You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Closure From Dead Cousin

Real Ghost Stories

Closure From Dead Cousin

 

About a year ago I came home to bad news from my mother. She explained to me that my cousin Danny died in an accident on his motorcycle late the night before. I hadn't spoken to my cousin in years, which only made me more upset about the current situation.

Later that night I was sitting on my bed, browsing on my laptop. I heard some tapping noises coming from outside my bedroom. I brushed it off thinking it could have just my my dog. As I was trying to go to sleep a few hours later, I heard the tapping on the wall behind me. The tapping was quite loud, and repetitive until I opened my eyes. I immediately though of Danny, but it didn't calm my nerves any. I couldn't move. Not because I was paralyzed. I was just that scared. All the hair stood on my neck. But I was able to eventually calm my nerves and fall asleep.

I was woken up 2 more times that night from tapping as I am a very light sleeper. Only these times I told myself it was nothing and I was just hearing things. I forced myself to go back to sleep and pretend nothing happened, as I was scared I would see something if I spoke, or looked around.

The next morning I told my mom what had happened and I could see the surprise in her face. She then told me that she had a dream that she was walking through the woods and saw my cousin Danny. She said he had smiled at her and told her that he is still here and not to worry. Then she said she woke up to a tapping noise on her wall.

We have not experienced any paranormal activity after this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jess_1997, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Very nice story. I'm sorry for your loss, I believe Danny knew you missed him and felt a bit of guilt so he came to tell you he's ok. Thanks for sharing with us.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Hi Jess_1997, welcome to YGS. Even though the tapping noises might have made you restless because you heard the bad news about your cousin and also the fact that there might be many reasons for such tapping noises, it is really comforting that your mother had such a beautiful dream. It is easier for the spirits of those, who passed on, to appear in dreams and share their feelings. But I don't think that this tapping noise was a regular feature and that you have not been hearing it previously also, I think. Correct me if I am wrong. If so, you would have mentioned it. So, it is safe to conclude that this might be that your cousin was trying to bid you good bye when you got scared and might be that is why he appeared in your mother's dream to convey that she is good and safe.

Thanks for sharing such a good experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
FirehouseDracula (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Jess 1997,
I think that Danny just came to say goodbye and to let you know that he was fine now and though you hadn't sent any time with him for a while he wanted to reassure you that he was not having any problems and that he would probably keep an eye over you now he has passed.
FIREHOUSEDRACULA.
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Aww its just Danny saying hi/bye to you and letting you and your mom know that hes okay and he will be there ❤

-ERizzy
Nickideums (8 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
That tapping could have been literally anything.

And the dream could have easily been a coping mechanism due to the death. That's not unheard of at all.
melissa_marie1122 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
That has to be the most comforting experience to know your loved one is there he must be watching over you guys I've had an experience like that happen to me but it was someone reverse I was sleeping and had a dream of my aunt (that I saw 3 months before) she told me to tell everyone she loves them and that its her time to leave but she will always keep an eye on us.

I woke up about an hour after I feel asleep...

I had a feeling I had to go to my grandparents room to find out they just hung up the phone where they had been informed that my aunt had passed away 20 minutes before I woke up...

That wasn't the last dream I had of a loved on that passed away...
allisonbeckert23 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
I'm glad he got his message through. Though I do think you may have been visited more by a mouse, pest, or clicking wiring in your wall. Just a possibility, though a dream like that is an immense comfort and help to grieving families.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: