You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Old Lady Watches While We Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Lady Watches While We Sleep

 

A couple years back, I was trying to go to sleep but for one reason or another I opened my eyes and looked at the edge of my bed. I noticed an old lady dressed in white sitting at the edge holding something in her hands (it looked like a small candle) but I was too frighten to analyze the item. I froze, I didn't know what to think. I closed my eyes and started praying. Eventually I fell asleep.

The same month a friend of mine was sleeping over, she slept on the floor... The next morning when I woke up I noticed her starring at the door, I asked her how she'd slept, she answered she felt uncomfortable because someone dressed in white stood at the doorway watching us sleep. (She thought it was my mother) I asked my mom if she had gotten up and she said she hadn't gotten up all night and besides that she didn't owned a white gown.

My Friend never came back but since then, friends and family say that my room is very uncomfortable for them to be in. Oh and small kids (i.e. Nephews, cousins) often point to my closet and cry. Oh another occasion my little brother was helping me move some boxes I had stored in my closet, I was in the living room and then a sudden scream followed my uncontrollable crying. We asked what was wrong and at that moment he could not speak. Later when he calmed down we asked if he'd fallen or hurt himself and he said NO, he was frighten by a man's voice who called his name and asked him to go further in.

In addition giggles of small children can be heard late at night (not always though). My neighbor said that he once saw an old lady standing in our driveway late at night.

Other hauntings by WithNoRegrets

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WithNoRegrets, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Greetings,

Hello WithNoRegrets, your house and more specifically your room sounds like a hot spot, well actually cold spot, for ghosts and spirits. Have you taken into interest the history of your house?

I believe you will find the answers to the house's hauntings through the house's history. Or your house could have a gateway to the realm of the dead. (ie. Hell or purgatory).

Thank you for posting your story. I would love to hear more about your ghostly experiences. God bless, deus vobiscum and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
BornToBeWiccan (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-03)
running or not being scared or not it's not about bravery I think everyones brave some are just to ignorant to believe that's how they come across brave and some over think the situation that's how they come across weak but hey that's just me sometimes I'm too stupid to be afraid (thats mainly when I'm with my friends because they calm me down and I'm a total show off and not paying attention to my surroundings lol) and some times I over think situations and I make things up in my head and scare myself (which is usually when I'm alone lol I have a very active imagination lol) but I'd love to hear what others think of my opinion
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-29)
Hi irene! I feel the same way as blessed does. It seems as if there are two spirits. The man is negative and the woman in white is keeping an eye out for you.
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-28)
I guess I should've made myself a little clearer in my earlier comment. I don't know what I would've done in your situation if I woke up and saw a lady sitting at the foot of my bed. I just don't think that I could've laid there and went back to sleep. Not in the day or night. I'm just too much of a "chicken" I guess, he he! I've never actually seen ghostly images only experiences. I just don't think the two are quite the same. To actually see something would definately be an experience that I'm not sure I'd want. I know without a doubt, my heart would not handle that well! LOL!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-28)
Thank you for your story. Are there still happenings in your home?

You need to have a cross in your room and a Bible. Read passages from the Bible out loud. My favorite is John3:16.

If you are uncomfortable, while praying state firmy but plainly that the entity is not welcome there. Take control of the situation.

God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-28)
You don't have to run some people are brave some are not. It depends on you really. I had something poking my ear I didn't want to run I didn't want to scream I'm not going to let something scare me out of my bedroom. You have to face up to your fears not run away from them. Like some lads they can be girls sometimes they can act big and hard but when they see lads who are after them they run down the street screaming. It kind of funny I think how people say things sometimes. 😊
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-28)
Good story. But, what I'm not understanding is, that you said when you first saw the lady at the end of your bed you "closed your eyes and prayed and then fell asleep"? I'm thinking why in the world did you not get the heck up and run out of there! I mean how can you fall asleep with an image sitting at the foot of your bed? My first instinct would've been to run and run fast! He he! But it was a good story. What is the history of the house?
blessed (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-28)
I think there are at least 2 spirits in your room-the old lady and the man in the closet. I think the man is a negative spirit and the old lady may be there to try and protect you or warn you. This would explain why the kids cry and point at the closet and why your little brother was frightened so. Generally, red flags should go up when an entity calls you by your name and asks you to come near it. I suggest praying and reciting the Lord's prayer in your house, especially your room, and maybe placing a Bible in the closet. Good luck and let us know what happens!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-28)
spirit/ghost don't worry. The are scary because they come unexpectedly and all they do is stare. I know how you feel I have seen 2 ghosts in my house and the 3rd I just heard she was only a little girl. It sounds like she lives in your house she doesn't know it your house and she be wondering why you are there.
just say to her please leave say it nicely and calm though. Try taking a picture or maybe not. I enjoyed reading your story I have experienced things like that. 😊 Thanks for sharing this story with us.
meg (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-28)
It sounds like there is definatly more than one spirit in your house. Spooky 😕Have you ever had anything else happen to you?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-28)
Well Irene, it could possibly be a relative who has passed on and is watching over you. I really can't say positively what it was as I was not there to witness it. I take it you are no longer being bothered by what you saw? Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: