You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Family Connections

Real Ghost Stories

Family Connections

 

I've submitted a really nice, heartwarming story but this one is not so much. I said in my first story (He Watches Over Me), that I've never had a real live ghost encounter; but once I started thinking about it, I have had some strange experiences that I can't really explain. Maybe more about that later. I really wanted to share some of my family's experiences, which I'm just now starting to hear about; but they all seem to be similar.

This first experience happened to my mom when I was only a few months old. We lived in Louisiana at the time. From what my parents have told me, they were both very young and had a difficult start. They lived in a really tiny apartment, my dad worked night shift at the time, and my mom had quit her job to stay home with me.

One night, while my mom was in the bed and my dad was at work, my mom said she felt like someone was in the room with her. She rolled over to face the doorway to her bedroom and saw a black figure standing in the doorway. She didn't describe this to me any more than that, but she says the figure started walking towards her. My mom rolled over but this thing got into the bed with her and started to put its arms around her. She said she was crying and all she could get out was, "Jesus, please help me!" She said instantly this thing just disappeared. Of course she was up for the rest of the night waiting on my dad to come home. She told me this story probably when I was about 13 or 14 years old, so this family story I've know about for a while.

This story I actually just heard yesterday from my grandmother. She told me that when she and my grandfather were in their early years of marriage, she felt someone come into the bedroom with her every morning when my grandfather would leave for work. She said she never rolled over to see what or who it was, but she said she knew (I guess, felt?) it was a man and he would walk to her side of the bed and stand over her. I'm not sure how long this went on, but apparently for a while.

She then told me about her brother and his wife. They also had a very young baby (my 2nd cousin) and also felt something enter their bedroom once when their baby was a few months old. But this time, this thing wasn't necessarily after them, but was trying to get to my cousin. My uncle got up and went to get my cousin and put her in the bed with them. But he said as soon as he did, he felt whatever it was still in their bedroom. I'm not sure of all the details, but he and his wife both felt these things were there and that there was more than one. He said all they could do was pray and ask God to protect them. I think this went on for probably about an hour or so, but he said that finally whatever it was left and they felt safe again. But he said it was a struggle to even pray. He said it felt like they were fighting something.

I have some other stories that my sister has experienced that are pretty similar to these, but I will share those on another post. I'm not really sure what the connection is and why different family members have had similar experiences. I thinks it's more than a coincidence that it has only happened to family members on my mother's side of the family: my grandmother (mom's mom), my grandmother's brother (mom's uncle, my great uncle), my mom, and my sister.

Other hauntings by ms_st0308

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ms_st0308, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-14)
Hey foxstrod, as far as I know these incidences only happened once to my mom and her uncle, but several times to my grandmother. But, they all happened between 30 and 40 years ago, so it's sort of hard to find a pattern. I'll have to post another story about my sister and her experiences, but I can definitely say that when my sister saw these things we were living in a house that had been owned by the same family for a couple of generations. The couple we bought it from was older and the wife was in poor health, but as far as I know no one had died in the house and I don't think it had a "dark" history. The woman we bought it from was very hateful and accused my mom of stealing from her while we were trying to move in, but her husband was very kind and helpful to us. There was also an older home on the property that was old and falling in. This is where the man's parents had once lived and he had grown up in, but I don't remember anything unusual about it. We even went in it before we tore it down. I don't remember a whole lot about it, but I remember finding old newspapers lining the wallpaper and there were old books and canned goods. It was like they had just left it and let it go. I don't know if that helps or answers your questions; sorry for being such a long answer!
foxstrod (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Hello ms. Before I jump into any conclusion. Has these incidents stopped or they are happening from time to time? Do you know the complete history of your house? If not, have you tried to find out whether something happened?
ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Mimerkki, most of my family have very strong religious beliefs concerning prayer belief in God. It may be true what you said, that praying specifically to Jesus is what makes the difference in dealing with something otherworldly. I'm not sure why this would be, but I do believe that prayer has helped me and my family in past situations. I know everyone's beliefs are different though, so I don't want to start that type of discussion. But I think it's strange/interesting that so many in my family have had very similar experiences too.
mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Hi,

I liked your story. How interesting, that your familys experiences are so similar.

I don't know if it is really true, but I have heard, that prayin to a God in general is helpful, but Jesus is the one who specifically answers prayers conserning evil otherworldly entities:)
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
I find it very interesting that your entire family has similar experiences!

It's very intriguing; thank you for posting this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: