You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow By My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow By My Bed

 

This is a more recent story that I would like to post here and see what you guys think. I have other stories from the past that I will be posting at a later time. Just a little background I have identical twin girls that will be one year old in a few days. My parents had just built a new house around the same time they were born. My wife and I moved out of a apartment into my parents bonus room not too long after they were born to save up for a house of our own. The bonus room is the only room upstairs and of course as soon as you get to the top of the steps you're at the door to it. I have been working a night shift recently so I usually sleep from 7 a.m. Until about 2 or 3 p.m. On work days.

About three months ago I woke up to my wife screaming at the door of the bonus room. She had the babies in one of the spare bedrooms downstairs while I slept but came up to the bonus room to get a few toys for the them. She said as soon as she made her way up the stairs she saw a shadow of a boy about four feet tall. He was standing at our bed looking at me but ran into the wall as soon as she was halfway up the steps. I kind of shrugged it off and went back to sleep.

About a week after that she was in the kitchen and heard a woman's voice whisper her name in her ear. Needless to say she came running and was crying hysterically. I told her it was her imagination and don't worry about it. About two weeks later I was off work and we had just put the babies to bed. My wife stayed in the room to lay down and I went downstairs to watch television. I walked through the kitchen and into the living room and my parents bedroom is connected to the living room. Their door was open and the way they have their bed you can see into the living room. All the lights were off in the kitchen and living room except a night light in the kitchen. After sitting in the living room for a few minutes my mom came in and we started talking. She then asked where my wife was and I told her she is laying down upstairs. She said she saw two shadows walk into the living room and thought my wife was behind me. I'm 6'2 so she could tell I was the first one walking in but the second was around 5'6 or so, same as my wife.

About a week ago I was sleeping upstairs in my bed again and my wife was coming up the stairs. She said she saw the 4 foot shadow by the bed again. This time as soon as she saw it she just turned around and walked back downstairs. I thanked her for leaving me alone with it by the bed sarcastically after she told me. I have not seen any thing in this house or anywhere for that matter. Any thoughts on why this shadow is standing at the bed while I sleep?

Other hauntings by The_Dark_Knight

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, The_Dark_Knight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

thedudebraski (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
I had just posted this same comment to another author of a similar story... Several years ago I was asleep in my room in the basement with foiled off windows so it was pitch black in the middle of the night... Anywho I wake up from a drunken slumber to see a tall broad shouldered figure standing in front of my bed. The figure was easy to make out in the pitch black which is kind of freaky but I felt no evil presence or fear. I just always wondered why it was watching me sleep. I never seen it since and still sleep in the same basement. As to your question maybe you are interesting to them, you must possess a certain quality or characteristic they find appealing, as long as your wife doesn't think its evil I would not worry about it
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
I find it strange that only the women in the house are seeing anything and that you have no had any experiences.

I know that's not helpful, but I found that interesting.

I'd say that there is no harm in cleansing in whatever way fits your beliefs.

If you feel that they are being honest (which since it's your mother and wife, that's the probably way to feel), then I would research the land that this house is on and the possible previous owners.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-08)
Please try to do a cleansing at your home to rid it of any negative energy/entity. One of our members, Rookdygin, has mentioned a cleansing method on his profile. You'll find it useful. God bless.
PaigeTheGymast (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-05)
That seems really scary but I think that if you just give a little acknowledgement to the spirit that you know that it is there and don't ignore it but do not allow it to take over your lives or anything crazy like that. The shadow does not seem to want to harm you in any way so just respect its space honestly (and yes your home can be considered its space). Pretty much what I am trying to say is to mostly just leave it alone unless it tried to harm you or a family member. I hope you found this to be helpful.
The_Dark_Knight (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-04)
Femaelstrom- I believe the same way you do but my question is more to why it wants to stand by the bed while I'm sleeping alone.
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-04)
I read a variety of stories with the same query; I speculate a couple theories, which I will share.

1) We are in what WE consider the "here & now". Most of us are unable to 'see' into other realms, so only occasionally can any of us catch sight of spirits that exist & occupy 'our' space/time. Many have gone before us, as we will seem to those that will come long after we appear 'gone'.

2) We are seldom informed as to spiritual attachment to specific locales. Perhaps your CURRENT residence is new... But what stood there PRIOR? Most of us forget to consider that when questioning odd occurrences.

Just something to cogitate on...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: