You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Different Vision of Me

Real Ghost Stories

A Different Vision of Me

 

It was last December and the snow hills around my house were huge. So of course I decided, why not climb to the very tip of one? Can't be that bad. It was. I'm usually not afraid of heights, but that day was different. It had to be around thirty-fifty feet high. Very steep. In fact, one side actually indented inward. I thought it was all snow, but it wasn't. The night before, it had actually sleeted a bit and it caused the hill to turn from a snow hill, to an ice hill.

I climbed to the very tip with my best friend, *Abi and my little sister, *Rachel, a fair distance below me. I was scared out of my mind, but I wanted to show them I could be tough. So I yelled at them, "Hey, look at me! I'm king of the hill!" I suddenly remembered being a little kid again, playing outside at recess on the small snow hills next to the school.

I told Abi and Rachel to hurry up. I began to carefully sit down, but I guess I wasn't careful enough. I lost my footing and started to slide off the hill on the side where it was shaped inwards like a half moon. I was dangling by one hand for dear life and yelling at the top of my lungs for Abi and Rachel to come help me. Abi raced up quickest, but I couldn't hang on. I prayed my Guardian Angel prayer, begging him to help me. Then I started to fall.

Now this is the weird part. I remember the sensation of falling, but once I got close to the bottom, I stopped, and slowly, I just inched down to the bottom. My eyes were squeezed shut until this point, and when I opened them, I saw a bright light. So bright, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I landed on my feet at the bottom of the hill. My sister and Abi said it was the scariest thing they ever witnessed. I guess they didn't see the bright light, but they saw me land on my head and break my neck.

That obviously didn't happen because I was just fine. Abi and Rachel couldn't explain how they saw me land like that, and I couldn't explain my encounter without writing it first. Does anyone have any comments on how they saw me land on my head and break my neck when I had actually landed on my feet? I don't understand that.

*not their real names

Other hauntings by resamac

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, resamac, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ParanormalGirl101 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
The might of saw what would of happened to you if you were not saved by your guardian angel. But that is very lucky. ❤
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
It was your guardian angel who saved you. Thanks for sharing your story! God Bless! ❤ Katie
AuroraRosa (2 stories) (55 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
well, ahile ago I was hit by a car while riding my bike and something like that happened to me. I got thrown off the bike and flew about five feet and people said that I was lying in the middle of the road for almost two minutes not moving and I looked like I was dead, it was hard to tell if I was breathing. Then I sat up and aksed someone to help me get out of the road. I could even stand up, but I was a little shaky. Some of the people watching were really creeped out because they thought for sure I had broken my back. An ambulance came, but the paramedics said I wasn't hurt at all except for some bruises and a cut on my leg.
I think that it wasn't time for anything to happen to me, and maybe that's why you didn't get hurt either.
encartaphile (2 stories) (8 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
Sometimes I think parallel universes must be real, and each little thing that does or doesn't happen branches off into another realm of possibility that's really out there somehow. Could it be possible that in one reality, you really did break your neck, and in another, incredibly, you didn't? Maybe it's possible the kid with the unbroken neck pushed through into same reality where the other two kids witnessed a neck getting broken, which happens to be this reality. I don't know, but it's a thinker.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
A highly interesting story.
Is it remotely possible that the 2 observers saw what they fully anticipated or imagined would be the outcome?
Under enough stress the rear area of the brain that produces sight may produce inaccurate images of realtime events.
Could the observers have been watching from an angle that gave the fall the appearance they reported?

Could the inching down sensation also have been a stress-related perception?

Could the bright light have resulted from the tight closing of your eyelids followed by the sudden inflow of natural light (including snowlight) flooding back into your dilated pupils?

Otherwise, you were indeed saved by a minor miracle of sorts.
Axl_the_Hunter (guest)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-26)
It was possibly a gaurdian angel of yours. It saw you were in danger and waited for you to call apon him.
xoxoprincess16 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
wow! God was watching over you and you called you Guardian Angel and he came to help you! Best of luck! ❤
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
When we call for help from our Lord or our Guardian Angels they come to us and help us they have done so for myself and my family and friends.
You prayed your Guardian Angel prayer and for help and it was answered.
peopleinthemirror (6 stories) (4 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
❤ Obviously God was watching over you. I myself am having trouble explaining the things I'v experienced, wish I knew how to explain yours... God Bless
Zagrebacki_Lovac (18 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Maybe it was involved with GOD my friends and profesors had a similar thing that they should have died but they were alive. I guess it wasn't a time to die.

BEST OF LUCK 😊
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-10-01)
sorry sometimes my fingers go faster than my mind. Lol I don't mean to but it happens. 😁
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-30)
ok now I understand you sorry. Yeah I know what you mean now cause you have explained it more clearly. 😊
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-30)
no our minds see and show us what we expect, when you are falling from something of great height others expect you to have a broken neck when intead you landed safely on your feet. It is like when some one makes you a drink you expect soda and instead you get juice and thus get confused. I my self have seen what was the expected out come never what I didn't want or expect.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Our mind shows us things we don't want to see.
DON'T YOU MEAN HALEYBUG things come unexpectedly and what we don't want to see. 😐that the truth.
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
sometimes our minds show us what we expect or want to see. Though it is rather odd that you landed safely and all they saw was you breaking you neck. They may have been in such a fright that this was all their minds could precive. 😕
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
resamac, I've never heard of witnesses seeing the 'what should have been', that's interesting. It seems like they would have seen your fall, but your landing would have just seemed weird to them. I don't know much on the subject so I'm not saying I don't believe you, you were there so I guess you'd know! It's quite unusual.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
WOW Sounds so amazing. I read a story other story just like yours in the same situation as well she just didn't know what happened but it stopped her cracking her head open. Thanks for sharing your story with us. 😊
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Ire fortiter quo nemo ante iit. Seek within yourself the answers you search for. Only you know what happened and how. Thank you for sharing your story with us. 🤔

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: