You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man Crossing The Street

Real Ghost Stories

The Man Crossing The Street

 

I've told this story a few times, and most times people think I am lying. This is definitely true, well as far as I know, I was not hallucinating and my father witnessed this also so I know that it must have been real.

Two and a half years ago, I was working shift and my dad would come pick me up every time I worked the 2pm-10pm shift. On this particular night, everything was just as it always was, I finished work, changed in the dormitory and met my dad in the car park. The dive home is about 15 minutes, less than that at this hour (was about 11pm) because there is hardly any traffic on the road. So we're driving down the road and there's a long dark stretch for about a mile and a half and my dad was driving a bit fast. I look straight ahead at the faint lights from the cars and are way ahead coming towards us. As I glance at those light, I notice that some way ahead there's what appears to be a person standing on the opposite side of the road. I can't see him clearly but I can make out that its a man.

I remember telling my dad that it looks like there's someone on the other side of the road but my father didn't seem to hear me. All of a sudden the cars opposite us start to come closer I see that the person is crossing the street. I still can't make out a face or anything.

I remember raising my voice and telling my father that I think that someone is crossing the street, he still does not pay any mind to me and we drive straight through what looks like two bare legs. It takes about 5 minutes for my father to say something because I was silent, I was in shock because I wasn't sure about what I had just seen and if my father had seen it too. He breaks the silence by saying 'you saw that?' I reply by asking if it looked like we drove through 2 legs. He confirms that he has seen what I saw. The rest of the drive home we go over the experience and for days we do this. When I seldom bring up the topic, he is still in amazement that we both saw the same thing.

Other hauntings by randomassociate

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, randomassociate, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mimerkki (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-21)
I don't think people who died on a road would in general want others to get into an accident. More likely they appear randomly, people get startled and scared and there is a risk for another accident. Probably there are also ghosts on the road trying to actively prevent people getting into accidents.
randomassociate (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-21)
Thanks for the positive comments guys. This is a favorite story of mine that I tell to anyone that would listen. I am still in disbelief that it actually happened. Just two nights ago while driving home from picking up my boy friend with my father, we spoke about this. This is a road that I travel quite often and though I have never seen it again, I actually wish I did! I have also been told by my father that you must not stop when you see these things in the road. Most times it is the spirit of someone who died on that very road and they may try to make you get into an accident.
SHERLOCK-STARK2001 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
Thats really a creepy story! I agree with Sheetal and AussieChick95. You must never stop the car! Also I too heard that you must never drive through that road on a bike! It becomes an easy prey for the spirits! By the way God bless you!
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-18)
Spooky Story! I agree with Sheetal roads would be home to so many spirits whom have died in car accidents.
I've been told not to stop the car! Or for phantom Hitch hikers
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
Many a roads are haunted due to accident. One of my friend is also experienced the same while she was driving at night. But at that time you were suppose to do not stop the car. By the way... Nice story... 😁
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
That is the zenith of scary! Did you happen to see it again? I would have really wet my pants seeing what you guys saw!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: