You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Ghost Of My Aunt Who Died Of Cancer

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Of My Aunt Who Died Of Cancer

 

I was 7 years old when my aunt died of ovarian cancer in Leganez, Iloilo, Philippines. Her death was very untimely since she was only 30 years old at that time, just got married, and left behind three very young children (my cousins).

On the second night of her wake, I was bullying her youngest son. We were fighting over a stupid toy and I recall hitting my cousin with a wooden stick in the thigh causing minor bruises (I was really a bad bully during those daysļ).

As punishment for my bad behavior, my mom padlocked me inside a room in the second floor of my aunt's house. The room was really dark and old with only one bed and one window. I was so scared, I cried and begged for them to let me out but they didn't listen until I got tired and fell asleep inside the room.

At around 3:00 am in the morning, I was awakened by a strong slap to my thigh. It felt like someone spanked my thigh so hard. But as I looked around, nobody was there. I ran to the door to check if someone was playing a prank on me, but it was still padlocked. I screamed for help but no one can hear me since the room was far from the stairs. I went back to bed and tucked myself under the blanket, again I fell asleep.

At 5:00 am I was again awakened by a strong whip to my thigh but this time I saw the door of the room already open. I immediately went out and ran downstairs. While on my way down, I can see my aunt's casket but I can't see any of my relatives around. Nobody was guarding or watching over the coffin. As I was slowly passing through my aunt's coffin I heard a soft humming sound, like a mother humming a lullaby to her baby. I stopped to check where the sound is coming from and my body started to shiver when I realized it was coming from my aunt's casket. I ran as fast I could outside the house where I saw my mom and other relatives preparing food for the visitors. I told them my story but as expected nobody believed me. My mom even asked me how I got out of the room.

After my aunt's burial, we went back to Manila, Everything was normal until one night, when I was about to go to sleep, I saw a woman leaning on my closet. She was wearing exactly the same dress my aunt was wearing when she was buried. I can't clearly see her face it was like blending with the dark. In a blink of an eye the woman was gone. I ran to my parent's room and asked if I can sleep there and my mom approved. I slept in a couch approximately 4 meters away from my parent's bed.

At around 3:00 in the morning, I heard my mom crying while sitting at the edge of their bed, her hands covering her face while sobbing. Worried, I asked her 3 times "Mom, what's wrong?" she didn't answer. That's when I realized it was not my mom because I can see my mom and dad sleeping beside the crying lady. I started to shout to wake up my parents and in an instant the lady was gone. My parents thought I was just hallucinating and they even checked me with a thermometer if I have a fever. I told them the story the next day, but as expected, they didn't believe me.

This happened 25 years ago. I'm already 32 years old now but everything is still clear in my mind and I remember every single detail of those experiences.

Thank you for your time reading my story; sorry for my grammar, I'm not that good in English.

Other hauntings by JaniBoy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JaniBoy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JaniBoy (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-15)
It's been a while since I last visited YGS, well, just keeping the story up for the readers. Thank you guys and God Bless 😁
JaniBoy (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-16)
Hi sir, I made it sure that the story met the guidelines. I even emailed a photo to support the story.

Anyway, I guess I'll just resubmit the story.

Thanks very much and more power!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-16)
We're only a week behind atm, something from two months ago would have been published or rejected by now. You can always resubmit, but please make sure it meets submission guidelines.
JaniBoy (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-16)
[at] valkricry and ifihadyoux. I submitted my story 2months ago but it is still not posted until now and I did not receive an email telling me if it was approved or not. I guess I'll wait for another month. Thanks for the assistance guys.

[at] notjustme. Thanks. Every time I remember that moment when I heard the very soft humming sound coming from my aunt's coffin it still gives me chills up to now.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-16)
Wow! That gave me chills everywhere. Very frightening, and I guess you have stopped bullying after that. Had that happened to me, I would have been very terrified but I could imagine laughing about it years later... YEARSSSS later. Kind of endearing because it was family. The humming... Scaryyyy
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-16)
Jani; I've noticed they're catching up to the stories. Just give it maybe another week or so. 😁
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-03-16)
Janiboy,
Sometimes it takes awhile for the mods to get around to your story. It all depends on how many have been submitted vs time they have to read and edit. If your story was rejected you'll get an email telling you so and why. If you don't have YGS on your contacts list, don't forget to check your email's junk folder.
JaniBoy (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-15)
I have another story to share but I think it was not approved for posting. Where can I follow up? Thanks
JaniBoy (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-06)
Hi Miracles51031 😊 First of all, thank you for taking some time to read my story.

Yep, I really learned my lesson on bullying the hard way or I guess the "scary" way 😁 haha

I can't exactly tell if the lady in my parent's bedroom was my aunt since she was wearing a white T-shirt and her hair and hands are covering her face.

Every time I see ghosts their face are like covered by hair or like blending in the dark. I never see their faces. I had several ghost sightings my entire life and all of them are like that
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-06)
JaniBoy - wow, I had a hard time reading your story because of the discipline part. Granted, I spank my kids, but locking a child in a closet really got to me.

But that's not what your story was about, was it? 😊 I agree with the others that the reason you were smacked was because of your bullying. I hope you learned your lesson 😉 Seriously, I do.

Was the lady who was crying in your parents' room also your aunt, or a different ghost? I'm assuming not your aunt because of the way you referred to her as the lady, but I don't like assuming things LOL

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us 😊
JaniBoy (2 stories) (17 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
[at] sheetal and [at] MitoTakatori. Thank you guys. I agree with you that locking a child in a room is not a good form of discipline. There are cases here in our country where the locked up child was suffocated or was trapped during a fire incident.

[at] justthatgirl: yes, there was one time when I heard my aunt's voice in our garage singing songs that I can't understand. My sister also saw her. My mom also experienced a woman pulling her foot in the middle of the night... And a lot more stories from our relatives.
Justthatgirl (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
This is a very interesting story, has anything else happened since?
MitoTakatori (49 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Thanks for the good story! These are my points:

Bullying - Not good.
That kind of punishment - Really not good!
Seeing your aunt's ghost - Really creepy!
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Wow... Very neat story... Your story has many aspects sadness, pain, love of mother... And yeah... Also horrifying... You should not beaten your cousin that's the reason your aunt visited you... One more thing I oppose to the parents who locked there child in room as a form of punishment... Please don't take otherwise but I really oppose this thing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: