You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Vision Of A Gnome

Real Ghost Stories

Vision Of A Gnome

 

I'll start this story by saying its a pretty short one and that I have no idea why this happened, so without anymore talk here's what happened:

It was pretty late at night and I wanted to go to sleep. Just right about when I put my head on the pillow and closed my eyes I immediately had a vision of a gnome, a really short one, and he stood behind the transparent curtain that was faced in front of me since the big window is right at the foot of where I lay. I could clearly see his features since the curtain was transparent, he had a huge smile and he had closed but smiling eyes.

Right after I had that vision which no, wasn't my imagination at all. I don't imagine stuff like this and this doesn't really feel like my imagination so ahem right about after I had it I sat up and felt scared like what was that? I didn't feel comfortable sleeping near the window and stuff and just couldn't sleep even though the gnome wasn't there when I got up. So I went and slept near my sister that was all that happened.

I would really like to know if you guys know what that being is and why I had a vision of it? How did I see it with my eyes closed? And I'd like to know if you experienced something similar.

Other hauntings by Yee

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Yee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Android123 (2 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-13)
Bettina- You're welcome. Sounds interesting I'll be waiting to know. 😁
BettinaMarie (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-13)
Android-thank you for your response. Your account is facinating to me, although I cannot begin to guess at what the blazes it could be. I think our experiences were similar, and I would like to share mine. It will take me some time to figure out how to put it down with words. Since what I "saw" does not make an inch of sense or fit into anything I might imagine, it is very hard to explain. Most people think I was imagining, and your experience is the first anywhere I have read or seen that is close in real life, esp with the detail about the sound. I will keep you posted if I manage to submit it.
BM
Android123 (2 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-10)
Bettina- By the way I forgot my password and this is my new account.

If you don't mind can you share your experience?

Also to answer your questions, I don't remember hearing any particular sounds but it feels like maybe I heard swishing sounds then the sound of vibrations on seeing the gnome.

The gnome seemed to acknowledge that I see him, I just felt that way from his grin.

I saw the gnome when I closed my eyes.

There was no glow that came to my notice.

Yeah definitely wasn't what I was thinking lol, but I like answering questions.
BettinaMarie (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-13)
Hello Yee
I had a similar experience and wonder if there was any sort of sound that accompanied the "gnome vision"? Thank you for sharing, this is the only account I have heard even close to what I once saw, at first with my eyes closed. Did it seem to "see" you "looking"? I am very interested in even the smallest detail. Did you look at it with your eyes open, too, or only with eyes closed? While your eyes were closed did it seem to maybe glow a little?
Thanks again, for any response. The way you told your story was very easy to read, and made me wonder. I understand if remembering random details for further questions was not your conscious mind's priority when the gnome appeared.
Sincerely
BettinaMarie
Yee (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-25)
Sds - I definitely understand why you wouldn't be able to make judgement.

Well, I told my mom and siblings about it, they said that I should pray for protection and that they believed that there could be different beings out there, also I was told to stop thinking a lot about these things.

My sister said it must be because of my interest in the paranormal etc... That I have such experiences. 🤔
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-25)
Hi Yee, welcome to YGS. Difficult to say what you saw with your eyes closed. It could be some kind of image that the brain forms sometimes. But with only one experience or sighting like what you described, it is difficult to comment further. It could be the image of the brain, which you saw with your eyes closed or it could be a presence. But, can't be sure. I am not doubting your experience and it was because of lack of information, I can't go further.

You said that you went and slept with your sister. Did you share your experience with anyone in the family and if so, what was their reaction and answer? Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Yee (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-23)
Mack -

Nope from my knowledge they aren't the talk here, nothing too significant about them.

Well, He didn't have a pointy hat nor a beard but he was bald, also he had a pretty wide smile with closed/squinted kind of long eyes. He was wearing a jacket? And pants, his clothing was of brown and grey coloring from what I remember.

To be honest I'm not going to dismiss the fact that it could have been my imagination, But its a pretty unusual and vivid thing to be imagined by me.

Nope,from what I can remember I didn't have any other visions. Yes I did have other experiences that I want to post.
Yee (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-23)
Melda - Well no I don't live in a wooded area but I live in an area that has a fair amount of trees...
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-22)
Hi Yee

Thanks for sharing this experience. I see you are from the United Arab Emirates. In that part of the World, are "gnomes" a particular creature / entity that is traditionally feared or seen?

Are you able to also describe what this gnome looked like?

In my part of the World (New Zealand), gnomes are traditionally garden ornaments; small men with red pointy hats, white beards and sometimes carrying a smoking pipe. Often they are "fishing" in goldfish ponds etc. Some people have dozens of them scattered all over their properties and gardens. They are apparently known to be "a legendary dwarfish creature supposed to guard the earth's treasures underground".

I often have very strong images of all sorts of things suddenly pop into my mind for reasons I can't explain. The fact that you didn't see this gnome with your open physical eyes, then it could be that you have had an image appear in your mind, but that was all it was? With no other phenomenon, or activity, or visions in your house then it's hard to say what you experienced.

But whatever it was, it seemed to be friendly and meant you no harm 😊

Is this the first time you have had such a vivid image in your mind of a being, or person? Have you had any other events such as this, or related to spirits / ghosts?

Some more information would help people to your experience into a context that may enable more assistance or suggestions.

Regards

Mack
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-22)
Yee - I have a picture in my mind of what gnomes are supposed to look like because I have seen sketches, drawings, movies etc involving gnomes but I have never actually seen one in reality.

Do you live in a wooded area? I ask that because apparently those are the areas which they normally inhabit.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance but I know that there are other members of this site who have in fact experienced nature spirits and as far as I can remember Tweed did in fact see a gnome.

I'm looking forward to comments from other posters on this one!

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: