You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Holiday Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

Holiday Encounter

 

Three years ago whilst on a family holiday in Spain I believe I had my first paranormal experience.

We had rented a home for the week we were staying in Spain. The house was amazing, the front room was just the right size, not too big but not too small either, it had a homely feel to it. The rooms were situated just off of the front room. The first room you came to was my room, second my parents, and third room my two older brothers shared.

Anyway, the first time I found myself feeling uneasy in the house was the second evening when I had just gotten out of the shower and was sat at the end of my bed blow-drying my hair and all of a sudden I had this horrible sense of being watched. I jumped up off of the bed and turned my hair dryer off and just stood by my bed for a few seconds to settle myself. After a few minutes, I tossed my hair over and continued to blow-dry my hair and as soon as I turned my hair dryer on I heard a huge bang. I looked up and my bedroom door was wide open (I had closed it as I had just got out of the shower and didn't want to be seen getting ready).

I ran out the door to my mum who was sunbathing outside on the patio and screamed, "Why would you do that, you scared the life out of me!?" She simply looked at me as if I was mental and replied with, "What on earth are you talking about!?" Long story short she blamed it on the wind (we were in Spain in September and there was no strong winds).

Later that night I was the first one to go to bed as I had been suffering from a bad migraine all day. I remember waking up and looking out the my bedroom door to the sitting room and seeing that everyone had gone to bed, it must had been about 11pm. I remember noticing the hallway light was still on so I sat up and as I went to stand up, I felt an enormous amount of pressure pushing down on the tops of my shoulders, enough pressure that I was unable to stand. I felt as if I was being held down by someone or something and along with the feeling of being held down, I felt and unnervely amount of fear.

I am aware of sleep paralysis as I have experienced this in the past, but this time I was definitely awake and had managed to sit myself up.

I would just like to know if anyone else has experienced anything like this and if anyone has any explanations...?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KEELYC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bizzle90 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-20)
Hello,

This is quite a terryfying experience. I'm Surprised also as you mentioned that the house had a homely feel to it. My only question really is have you had any more experiences after returning home I mean the same as what happened to you at in Spain. If not great at that means whatever it was hasnt followed you back. If so I would seek help pretty quick as this does seem like a malevolent presence. Sorry I can't be anymore help.
rajasdeshpande (3 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-04-17)
that really freaked me out. I think that dogs are a very big support in any such case. They come to know when ghosts are near you and a loyal dog would definitely protect you in such a case. Moreover, ghosts are quite afraid of dogs.
So I recommend you to get a dog if you ever experience a thing like this again
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
ghostluver69 - if you can't be more polite when you make a comment, then don't. Comments like the one you made don't last long.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: