You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: She Lives In The Closet

Real Ghost Stories

She Lives In The Closet

 

As I mentioned in a previous post, my siblings and I have had some weird (paranormal?) experiences at my parents' place.

About 4-5 years ago, my brother told me he thought he'd seen a ghost in his room. It happened around 4:00pm on a summer day. He was in his room and decided to lie down for a bit. Within a couple of minutes, the room got dark and there was a sudden temperature drop. He was resting his head on his arms, when he noticed something "floating" out of his closet. He freaked out, but all he could do was stare. He says it was a girl, in her early teens maybe, wearing a white gown. She had dark, straight hair, and her feet were not touching the ground. He watched as she floated across the room, and finally disappeared through the window. At that point, the room lit up again, and the temperature was back to normal. Needless to say, he stayed out of his room for the rest of the afternoon.

Fast forward a few months later. One of his friends was hanging out with us in the living room. He spilled his drink and had to go get the mop. He came back in a couple of minutes, and we could tell he seemed shaken. That's when he told us that on his way to the storage room, he passed by my room, and caught a glimpse of a girl dressed in white, sitting on the floor. He jumped back, but when he looked again, the girl was no longer there. What's interesting is that my brother hadn't told anyone about his experience.

So far, my brother and his friend are the only people who have seen this girl. They haven't seen her since (probably because my brother and I don't stay at home for long when we visit). My sister claims she's experienced several paranormal activities there, but I'll save that for another story.

Other hauntings by minerva

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, minerva, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

killer9755 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
Great story and I can really relate to your brother not wanting to tell anyone about his experience. Thanks for sharing!
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
minerva - hehe i'm not religious either, but I keep my faith in goodness. So when I pray, I don't pray to a specific individual, I just pray in the name of goodness. 😁 if you want to, you could just ask her to go where the peace is. Or let your mom, whatever works for you 😳 thanks for replying! Have a good one!
minerva (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
That could definitely be the case. I am not religious myself, but my mom is, so I'll ask her to do that.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
minerva- I agree with some members about her being a residential spirit. Maybe try praying for her to cross the light? Just a suggestion. She may have passed in the house and just can't seem to move on. Sometimes spirits need a little help from us. God bless
minerva (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
Thanks for the comments!

|Shady4u: It definitely could be. It doesn't seem to interact with whoever is around.

|sheetal: No, I haven't seen her. It's only been my brother and his friend. I wonder if only guys can see her. My sister lives with our parents; I'm visiting this weekend, so I'll ask her if she's ever seen the girl.

|spiritscout: The house is not too old, between 19-20 years old. In a previous post I mentioned part of the land (near both of our rooms) used to be part of a freemason lodge long ago. I still need to investigate that.

|sds: My brother's friend saw her at night. I'd say around 8pm-9pm. He was walking down the hallway, and the door to my room was open. Right at the entrance, there's a mirror to the left, and a small crib right in front of it. According to him, she was sitting on the floor with her legs crossed, facing the crib.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
Hi minerva, like Shady, I also feel that it might be residual. But can't say that for sure due to lack of information from your end. What was the time your brother's friend saw this girl's apparition and where?

Would love to read your further stories.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
spiritscout (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
How old is the house? Just wondering. Nice story. Don't worry about her, she won't harm you. There is the ghost of a girl in our house too, only my mum has seen her though. 😁

Spiritscout
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
Hi, Minerva Nice story... There must be some reason that the girl was seen by your brother. I want to ask did you ever seen her? Try to find out history of your house. There is a possibility that the girl has suffered painful death in your closet. Like the story of BLOODY MARY.

Hope you'll revert soon.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-27)
A pretty good story. Residual haunting perhaps? Can't wait to read more from you. Thank you.
-Shady.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: