You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: No Logical Explanation

Real Ghost Stories

No Logical Explanation

 

I came across this website back in 2012 when my fiance moved to Dubai from India. I have always been a fan of real ghost stories and I wanted to read up a bit before moving to Dubai myself. Little did I know that I would be writing one myself from my own life.

I am a Gemini and being an air sign, I have always been more sensitive to paranormal things than others. It all started when I moved into a my studio apartment in May 2013. It was a studio and no balcony or anything but two large windows provided ample sunlight.

My husband had bought second hand-furniture from someone who had recently lost his job and was moving back to India. We got a great deal and since we were just starting out and had tons of expenses to bear, we decided to take up the offer. For just AED 500, we got a king size bed (which was slightly broken at one corner), a huge dressing table, a dining table with 4 chairs, a big cupboard, a refrigerator, two small beds for kids (and since we had none, we threw them out) and a small table. We were super excited and we marveled at the amazing deal we got to decorate our new house and finally start living together.

It was the beginning of our life together and everything felt perfect. Things started going a little weird from my first week of living in that house. I was woken at 10 am by the sound of a bell. My eyes opened but I couldn't move. I tried and struggled so hard to get up but couldn't. The doorbell rang again and I somehow managed to pull myself up and opened the door. I overlooked that incident after reading about sleep paralysis. That was the first time I had experienced something like this even though I have moved around a lot.

A couple of weeks later, something happened and now I am not really sure about the sleep paralysis theory. I don't know if it was a dream or not. It felt too real to be a dream and it was too illogical to be real. I believe in spirits but that's not the first theory I jumped to, but this one got me thinking. Here's what happened:

I was sleeping next to be husband. Suddenly, I realized that I was looking at myself sleeping next to my husband. I was staring at my body that was on the bed while standing at the foot of the same bed. I tried to get back to my body but something kept holding me back and I couldn't go to my body. Around the same time, I was trying to wake up and move my body, open my eyes and wake my husband up and scream and shout but I couldn't and I could also feel my that with every effort to open my eyes, something was trying to get back inside me but a strong wind kept pulling it back.

I am not a very religious person, per se, but I have a strong belief in god. I started praying and after about 5-10 minutes of trying to move and praying, I was finally able to move my little finger (though that took a hell lot of effort) and gradually regained body movement. The first thing I noticed after opening my eyes was that my body, legs, arms and fingers were positioned exactly the way I saw it from the foot of the bed. However, that has a logical explanation. Even though I was asleep, my conscious mind was still aware of my body's sleeping position which I might have imagined had the experience been a dream. But, when I got and looked at my husband, I was shocked. He was also sleeping in the same position as I saw him sleeping in when I, or a part of me, was standing at the foot of the bed.

We had two mirrors facing each other in the studio. A friend of mine told me to cover any mirror in which I could see my reflection while sleeping in the night. I did exactly that and that event never repeated itself.

So I experienced this, got really scared but decided to live with it because I didn't have an option. I told my friends and some of them thought I had an overactive imagination while some chose to believe me. I experienced something similar a few months later but didn't bother about it.

Every night, we used to hear knocking sounds coming form the cupboard and the dressing table and because it was a studio, the sounds were pretty clear. We would hear the sound of mice running around under the fridge (even though we had no mice in the house). These sounds only came in the night. My husband used to tell me that these sounds are coming from the neighboring rooms, but after he realized that we occupied the last studio on the floor and shared the wall from which the sounds came with the building's staircase, he had no explanations left.

One day, we were standing next to the dressing table and we distinctly heard the knocks coming from there. Upon doing a little research, I found out that one of the drawers of the dressing table had human hair attached to it. When I say attached, I do not mean attached with glue. A clump of human hair was nailed in the drawer such that half of it was hanging outside. I shared the new information with my husband.

A lot of things were going on at that point. My husband lost his job through no fault of his. As it is, he wasn't getting his salary regularly. We were in debt every single month because he got paid after every 2-3 months and that too only a month's salary at a time. I started applying for jobs and, even though I cleared every single job interview, something or the other would always happen after I got the offer letter and brought it home and I would always end up losing the job. We started fighting all the time. The house was all gloomy and sad. It always gave a negative vibe to us and everyone else who came. Many of our friends told us so. Any positive thing that was discussed in the house would inevitably not happen.

We stopped discussing things in the house and talking in general. When my husband got another job, I made sure he didn't bring the documents home. He kept his offer letter in the car.

Finally, we decided to go house hunting and shift to a new house. After months of searching, we found the perfect little studio and moved in. We were very careful to not talk about the house in the studio. I know it sounds like paranoia but every time we discussed something in the house, the deal would fall apart. My husband, who works in sales, has lost every deal he discussed in the house. Every single one of them.

The strangest thing happened when we tried we started out move to the new house. We gave away all our furniture to a shop and those guys had come to dismantle everything and take it with them. Every single thing got unscrewed, but the cupboard could not be dismantled with their machines. They tried hammers and machines and all the equipment they had, but nothing worked. They decided to not take the cupboard because they didn't consider this to be a good omen. Strangely enough, they also said that they felt a strong negative vibe when they were leaving the house and they knew nothing about our experience.

I went to that house later to pick up some of our clothes and a very beautiful collage that I had made and gifted to my husband. We had plans to get it framed. However, the collage was missing from the locked studio apartment. We considered burglary but that doesn't usually happen in Dubai and even if it did, why would anyone burgle an empty house and steal a collage of a random couple and some wet swim clothes? In fact, we had computerized locks on our doors and we had all the keys so it was impossible for anyone to open it and steal random invaluable things without making a hole in the door.

I would often feel the presence of someone standing next to the bed but I never bothered to explore those feelings. Every thing about that house was depressive and sad and gloomy and dark and unhappy. I never saw a body or spirit but I felt their presence very strongly and so did my husband, who previously never believed in ghosts and omens.

We still don't know what was wrong in the house. It might not have been the house. It might have been the furniture with all the sounds and clumps of hair and the cupboard that could not be dismantled. Many unexplainable things happened in the house like switches that were turned on by no one and sounds of people walking in the room and knocks on the bathroom door when my husband was alone in the house. The damage that house and its negativity did to us is immense. We couldn't even have sex in the house because every time we did, we always heard very bad news the next morning. I am just happy to finally be out of it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Riarocks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
i presume most of the things are on the cusp on complete explanation now. Hopefully riarocks you have been free of the negative energy that was emanating from wherever the source was. Nonetheless, it would also come under observation that you can astro-project which means, if you culture your strengths, you can become a person of powerful shaman so to speak. You are orderly, sounded stable and have displayed certain traits of being a spiritually strong person, even displaying certain psychokinetic abilities.
Just saying, you can develop this even further - maybe would be even helpful for you and others
nimra97 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
Would you mind telling me where this spooky studio apartment is located? I live in Dubai too 😊
Riarocks (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
Hi Allesgute

Thanks for sharing your concern. 😊
My husband and I did do a proper ritual in accordance with our religion and the only thing that happened after it was that we woke up (our first morning in the new flat) to a dead pigeon in the balcony. But that is actually a good omen. In hindu religion, it means that whatever evil was trying to harm us had affected the poor bird instead and the bird died to protect us. Not a very happy thing to wake up to but atleast I was relived of spooky stuff. In fact, living in the old house, I was on the verge of divorcing my husband within 3 months of getting married. M still picking up the pieces right now but it is getting better...
Riarocks (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
Hi Pragya

Thanks a ton! I did act bravely now, didn't I? 😉

Honestly, if I had the option to move out, I would have but I didn't so I had to deal with it... Lol
Riarocks (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
Hi Sds

Thanks for the warm welcome. I knew that the whole thing wasn't such a good omen but I tried to not think about it though that did not help. And also, I hadn't realized the extent of negativity it was associated with. Also, the person who sold us the furniture had to sell it BECAUSE he had lost his job and as I mentioned in my previous comment to rook, my husband went through something very similar. Also, we got the furniture dirt cheap and it is never this cheap. In the new flat however, I made it a point to buy everything first hand. Not having to spend the money is just not worth the drama.

About the astral projection thing, I have never done it. I still don't know how to do it. I never even tried to learn how to do it. IN our culture it is said that we should never sleep facing a mirror because the connection between our body and soul is weakest when we are asleep and the mirror can act a a pathway for the soul so when asleep while facing a mirror, it becomes very easy for the soul to get pulled away by other souls wanting to cause negativity. Some western cultures have similar beliefs. And sadly, the bed was between 2 mirrors which were facing each other so it was kind of like two portals. I have never had that experience before living in that house or after leaving it. The first two times, I passed it as sleep paralysis but the third time was way to serious and scary.
Riarocks (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
Hi Rook

Thanks for the interest in my story. My husband and I also think that the spirit was attached to the furniture and very strongly so because we would often here knocks coming from the cupboard and initially we didn't bother about it because we kept thinking that the sound was coming form someone in the flat next to ours sharing the wall until the day it dawned on us that there is no flat on that side of the room because our flat is right next to the staircase.

The hair thing was the first thing I noticed about the flat and I have had a negative vibe ever since. AS soon as you would enter the flat/ apartment, you would inevitably get depressed and feel sad. For absolutely no reason. Also, did I mention that my husband lost his job for no reason other than being a friendly guy in that flat? I am writing a compilation of things that I couldn't mention in this post in the next one. Sorry for the delayed response. I had no idea that this got published 😕 😳 😉
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
The hair has me completely baffled and confused.

Is there some sort of tradition or something that I am not aware of that deals with that? Another comment mentioned that its a bad omen to have hair and nails and such.
I just find that disturbing to find nailed to something. I can easily understand your feeling towards that.

I am glad that you are both happy now that you are away from a negative environment.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-08)
Why, on earth would someone NAIL a lock of hair into a drawer? That totally stymies me. Now, I have seen and heard of many things being done with human hair, especially that of the deceased, but nailing it? That is just creepy.
Like the others, I tend to think that someone was attached to that furniture.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-08)
This story scared me out of my wits! As everybody before me has said, it's definitely a case of a soul attached to that furniture item. I hope you attempted a cleansing (according to whichever religion you follow) for yourself and husband before moving into the new house just to ensure that the negativity didn't follow you there. Stay blessed.
Pragya (5 stories) (68 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-04)
Awesome story it must be the furniture. You are definitely a brave person.:)
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-04)
Hello Riarocks, welcome to YGS. Rook, my friend, you preceded me in saying that someone was attached to the furniture. As you said, the deal was good for whom?

And in our Indian custom, the bunch of hair nailed to something in the house is a very bad omen. Bunch of Hair, fingernails are used for black magic and in nearly all the cases, it is evil or very negative. Perhaps the persons, who sold the O/P the furniture, might have known and wanted to sell it anyway and the O/P also stated the person, who sold the person also lost the job just before he sold the furniture.

Other aspects, I agree with Rook especially regarding astral projection and as he said the cleansing method is posted in his profile. You could use it, if you need it and I, for one, who would vouch for its effectiveness.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-03)
Best 'guess' here. The individual who sold you the furniture did not realize... Or maybe they did...it's was a great deal after all... Possibly to good to be true? Anyway I 'feel' some 'one' was attached to the dressing table... Hair and all... If someone had passed and a lock of their hair was kept then perhaps their spirit became attached to the dressing table. This spirit was shy... Did not want to scare their loved one when suddenly you accidentally managed Astral Projection and by doing so the 'dressing table' spirit noticed you... And realized you and your husband WERE NOT related to 'her' (gut feeling) This upset the spirit who then 'soured the milk' so to speak by amplifying the negitive energies around you and your husband as well as in the home.

I am glad things are better for you... As far as the cupboard not coming apart... Got me there... Unless it was some sort of 'Oh no you don't' effort on the spirits part.

Thanks for sharing... If you feel a need there is a shielding/cleansing method posted on my profile... Feel free to use it... Many members have, there's even an experience or two posted about what happened when they did.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: