in nerul east or nerul west?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: