You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: He Died In This House

Real Ghost Stories

He Died In This House

 

Before I get started, I will share some background information. The location where this happened is my grandparents home that they have owned for 20+ years. Many of my relatives have had unexplainable experiences in this house. My grandfather says the man who owned the house previously died in the home as the result of an accident. People, including myself, have heard footsteps, dishes/glass breaking, things falling, etc.

It's summer time in my small town of Albany, Kentucky and I was about 12 at the time. The county fair was going on, so my parents dropped me off with my friends and my grandparents picked me up later that evening because they lived close to the fairgrounds. I have always been really close with my grandparents and would stay the night with them frequently.

This night, however, I didn't feel very welcome. I was in the guest bedroom which had been built onto the house some years before that I slept in every time I stayed the night. I had gotten ready to go to sleep, so I had the tv on for light, but I had it muted. After tossing and turning for what felt like an eternity, I was still uncomfortable. I turned the bedside lamp on and finally started drifting too sleep.

I was barely conscious, in that half awake/half asleep state. Lying on my right side with both my hands slightly tucked underneath the pillow. All of a sudden, I was jolted awake when I felt something/someone grab a section of my hair and pull, hard. Growing up with a mother who fixed my hair every day, I was not tender headed. When I opened my eyes, although I didn't see anything I was understandably terrified. I was frozen with fear. I really could not move for what felt like eternity.

When I finally got the courage, I tore out of the bedroom and ran down the hallway to my grandparents room. I was crying and frantic telling them what happened. My grandfather got up and got his gun, went through the house room by room thinking someone may have broken in. No one was in the house besides us and there were no signs that anyone had gotten in and left. The next morning I had a huge welt in my hairline where my hair had been pulled so hard the night before.

I have so many other stories to share about this house and other experiences!

Other hauntings by piscesrising_

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, piscesrising_, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-25)
Hello 😊

I definetely believe in the theory which holds that some chategories of people could me more open to such experiences or even the unconscious agent based on some repressed feelings.

On the other hand, those who died a sudden or violent death are known to come back. Maybe, though, it's something else. No matter the cause, I am completely against physical contact.

I will be happy to read the next narratives you submit because more information would give us more possible explanation of what the things you experienced are.

Until then, take great care ❤
piscesrising_ (3 stories) (2 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-22)
Sorry it's taken me a while to reply everyone!

Alina, hi! This was my first experience in this particular room. I do not believe this entity was trying to cause harm, as nothing similar has ever happened to anyone else in this house. I don't feel a negative or malevolent energy in this home, it feels very welcoming. And thank you for your response! I will be posting more experiences soon.

Silver, hello! Thank you for your response. I had never heard girls reaching puberty can be affected more by poltergeist activity. That is certainly interesting. It was an isolated incident thankfully.

Pink, hey! I do believe that our loved ones will visit us from time to time after they pass. I am no expert on the paranormal, but I think that it's a possibility it could be your dad. I'm sorry for your loss and am sending you love and well wishes. ❤

SDS, hi! Thank you for your response. After I had calmed down and gotten some sleep, I had also considered that something in my physical environment Could have caused this sensation. But I feel as if the force behind the pull was too intense to have been something material. I appreciate your insight! I will be posting more of my experiences in this house soon!
😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-22)
Pinksweety, better you write down your experiences and submit it. After it gets published, we will definitely help.

It is not proper to discuss it in this narrative.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-22)
Hello piscesrising_, welcome to YGS. Just because someone died in the house after an accident doesn't mean that there has to be paranormal activity. It could be something else also.

I am not sounding skeptical but it is always better to rule out mundane possibilities before turning our eyes to paranormal. It might have been quite long time before this happened but still why you didn't think at least next day if there is a possibility of your hair getting stuck in a hook or any object in the cot or near to it, so that when you turn in your sleep, it might have caused you pain and you might have thought that somebody was pulling your hair. Just a theory.

But I would like to hear your other experiences in that house. And it might be as silverthane has surmised.

Still quite difficult to assume either way due to lack of further information.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Pinksweety (28 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-21)
I read your story. Actually I have something similar to share. I live in a flat & my dad passed away in it in 2014. He had a sudden heart attack. Now recently I get nightmares about my mom nd sis. Also when in deep sleep I have felt someone touching my feet or patting or heavy breathing beside my bed or sighing/ moaning. Please help. Could it be my dad?
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-21)
A lot of girls who reach the age of puberty begin experiencing poltergeistic occurrences. Some of them are more violent than others. Although the jury is still out as to whether the girls cause such activity or attract such activity - or even if there is any such connection - such events are still debated. Hopefully, this is an isolated incident. Please let us know if any such encounters continue.
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-20)
Hello Piscesrising,

It really was a strange encounter. Since the house already have a haunted history, this probably came as something expected.

Was this your first experience in the room?

Or have you experienced anything prior to this as well?

Do you believe any of the entities occupying the house are somewhat malevolent?

Considering your encounter, it is difficult to interpret wheather the spirit was only messing or was trying to cause harm. But I'm glad you chosed to get out of the room.

Looking forward to hear more of your experiences

Peace

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: