You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Friendly Ghosts At The Hospital

Real Ghost Stories

Friendly Ghosts At The Hospital

 

In the year 2000, I encountered Chicken skin experiences. I was a Secretary in the Employee Health Department at The Queen's Medical Center in Honolulu.

One day I had to retrieve a former employee record which is in storage on Tower 6th floor of the main hospital. The records are stored in boxes. Upon opening the box, I heard boxes shuffling and I asked is anyone there? The shuffling stopped.

When I walked toward the elevator after locking the storage door, I felt like someone following me to the elevator. Upon entering the elevator, I pressed the #1 button for first floor. Suddenly as the elevator door was closing, it was held back to open. Then I saw this huge, tall, bluish human figure enter and press the # 5 button! I put my head down and it became so very "Cold" and smelled of Moth balls.

The elevator door opened on the 5th floor & I saw this bluish human figure exit. My hairs on my head and arms stood up.

When I reached to the 1st level and the elevator door opened, this Mail room employee saw my eyes wide open. I grabbed him and he said you saw it too huh? My face was white like a ghost & clammy hands he said to me. He told to Calm down & he walked me down to my office. My colleagues asked me what happened Pat? You look like you saw a ghost! The Queen's Medical Center is built on a Hawaiian graveyard. That was a friendly Hawaiian Warrior ghost. No harm to me done.

The following day while walking to my office in the morning, a pure white dove approached me within eye level & flapping its wings with piercing golden eyes in slow motion. I was awe struck & put my both arms up to protect my face. It suddenly flew away. Employee's witnessed my motions of holding my arms up & did not see the white dove flapping before my face. They say we believe you Pat!

Thereafter, I walked up to the 3rd floor to a break room before heading down to my office. I sat down in a chair to read the local newspaper. Someone passed the break room so I stood up to see who it was. I seen a half human white figure moving towards the opposite end of the floor. It suddenly disappeared. I rushed myself out of the break room when the rocking chair started to move back & forth with no one sitting on. I could feel my hairs standing up! I heard from what I encountered in the break room, that Registered nurses lived in that building when it was a Nursing quarters called Harkness building. Nurses died during their residence there.

Ever since all my Ghostly experiences there at the hospital, I never had any encounter's thereafter.

Other hauntings by Da7swima

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Da7swima, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Linjahaha (22 stories) (109 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-03-29)
I, too, about 8 years ago, worked in a hospital in Cleveland, Ohio. I'm not mentioning the name of it. There are several in Cleveland, & I don't think they'd appreciate me mentioning the name of the hospital. Might be bad for business, lol!
I worked in the Radiology department for almost 20 years. During that time I heard stories about a ghost in the basement x-ray file room. That was where we stored the older x-ray folders. When they got over 5 years old they were moved to the sub-basement file room. After that they went to a special warehouse for storage.
We still had hard copies of films before we went digital about 4 years years after I started.
I went to the basement file room to pull a basket full of patient film folders for upcoming surgery cases. While I was pulling the folders I was within eye-shot of the desk, computer, & office chair that was right next to a dumb-waiter that we used to send the folders up on. Out of the corner of my eye I heard someone come in. I looked up, & very briefly saw a man with dark hair about 35 years old. He was wearing a white shirt, black pants, & a long white lab-coat with a stethoscope around his neck. I was about to tell him I'd help him in a minute when, right before my eyes, he vanished. He had his hand on the back of the office chair that was in front of the desk area, & I saw the chair spinning around. I know what I saw, but I did not feel frightened by it. I got the impression that he used to work there, & was just curious as to what I was doing.
Possibly, what you saw 'was' a warrior or a former employee just repeating a routine that they were accustomed to. I would delve further into the history of the structure if you wish to learn more. Be respectful of them. After all, they were once in the physical body like we are, too!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-10-11)
The_Lost_Voyage has said it to perfection:
"it seems strange to me that a ghost that existed in life long before the modern day invention of elevators would know how to operate one,"

Hello again Da7.

According to Wikipedia, the Queen's Hospital is built on a "site picked in 1860 was an area called Manamana owned by Caesar Kapaʻakea, patriarch of the House of Kalākaua."

No word if the site was donated or sold by the patriarch, or if it was taken by force and after a bloody battle and then built over the remains of the warriors.

Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Queen%27s_Medical_Center

Besides, when it first was built, it wasn't the humungous structure of nowadays, but a smaller three storied building that has been growing since then, like showed by the pictures on the following link:

Http://imagesofoldhawaii.com/queens-hospital/

Did your co-workers said if they always saw the apparition going from the sixth to the fifth floor?
Was he dressed like a warrior?
Is this tower part of the original hospital or was it built afterward?

Another possibility could be that the man was a warrior (not necessarily a practicing one, but by lineage) AND worked for the hospital at some point of his life.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+5
2 years ago (2021-10-10)
Hello Da7swima, and thanks for sharing your experience! Quite harrowing being confined in an elevator with an otherwordly being with no where to go. I am intrigued by that encounter in particular, you say you are sure it was the spirit of a warrior? I'm not trying to shed doubt on your experience by any means as you were the one that was actually there, but it seems strange to me that a ghost that existed in life long before the modern day invention of elevators would know how to operate one, especially in light of the fact most ghosts repeat the actions they had in life, in essence going about their daily activities as if they are not dead? By the way what was on the 5th floor where the ghost departed the elevator? Still and all a chilling encounter to say the least!
TheSweetDevil23 (6 stories) (49 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-10-10)
Another amazing experience. This site never fails to surprise me. After reading so many different stories especially the ones which seem actually relatable and more real, I now really believe that there are some things still beyond our comprehension levels.
I still now pray to god that I never get to see a full form appearance of a spirit infront of me. To see a entity like that in such proximity inside an elevator...OHMYGOD! 😳 I just now realised you were with that presence until it went to 5th level. I would have closed my eyes and just prayed to god... To materialise in a total form like that, I always wonder if there are different other factors behind it. I always believed that spirits only materialise totally in such forms when they take energy from its surroundings. Can someone enlighten me on this topic if someone knows anything about spirits taking such solid forms and shapes?
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2021-10-09)
Hi Da7swima
You have experienced some amazing incidents, scary but amazing, hospitals generally have a lot of ghostly activity but add a old burial ground that the hospital is built on in the mix and one would definitely encounter more than their fair share of supernatural experiences.
Da7swima (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2021-10-09)
Scary-Annabelle, since those encounters I have never seen anything thereafter. It was a chicken skin experiences. I never believe what friends tell me that they see ghosts until it happens to you!

Lady-Glow, that white figure was top half.
The Medical Center is built on a Hawaiian graveyard in 1859. There were Warriors then. What I saw was indeed a Hawaiian warrior & NOT a former employee.
Scary_Annabelle (1 stories) (8 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-10-08)
Do you witnessed anything after these types of Incidents? Quite Scary Indeed...
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+5
2 years ago (2021-10-06)
I remember watching a series on youtube regarding the paranormal events and happenings in Hawaii and I was just taken aback by the number of legit paranormal activities and I'm guessing your experience is just one of them.

Thanks for sharing!

-z
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+5
2 years ago (2021-10-06)
Welcome to YGS.

Hospitals are bound to store many of the strong emotions of the people living in there, either for a short period or in more regular basis. Add to this the history of the place, and it is understandable to have some resident ghosts.

From my perspective, the ghost in the elevator seems to be the spirit of a former worker following his daily routine, and not the one from a warrior. Still, it was an unnerving encounter.

"a half human white figure moving towards the opposite end of the floor."

Was it the upper or the lower half or the person? Or, perhaps, the left or the right side of a body? (just kidding!)

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: