You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: I Need To Know What's Going On

Real Ghost Stories

I Need To Know What's Going On

 

So quick back story. My father's grandmother was a bruja (witch in Spanish) in Puerto Rico and she did a lot. Everything from exorcisms, spells, and using a crystal ball. My dad has seen her do these things but she never taught him or his mom anything. My dad still has experiences like seeing demons, ghosts, and having premonitions but he can't do the things she could because he doesn't know how.

Ever since I was a kid I have had a huge predilection towards things like this and I never knew why. It felt so natural to read about ghosts, to hold a crystal ball, and I always thought that everyone could see the man in the corner. The thing was, there was no man in the corner, not to anyone else. But I could see him. He followed me everywhere, tall and in a suit and top hat doing nothing but watching me.

As I got older I started seeing people crossing streets and disappearing when a car got near, people in my house that no one else could see. I would have dreams warning me not to go certain places or strange coincidences that would happen to prevent me from going there if I didn't listen to my dreams. I would have accidents like dislocating my ankle before my trip on the Queen Mary (which happens to not have any ramps for wheelchairs) and the day after the trip I couldn't go to I would have a dream that something (a blue orb, a voice, a person) that would fix whatever was wrong with me that prevented me from going.

I usually get feelings in areas also, like sadness, fear, or paranoia where people have experienced things also. And I have noticed that the classic "make a birthday wish" that usually never works for kids always seemed to work for me. My parents always tell me that. The universe listens to you and if you will something to happen then it will. It's always seemed to be the case.

And my mom, when she was a kid, used to have premonitions also but because the family teased her she forced herself to stop and slowly the visions stopped and now she can't do it at all. My grandmother (on my mom's side) is very religious but I really want to find out what is going on. Is it possible that her powers or whatever got passed on to me and my dad? Could I do what she did all those years ago? I would love to if I could but I just don't know how.

If anyone could tell me what's going on, or any information on how I could get any information or education on witchcraft that would be amazing thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Katherine17, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Katherine17 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-31)
Thanks for all the support!

Von: what do you mean something bad is circling
Vonboeckmann (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-31)
Dear Katherine 17
I have a strong sense that is saying be very careful! This sense is very strong. Listen to positive people that only want good for you. Stay with what you feel is right. Take things gentle. There is something bad circling. Listen to griff and bjj. Courage for a positive journey. ❤ J
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-30)
katherine17 - As far as my readings takes me, I have come to understand that we all have abilities we are not aware of, or some of us are aware of. However, because of all the distractions in life that keeps us stressed out; bills, jobs, children, self-doubt, etc, all of life's challenges, keeps us from focusing on what God really gave us. I believe we all are capable of things, as long we know to channel it. Try meditation if you want to connect with your spirit guides and to enhance your abilities. Good luck ❤

This comment from bossmathan is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Katherine17 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-29)
To answer Griff84 's questions:
The experiences aren't always negative. Like, If someone experiences extreme sadness at an old library and they don't tell me but I go, I will feel that sadness. And the warnings always seem to avoid bad things! I don't know what to make of that though.
😕
johnnycashmuse (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-29)
Kathrine17,
I got your mail. And sent you some basic info that could help you a bit for now.
Badjuujuu is right though don't think the road will be short where you want to go and it will probably be as bumpy as a road can get. And also i'd have to agree with BJJ with being careful and not letting people misguide you when offering quick fixes or easier way to get to where you want to be with your abilities.
There is the fast way and then there is the right way. Be careful. Please.
JACQUIE
rwestko (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-29)
Abilities like yours are actually part of being Human. It has nothing to do with witchcraft. Most people deny them or shut them off. And yes, they do run in families. Practicing meditation can help you to learn how to use or control them, but they will naturally develop in time. Usually there is one talent and then you develop others as you learn to use it. Patience is the hardest thing. But it does take patience to learn. Again... It does not require witchcraft.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-29)
Asking for information on witchcraft, well, that's a complicated subject. There is good information out there, but there is also a lot of really, really bad information. I mean, terribad.
Be cautious of information that comes your way. Some folks just spout buzz words and whatever they think sounds cool. Most of those people aren't truly malicious, but their foolishness will set you back. Some people are genuinely preying on people they deem an easy mark- if anyone tells you its easy or only they can help you achieve your full potential, run. Anything worthwhile isn't going to be easy. No one but you can get you to your full potential. Others may help point you in the right direction, but no one has all the answers. If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
It would be best if you had a relative who knew the family tradition and could help you learn the practices your grandmother followed. Failing that, the book Drawing Down the Moon by Margot Adler might be of interest. It gives an overview of several different pagan/witchcraft practices in the US. It may be a good tool to point you in a direction you want to follow.
Gonna beat a dead horse a little here, but seriously be cautious. Most folks in the neopagan/witchcraft community are decent sorts, but there are some real bad apples. Just use your common sense and you should be fine.
bossmathan (5 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-05-29)
let's make it clear. Some more. I am sure there is something which is not identified. OK let me help u.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-29)
Hi Katherine17, welcome to YSG.

I'm curious, is the majority of the things you experience of a negative feeling? You say 'I usually get feelings in areas also, like sadness, fear, or paranoia where people have experienced things also' and also that you are warned to avoid certain places at times, is this to avoid something bad that is going to happen?

I hope you experience the other end of the spectrum also, thanks for posting😊
johnnycashmuse (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
Kathrine17,
Yes, I think your Grandma left you with a special extra gift. My Grammy Marlena and Papa Joshua (Both were Creole Psychic/Mediums) left me the same one.
I suggest that you work to strengthen your gift and don't try to hide it as your mom did. You sound very gifted in that way and you may in time be able to help a lot of people.
So please don't waste your ability or hide it.
The universe clearly wants to make sure your looked after and your lucky.
If you want any help honing your skills or just need to talk about what is happening with your abilities to another gifted the same feel free to contact me on my email:
Jacquiez.photos [at] gmail.com.
Thanks, Jacquie!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: