You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghostly Events Build Up To Nothing?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Events Build Up To Nothing?

 

This is the first time I've decided to share one of my two experiences, so I'll try to keep it interesting.

My name's Jamie, I live in a town East of Glasgow. I have had two experiences as I said. One in Glasgow, and the other in my own room. As you probably guessed, this is the one in my room. The Glasgow one may be told later.

Anyway, my town dates away back to the Roman era. I'm not 100% on all of the history, but I think they key reason is because it's near the Antonine wall. There are a few ghost stories revolving around my town, all of which I take a lot of interest in, but I wasn't quite expecting this.

I had always experienced the usual odd noises and the like when I was younger. But growing up I never ever questioned it, until summer of 2009.

As it was my exam time, I was home alone a lot. I remember sitting watching the telly when I heard the front door lock. It's one of the mechanisms where, when it's unlocked, the lever is down. You pull it down a bit more and it springs up and locks, though pressure has to be applied. With no physical pressure pushing it down, it won't lock. This was when I started to believe there was something in my house. It happened quite frequently, my stubborn skeptical friend continuously said, "It's just a rusty spring." I'm open to the views of skeptics and atheists, but I don't often see a spring rust away then suddenly 'spring' back into action, not to mention it's on a latch, which has little to do with a spring.

Anyway, come around October, I went to Florida for two weeks, and when I got home, I don't recall having heard it since. Not a great deal happened until summer last year (2013, in case you happen to be reading in 2017 or something).

Again I was home alone, now unemployed, so I found myself there a lot. Suddenly, I heard loud beeping coming from my mum and dad's room. I went through to find what it was. It turned out to be the phone having a number dialed in and the noise was the engaged tone. The thing is about that, no one else was in the house. I hadn't noticed it before, even though I never left my room, and my mum and dad are very unlikely to leave an engaged number on the phone. So that was a bit daunting. I never took note of the number as I never thought it was relevant at the time.

I actually believe it was the same night, or following morning, around 5:30ish AM. I was lying in my bed, very frustrated that I couldn't sleep. Due to my small room, I have one of the beds that is like a top bunk with a desk underneath. All of a sudden, my door opens and in walks a black figure and it stands at my ladder, but doesn't actually look at me.

In my frustration, I thought it was my brother and said (WARNING, swearing) "Oh, for f*ck sake, go back to bed. Go away!" Where it just turned, walked out my room and shut the door.

When I awoke the following afternoon, I started piecing 1 and 1 together. My brother is an unbelievably heavy sleeper, he does not sleepwalk. My mum and dad are a bit shorter and WOULD NEVER let me get away with swearing at them.

My room is always illuminated by the street lights outside. This figure was just sheer blackness, but it did look like it had definitions of a human.

The main thing I'm a bit iffy about though, people normally say when a ghost is present, they feel sad, happy, or something like that. I didn't feel anything. After all, I swore at it mistaking it for my brother. But since then, not a notable thing has happened in this house.

So there it is. I'm not the best at telling stories, but hey, I gave it a bash. I'd love to hear what folk who read this think and have to say. Maybe someone has a clue as to if it had any kind of intentions or what?

Anyhow, thanks for giving it a read!

Other hauntings by thyrampantpigeon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thyrampantpigeon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

thyrampantpigeon (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
I live in Cumbernauld to be precise.:)
Everyone hates it, I love it because it was a town built purely from ambition.:p
caitlinmooneyx (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
Which area of Glasgow do you stay? I stay in the east end of glasgow where the antonine wall runs through and would love to know more ghost stories around the area!
GreyFeather (44 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-17)
Your story made me laugh out loud. Hilarious! That's one way to get rid of ghosts. Talk about grumpy. Love it!
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-17)
I very much enjoyed this story... And I agree with the others, your reaction to the figure coming into your room certainly made me chuckle! I think perhaps some people are more sensitive to the "feelings" or energy of spirits, whereas other people maybe just take what they see at face value and don't necessarily pick up on the emotions you often hear described in experiences. Perhaps, living in an area with a lot of "happenings", you are occasionally seeing something with your own eyes, but you're not being bombarded by the sensations. Nothing wrong with that, it's just your individual way of experiencing things 😁 If he's your grandfather, he's going to have to figure out a way to better announce who it is, rather than just barging into your room like that! 😆
thyrampantpigeon (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-16)
Sorry for not responding quickly, I was away for the weekend.
Well, I can say I feel pretty horrible now, it may have been my deceased Granda as he was who I was closest to in my whole family who passed away in 2008, but then, there are probably millions of possibilities to its identity, could have been a Roman Legionary for all I know.:p

Still over half a year and nothing has happened, at least in the house.
Valkicry, your comment actually ties in exactly as to my other experience in the Streets of Glasgow, I'll post that one soon.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-02-14)
Very true, the paranormal is not always an emotional experience. On occasion one might even converse or interact with someone only to learn later it was a spirit. I wonder if after your heartfelt swear, that poor spirit thought, "Bloody hell! Just see if I ever pop in to say hello again!" lol Makes me feel a bit sorry for it.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-14)
My thoughts are similar to Griff's. After being told to go away, maybe it did just that. Poor ghost lol, may not have been the greeting he was hoping for. 😆
People don't always feel things in the presence of ghosts. Last year there was a man in my yard, and all I felt was "who is that?" Then I noticed be wasn't there from the hips down. Still, all I felt was curiosity. He was just doing whatever he was doing, and I just happened to see it. Its not always an emotional experience.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-14)
The first thought that pops into my head is that of this black figure seeing your awake, nervously plucks up the courage to enter your room, and finally make contact with you after 4 years of waiting, and is greeted with "Oh, for f*ck sake, go back to bed. Go away!" (apologies for repeating it if your offended) so it turn around with its head lowered and tail between its legs and leaves, haha 😆 😆

But in all seriousness, perhaps it is a departed friend or family member checking in on you because of your frustration at being unable to sleep.

Thanks for the post, I know it was not your intension, but that line did make me smile 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: