You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Lady In Town

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady In Town

 

I think it's time to upload my second experience, so here goes it. If you read my previous story, I mentioned a second ghostly experience in the city of Glasgow, I highly recommend reading that one first as it gives a bit more of a prologue on me, where I live and my outlook on the paranormal and so on, but this story should be relatively short in comparison.

Anyway, let's just cut to the chase.

So, it was late summer 2011, I made a substantial amount of money from my 18th birthday and decided to go to town to get a new guitar (Town is what we refer to Glasgow as.)

I walk down Buchanan street just like any other day, about half way down, I came across one of those people who pretend to be a statue for spare change (no offence to them, but I'm not sure if they actually have a name), there was a girl standing who said "I hate those things." Because there were a lot of pigeons as well, I said "The pigeons or statue guy?" She said the statue.

She looked pretty usual, jeans, a pink waist coat, the most distinctive thing about her was a strong smell of strawberry, she told me she was heading to Central Station, as it was the same way I was going, we went together making some small talk.

Once we got to the bottom of Buchanan street, we literally had to go in opposite directions, but she insisted on walking me down Argyle Street a bit, I just said "If you want..." because I thought it a bit strange, but I really didn't mind that much.

Further down Argyle Street, she once again said "Oh I hate those guys" those guys being some kind of aid group that help villages in poor countries that ask you to sign up for stuff, but being 18, and having to be 20 to sign for them, I didn't mind talking to them.

As we walked toward him, the man said "Hi there, can I ask how old you are?", after telling him I was 18, he explained the over 20 thing and thanks anyway.

I turned to talk to the girl again, and she was gone, I looked along both sides of the street and toward the station, but there was no sign of her bright pink waistcoat (it would have stood out a mile away). I turned to the man and asked if he'd seen where the girl I was with went, but he said with a puzzled look, and I quote "There was no one with you mate." (Gives me shivers!)

I just looked back and forth like a bit of an idiot half smiling in the very busy street, I couldn't believe what just happened. After a moment, I just continued on my merry way, but couldn't get rid of the nervous smile.

I understand, she may have just slipped away somewhere when approaching the man, but I'm certain I could see her at the corner of my eye until he took my attention.

At least I haven't went completely barmy, I haven't seen her since.

Anyone have any thoughts or similar experiences?

Other hauntings by thyrampantpigeon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thyrampantpigeon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-13)
Hi, this is an interesting story. Due to her being a complete stranger and both of you being polite enough to talk and walk with each other, I am sure she would have been polite enough to say her goodbyes to you. Just a thought, in the place you met her I wonder if there has ever been an accident there? Like I said just a thought.
thyrampantpigeon (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-13)
Hi Lady Glow, it is entirely possible, I just feel he would have seen her because I'm certain she was there when he asked, but then again, maybe he just doesn't take much notice of the hundreds of people in town so any explanation is possible here, it wasn't really intended to sound scary, it doesn't even scare me, it just leaves me scratching my head.

Glad you can relate Jeuna!
Likewise, it was very strange, I mean, we were close enough for the man to havw clearly seen she was walking beside me, so why he didn't see anyone really throws me, plus, if she did walk away, I'm certain I would have seen her, even without the jacket.

Sheetal, I actually never even thought about asking other people if they'd seen, I'll certainly be bringing up a new topic in conversations!
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-13)
hi, nice story. I just want to ask if she is roaming in the town then any other person must have similar experience like you. You should investigate this. 🤔
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
I had quite similar experience like yours few years back. But I didn't really engaged real conversation with this man, just the head gestures and some sort of replies like 'umm', 'hmm' but unclear. I offered this man a shelter under my umbrella because it was raining and walked with him to my brother's hang out place but my brother claimed I was walking alone because from the higher floors he saw me on the street ALONE. I posted that experience as my first story on this site. I feel excited to discuss this with someone who shared the same experience. Hope to hear from you soon.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
Hi pigeon: like you say " she may have just slipped away somewhere when approaching the man," -is there a chance she could had gone into a store or some other place? Or perhaps she walked away and took her pink coat off. 😕

Or perhaps you really walked beside a ghost that, at least, wasn't scary.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: