You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Neighbour's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Neighbour's Ghost

 

I used to live in an apartment, exactly opposite to my grandfather's apartment in Maharashtra. On 5th march 2011, unfortunately my grandfather died. So my family along with the family of the two sisters of my father arrived there and stayed for about 2 weeks. Within those two week everything happened.

As that apartment was small we i.e. (I, my cousin brother, two cousin daughters and aunt) went to sleep in my family friend's house which was one floor below.

We all were sad and were not at all ready to sleep. All of us were sitting on the bed with sad faces. I convinced them and made them sleep. At exactly 1:45am, when I was deep asleep I heard a loud sound of something falling on the floor from a great height in kitchen. I woke up with astonishment and realised that only I woke up, all others were deep asleep. At that time I thought that I had a dream and lied back down once again. This time I kept on thinking about it and was unable to sleep. Then again at 2:28 am I again heard the same sound but with much louder noise. This time everybody woke up and saw me sitting. My two cousin sisters yelled after looking me in the dark. I told my brother, "There must be a thief got into the house we must go check it out." So me along with my brother took cricket bats and proceeded towards kitchen. Soon we realised that there was no one there and two heavy utensils were on the floor. My brother convinced me that they might have fallen due to the wind. I too didn't want anybody to be afraid in the middle of the night and told them the same. Finally we all slept.

Next day morning, I told my brother that it might not have happened due to wind because they are pretty heavy utensils. At that time my sisters asked about the matter. I practically showed them what had happened. They stared at me as if I was telling them a horror story. But that house indeed looked like a haunted house because their owners had locked up that house, gave us the key and shifted to Hyderabad. That house was locked for about six months so it indeed looked like a haunted house with dark rooms and dusty surface.

Finally I told them to stop thinking about it and clean the house. After a few hours i.e. At 12:30pm, we heard that somebody was banging at our wall from the neighbour's house. We first thought that they might be hammering a nail into the wall. Later we heard the same sound with same three taps with equal interval. We were frustrated and started knocking the door of the neighbour. By hearing the sound of knocking the next neighbour opened his door and asked us what we were doing. We said what had happened. At that time he stared at us with shining bright eyes and said with a low voice that there was nobody living in that home. We were scared to death and asked him to hear the sound. After few time the same tap was heard once again. We first thought that there might be thieves. So we tried to peep in through the window. We saw that nobody was there and this time suddenly there was a huge bang on the window! We all fell back. The window was still shaking. We ran upstairs to my grandfather's house and told this to everyone present there. At that time my grandmother scolded us for doing that. When we asked the reasons she said that in that home a man had committed suicide! And within the next 4 days a man who was living in the house where we stayed to sleep too died. We were shaken when we heard that. We went down with shaking legs to pick our things. So we packed our things and got ready to return to my grandmother's house. At that time the doors of the dark room were banged open we frightened and ran towards the door. But luckily at that time my father was there with me. So we asked them to run ahead and me and my father closed the main door with force, locked it up tightly and looked at it. We saw that the vision hole or peeping hole of the door which was first brightly illuminated by the light of the window became black. We frightened and ran upwards.

Since then we never ever dared to go even near that house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SHERLOCK-STARK2001, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Hi SHERLOCK-STARK2001 Thanks for clearing my doubt... God bless you all... Regards,
SHERLOCK-STARK2001 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Thanks allesgute154. I have read your comment. We have already done two pujas for purification of our own house. But we (those who stayed there) has experienced similar experiences. I.e. After a month or two we experienced that when we were alone in our house there was some sort of noise of footsteps which will be stopped after we looked that side.
SHERLOCK-STARK2001 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Thanks sheetal. She didn't tell us because she arrived from hyderabad the next day at 10 am. When she asked my dad about us he said that we are downstairs. So she didn't know we were in that house!
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
Nice and horrible story... It's good that you are safe. I want to ask one thing if your grandmother knew about this so why she didn't told you previously? Regards,
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
Looks like your dead neighbour has become a rather malevolent spirit. You're lucky to have escaped with just two heavy utensils falling on the floor. Did you all (those who stayed in that haunted apartment) experience anything else after the said incident. I suggest, if you haven't done that already, to get some sort of puja or purification done for yourself and your residence to avoid that spirit from troubling you further. Take care. God bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: