You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Not a Very Scary Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Not a Very Scary Ghost

 

This is not your typical ghost story, strange, yes, but not threatening. The house in question was one of my best friends houses, it was built in the 1920's and a chiropractor had died in the 40's in her brothers bedroom. The first time she experienced the ghost was when she snuck into his closet to take a few of his cd's, while she was fingering the goods, the closet door began to bang and a weird nasally noise emitted, she freaked out and ran out. Needless to say she didn't try to steal his cd's again.

A couple years later she moved into the room her brother had once occupied, that's when I started experiencing things as well. First of all more than half the pictures we took in that room when developed had odd smokey forms or blue-geen slashes randomly in the frame. They had an old intercom system throughout the house, and sometimes when I would go by they would go off and make staticky noises. Downstairs the roommates claimed that the stereo would go on and off, volume up and down, and stations changing by themselves, the only relief they got was when they unplugged it. In the basement there was this door that had stairs behind it that led to nowhere, (they rebuilt the staircase for some reason), the doorway to nowhere was a creepy thing to behold, so the tenants down there moved the refrigerator in front of it, and then the next day the fridge somehow moved so that the door was again exposed. They put the fridge in front of the door again, and the next day the same thing occurred. After that they gave up and just tried to ignore the phenomenon.

I did the ouija board (stupid I know), and asked for a sign of the man's presence, almost immediately a stack of nearby magazines fell. I stopped playing the game. One day I was late for work and was searching for my purse, my friend (who lived there) helped me search the bedroom, we tore the place apart, looking everywhere but to no avail, anyhow I was getting flustered and I decided to try something different. "I want my purse and I want it now!" I yelled, as I stormed outside to smoke a cigarette. When I came in five minutes later, low and behold there was my purse on the bed where it definitely was not before.

One last little story... The house in question I suppose could be categorized as a party house, always lots of people, with tenants on every floor, my friend had the upstairs and always had lots of girls over. One July, all of us went to the country fair (big hippie fest out here) we were away for four days. When we returned the roommate downstairs told us of all that happened in our absence.

Apparently the second night we were gone (and until we returned), the upstairs door slammed open and shut all day, even when he would latch it, there was no wind, it was July after all and mellow weather out west. He also claimed that someone kept knocking at his bedroom door and when he would open it, no one was there but that it was really cold, cold enough to see his breath (JULY!) and finally along with the door slamming all day, he heard stomping from upstairs constantly. As soon as we got back everything went back to normal.

I don't wanna bore you, there are many more stories that go with this house, but the thing I wanna stress is that this ghost never tried to hurt us, I think he just wanted attention, and if I could go back, I would do EVP research and try to communicate and help the poor spirit.

Other hauntings by tricia889

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tricia889, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2007-10-16)
Hi tricia. This sounds like to me that the ghost doesn't want you guys to leave. Only because some ghost enjoy the company, and when you and some of your friends left it was trying to get attention. Just as well as everyone else has told you, DON'T mess with the ouija boards. Let me tell you why, it is like you opening your door at home and letting anyone freely come into your house. So by playing with a ouija is like opening a door of any spirit/ghost to come into your home. Not only that but it could bring something dark enity in your home. So with that being said, good luck and God bless 😉
tricia889 (4 stories) (23 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2007-10-02)
No worries, I don't use ouija boards anymore, and evan if I did I know longer have access to that house, I just wish I could help him in some way, he's been there over 60 years! Thanks for your comments.
eternix (1 stories) (9 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2007-10-01)
My advice is to just leave the ouija boards alone, there are many bad things about them and personally I won't even touch one. I heard they follow you around no matter how many times you try to get rid of them. You should also pray for the ghost.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2007-10-01)
Thank you Tricia for sharing your experience with us. Please do leave the ouija board alone, nothing but trouble comes from them.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2007-09-30)
Yup. This ghost wants some attention. It's a good thing it's a friendly ghost, right? 😉
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-09-30)
Hi Tricia yes it does sound like a ghost but never ever use a ouija board there bad news. They bring evil such as demons and bad spirits. They can also cause a death to someone in your family. It happened to a girl.
You have a interesting story there. I have strangers in my dreams then see them as ghosts where ever I am there there. I just don't know what they want and what they are trying to tell me. Anyway interesting story thanks for sharing it with us. 😊
WhitePupil (3 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2007-09-30)
Wow Tricia, sounds like the ghost in your house is trying to get your attention. Maybe you should try the ouija board one last time and ask what the ghost wants from you.

❤ WhitePupil

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: