You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Vision Of A Girl In A White Dress

Real Ghost Stories

My Vision Of A Girl In A White Dress

 

It's been about five years since I posted anything on this website. I was -RalphsGirl- but I have forgotten the password, haha.

I don't know why I want to tell this story, but I just do.

It was a few years ago, maybe four or five. I was over at my friends house, "Kaitlynn" from my last story. She had invited me and a few other girls I had never met before. It was starting to near the end of summer, and the weather was getting a bit chilly. We were outside, doing who knows what, when we decided we wanted to walk in the woods.

We weren't that far from the house, as we could still see it through the baring tree limbs. Kaitlynn and her friends were talking when we came to a stop at a fallen over tree. They would take turns walking on it, and I did as well.

However, when I did I had my first, and probably only, vision. I'm not even sure if that's the right term, but it's the only one that comes to mind.

I was walking the length of the tree's trunk when I suddenly saw a girl running in the woods. It was like I was seeing a movie in my head, and it was so weird. I can remember the girl clearly and what she was wearing.

She had wavy, curly dirty blond hair that reached the middle of her back. She was wearing a white dress that had half circle patterns on the hem line. She was barefoot and running, and it was summer from what I could tell. It was bright and sunny, the grass tall and a healthy green.

It was just a quick flash, and when I came to I was standing on the ground. I don't remember getting off the tree. I told the girls what I saw and Kaitlynn said that was funny.

She said that the people that owned the house was a family of three, and they had a little girl. I remember he telling this before, saying that the mother had killed the husband and daughter before she killed herself.

I'm skeptical about that part, 'cause she told us this when we were younger. I think she was just trying to make me scared, so I shrugged that off. However, I find it amazing that I saw something like that, no matter how short it was.

I hope you liked it, I just felt like sharing.

Thanks!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tay61413, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tay61413 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-11)
Miracles51031, sorry for not even saying anything XD It had been years since she told me that so I wasn't even thinking about ghosts or anything at the time. I had actually completely forgotten about it until I told her what I saw and she said that was the daughter. I still don't believe that ever happened, there wasn't anything like that when I tried to look it up online.

Johnnycashmuse, she was happy from what I remember. She was just running in the woods.

Valkricry, it seemed like a dream when it happened. The edges of the vision were white, and the world was really bright. I didn't hear anything either. I wasn't a power of suggestion though, as I said to Miracles.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-05-29)
Tay - it was a bit like watching someone's old home movie, wasn't it? Only 'projected' in your mind and not on a screen. I use to get these when I was in my teens. Sometimes with audio too, but haven't experienced it in years. My friend's mom was a spiritualist and explained it to me as a type of residual haunting. For what ever reason, my mind was picking up on that recorded energy. Perhaps it is the same for you.
Of course there is the possibility of the power of suggestion, but then I think your 'vision' would have been much more dramatic in nature. But, maybe not.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-29)
Hi Tay61413 spooky story... Behind story of that poor girl is very horrible. I have the same question of johnnycashmuse. Hope that girl will live rest in peace. 😐
johnnycashmuse (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
Im with Miracles on this one. Power of suggestion can sometimes be overwelming. However if you had an actul vision of this girl, without subconcious suggestion, I think you are very lucky. You may have seen a kind of flashback like a movie highlight of maybe happier times for this girl running and playing.
Do you remember was she happy, scared, crying or frightened?
THANKS, JACQUIE.:)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
Tay61413 - I wonder how much of this was power of suggestion? You said your friend "Kaitlynn" told you the story of a mother who killed her daughter and husband before. Maybe this influenced your "vision" 😕

By the way, I searched our site and couldn't find anything close to RalphsGirl. Are you sure it was this site?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: