You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Is There Something Haunting My Dad?

Real Ghost Stories

Is There Something Haunting My Dad?

 

About 4 years ago my Dad moved out of our house. But what I am about to tell you is something that happened when he lived with us.

We originally lived in a little house, but we had to move as I had a brother on the way and there weren't enough bedrooms. But when we moved into this house, which we have now lived in for 13 years things that are a bit strange happened.

My Mum and Dad used to hear people walk about the landing at night, but I would be fast asleep and my brother was only a newborn baby at the time, so he wouldn't be walking around. However, my parents were laying in bed one night watching the TV when they heard someone walk across the landing, past their bedroom and into the bathroom. But 10 minutes later they didn't hear anybody come out. But, what they then heard was the toilet seat slam down. My mum thought I had awoken and was messing around, but my mum went into the bathroom expecting to find me there but there was no one there, so she went into my room to check up on me and I was fast alseep.

We had a dog, a Staffy, and he had some weird stages where he would just bark... At nothing. But we just ignored this as we didn't think anything of it.

One night, my mum heard someone messing around upstairs, so she came to see what was going on... To find me sleepwalking in the cupboards. Now I know it's normal for people to sometimes sleepwalk, but when my mum asked me what I was doing she can recall that I turned my head and just stared at her blankly for a short while and then replied with, "He's told me I have to make something." I don't know, maybe this was just a normal sleepwalk.

We woulds always hear noises and bangs in the house, and it really did feel like someone was watching me. I would walk up the stairs and this rush of fear would hit me and I would run up as fast as I could without looking back until I had reached my room. It was always my stairs I felt as though someone was chasing me.

One night, my mum was away for the night having a girls' night out. In the morning my dad a woke with unexplained deep scratches on his leg. This is not something he could have done himself, my dad doesn't have nails, not the kind that would scratch perfectly straight lines in his leg. It was three dead straight lines in a row on his leg!

Another experience of this happened to me. I woke in the morning and went down stairs. My mum had noticed there was a bit of blood showing through my top, when I lifted my top I had the exact same scratches my dad had, perfectly straight going down one side just below my chest side, and again, there were 3 in a row. It couldn't have been our pets, as my door was shut the whole night and they cat and dog were downstairs, and there is no way I could have done this to myself. I couldn't get in that position to scratch like that so perfectly... Not only that I always have acrylic nails on and they are thick so when you try and scratch, you can't. It doesn't even damage the skin.

After that, I had beads with a cross on them. I'm not religious in the slightest they were given to me by my brother (he was grown up by this point) and they went missing and I still haven't found them since. No one in my house knows where they are and didn't even know where I had them in my room which is strange.

But after my dad moved out, everything stopped. Nothing has since happened. I still from time to time get that fear feeling, but that's hardly ever.

Could this be something following my dad? If so, then what do they want?

Other hauntings by pet-butterfly

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pet-butterfly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

pet-butterfly (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-08)
Hello I do apologise for my late reply I have been away. I don't really have a problem with sleepwalking, I have't slept walked since he left, but it could just a coincidence... I don't know. Thankyou for you comments, I didn't know what to think about it all I didn't know if it was something that was following my dad
bossmathan (5 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2014-05-30)
I think its some phenomenon activity has be held. It is your father who stomped something on full Moon night. It started from your father. The ghost was released by your father. It started to make it some action. And important thing is you need to check a doctor because you have somakurese)) ) a sleep Walker... Thank you friend. I hope everything is right now.
BE HAPPY...
johnnycashmuse (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
Some very interesting points and a good story. Could be that your Father had something or someone attached to him if that as soon as he left the incidents stopped. Sleep walking is common but actually responding to questions in a fairly lucid manner I'm not so sure about.
I've had the scratches thing happen to my sister and I growing up and understand how crazy they can be when they come from a source that ins't making sence. It could be that what ever was attached to your dad saw fit to give you a sample of hassles too.
If nothing has happened since you are very lucky and hope that it continues to be that way in the future.
JACQUIE. 😊
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
hi, Good story... The thing which I found strange is your sleepwalking. Do you have a problem of sleep walking? Or That was just a only incident of sleepwalking? Please update us... 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: