You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Candle Woman

Real Ghost Stories

The Candle Woman

 

I live in the southwest of England, in a little town called Penzance that is in Cornwall. In Penzance I live on a estate where kids are always out in the street playing and has had experiences to with this woman but only some actually shared their experiences.

So anyway in the year 2012 I went in the street and me and my brother and his girlfriend decided to go down to the shop. On the way down to the shop my friend knock-door scatted and we ran to the shop and the man followed us and shouted at us. My brother blamed his girlfriend. (she did do it) and then he went and me and his girlfriend went to a street and sat down.

All of a sudden a car went past a street lamp and by the street lamp stood a woman in a nuns dress holding a candle so her hands are cupped around it and then another car went up the road and she was on the other side. Then she vanished.

Another experience with her was I was in the street opposite my auntie's house and I saw someone peek into her kitchen window and vanished.

I've seen her outside my window a few times too looking in. Also when I walk past the street lamp it feels like someone's watching me

My friend has seen her walk in and out of her room as well. Also when I was looking out my bedroom window because it faces the street I saw her standing there and so I closed the curtains and kept looking to see if she was gone. About 6 times later she went I didn't look again.

Who is this woman? Its been happening for ages and now I give up with her.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zacideno, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zacideno (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-08)
valkricry thanks I will have a look into it and see if they know anything
zacideno (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-08)
allesgute154 all my friends think that she got knocked down by a car near there and that's why every time a car goes past she's there but I don't see her everytime a car goes past
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-08)
I don't know if I'm right or wrong. But I'm getting a feeling that something bad happened to her at the spot/lamp post... Maybe an accident? You might want to check out the newspapers in the year Val pointed out.
All the best!

Also, from what you described, she doesn't look like a malevolent or troublesome spirit.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-08)
Hello zacideno, when I was reading, I just felt that instead of asking who that woman could be, you should make a research and Miracles very clearly advised you properly. You have to start your investigation by asking the elders, because if many have seen this woman, the elders might know about it and it will definitely give you a clue or a bigger picture.

Please do share, if you investigate and get some information.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-07)
zacideno,
I'm not sure whom this nun might be, however the first home of the Daughters of the Cross, was there in Penzance. It was called the Albert House, in Alma Terrace, if that is of any help. The nuns arrived there to teach about January 1901. This should give you a starting place for research. As Miracles said, ask about from the elders.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-05)
zacideno - have you ever asked anyone, like elders in the town or your estate, about this nun? I'd start there as there would likely be someone who knows of her or has heard stories of her.

You're more likely to get information from your hometown than on here, unless you get lucky and someone from your area reads your story, or someone who knows, or has heard, of this nun.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: