You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Family Beyond The Grave

Real Ghost Stories

Family Beyond The Grave

 

I'm convinced that spirits manifest themselves around loved ones they're concerned about, and I've had several experiences that seem to confirm that.

One of these happened at a meeting. It was business, and one of the young men who had just been working at a new leadership position was speaking. It was pretty mundane stuff, but his stance had everything to do with maintaining integrity and having a morality about what we were doing. This was not a wholly popular stance to take, but it seemed to be going over well and he was very calm.

As I watched and listened, I got the distinct impression of a presence standing behind him just over his right shoulder. It felt female but the age was very hard to place. From the emotion coming off him and her, I was fairly certain this spirit had once lived, but maybe not for very long since the light I felt was more pure than what I've felt from spirits who had some damaging experiences. She was a very calming and innocent force and her focus was fully on him.

She lingered awhile even after he finished, but as soon as someone brought up a new topic, I couldn't feel her anymore. I never told him, but I think he didn't need to know.

**

Upon my return to Arizona, I made a very good friend. She's my own age, and was starting her first year teaching after her graduation from college. Things were changing for her, and she was far from home too with a whole lot of responsibility she never had before. We got close enough that one evening I was helping in her classroom and she was venting her emotions freely. It was doing her a lot of good, and I'm used to supporting people like this.

She was talking herself in circles and started to go downhill when she suddenly sobered a little and slowly pulled up out of her emotional nosedive. Her comments got lighter, and while her situation was still stressful, she acted like she had a better perspective all of a sudden. I don't have much control over tuning into the presence of spirits unless they clearly want attention, but I gave a little effort this time and felt three distinct spirits positioned behind her as she sat at her desk. I know there were two women and one man with her, and they seemed to have a smiling disposition about them. Their relation to her was unclear, but I do know they had some physical connection though it didn't feel like a near-family relation. It may have been an extended family relative connection, but not one she was close to in their lives.

I mentioned this to her and, while the idea made her pause, I felt that I'd had the choice to say something or no and that what they meant to do they had already done.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, allisonbeckert23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

allisonbeckert23 (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
WhiteRosey: I am a very religious person, and I feel like I've been greatly blessed by God for these experiences. I feel very protected too. I'm glad you find some enlightenment from what gets shared!
WhiteRosey (2 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
I always appreciate your stories. I have have little to no experience with the other side and have zero sensitivity for spirit other than the presence of God, so these stories really shed some light. Thank you.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Hi allisonbeckert23. I find your post interesting, and it does make sense. There have been times, as we all have I'm sure, where I have been in deep despair, where it feels as if there is no way out and the walls are closing in. Then all of a sudden, its like a light bulb comes on and I have found almost a new lease of life to get up, overcome any issues and move on. Perhaps this 'light bulb' is the strength of unseen loved ones giving me a much needed boost?

Thanks for posting 😊
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
I am agree what you have mentioned in the story... Family is the one who always with you... Thanks for sharing...
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Wohoo! Cool story. Sounds like you have a lot more of these to come.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: