You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Hospital

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Hospital

 

Dear readers, I'm back after 3 years and today I'm going to narrate a creepy experience that occured to my cousin (let's call her Z) and her colleague.

To start, you guys should know that I live in Mauritius and there are many places here which are haunted. It's been a long time since she told me about that incident, so it may be possible that I forget some details, so I will try to be brief.

My cousin Z is a nurse and at that time, she just got a job at a big hospital (I won't mention the name of the hospital). It was her first week working there and she was doing the nightshift. It was about 1 a.m. And she was on the third floor with her colleague when they heard screams, as if someone was in extreme pain.

The voice became louder and louder and based on what she told me, it was the voice of a little girl in pain. They checked every room and there was no little girl (most of the rooms were empty) and the voice lead them at the end of a corridor, and there was only one room left, and the voice seemed to come out of that room.

As soon as they opened the door, the screams stopped, there was complete silence and the room was EMPTY. At that moment, she got shivers and felt that there was some kind of malevolent presence. They ran downstairs and told the other nurses who were also doing night shift of what had happened. But to their surprise, the nurses reacted in a rather positive way and told them that such things do happen in this hospital (they also hear it from time to time) but the best thing to do is avoid it. Til that day, when my cousin has night shift, she always stays on the ground floor.

Another incident that happened to her in that particular hospital is that one day, when she had finished doing her shift, she went to take a bath before going home (bathrooms for employees were on the second floor) and she heard someone knocking on the bathroom door. She asked who is it and she heard her colleague's voice calling out for her. But on that day, her colleague was off and DID NOT GO TO WORK.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Irshaad96, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-22)
My now estranged father was a Dr before he retired and as a result I was often wished off on nurse's stations or told to wait and behave myself in unused exam rooms. For as much time as I spent in hospitals during those years, I am surprised that I never experienced anything. However, these days I have a distinct phobia of hospitals so perhaps I did have an experience and just don't remember!
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-20)
Hi Irshaad96 -

Those are some creepy anecdotes! Hospitals freak me out, maybe because I use to have recurring dreams of me walking through a long, empty hospital hallway. I remember that in the dream I was really scared and was never able to find the way out.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: