You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Weird Breathing Noise From Behind A Church

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Breathing Noise From Behind A Church

 

Me and my friend like to walk around the village at night. We quite often walk to the village church and behind the church there is a loud noise that sounds like someone breathing through their nose. But it is way too loud to be a human. Also we have heard the noise several times on different occasions but all coming from the church.

We have went back during the day a few times and there was no noise and no sign of any human activity. One night we picked up the courage to go and investigate. So we walked round the church to where the noise was coming from but there was nothing, so we where just standing there staring into darkness wondering where it was coming from.

Yesterday we went to the church at 10:30 pm, and there was the noise again and this one it was the clearest it has ever been. There are 4 people that I know of that have heard this noise. When I'm to the side of the church the noise sounds like it's coming from the ground but as you go closer the noise starts to move up to the point that I was sure it was coming from the sky. But then again if you stand away from it it definitely sounds like it's coming from the ground.

The noise was first heard when we where behind the church looking at some gravestones and, of course, we starting running as fast as we could away from it. But after coming back all these times and still hearing it, I would like have some sort of answer.

So I decided to post it on here. I assure you that this is all 100% true. And I would like your opinions.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bdog77777, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
Elenoraemily perfectly articulated my thoughts on this one. I think it's likely you are hearing some kind heating/cooling/air flow mechanism.
Bdog77777 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Oh yeah and the noise sounds like heavy breathing through the nose.
Bdog77777 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
The noise comes from the right side of the church but not in it, but I probably should have mention the village hall which is quite close by.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
It may have been a heating/cooling vent on the building itself.
Many times they can sound like breathing (they come in bursts).
Pressure valves will also make a noise identical to someone breathing and will often do it rhythmically to slowly release pressure.
Air conditions, swamp coolers and heaters for large buildings can make very, very odd noises and breathing sounds is on the list.

The way you describe that sound moving from the ground to sky, in my mind, would be a pressure valve. You are hearing the pressure building through the pipes and being released safely.
Even a water pipe can make similar and very weird sounds.

There is a vent near my house on an industrial building that sounds exactly like a tropical bird.
It's fairly annoying, actually. I've never heard it during the day, but walk near that building at night, and it is squawking.
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
What did the noise sound like? And which part of the church had the weird sound?

-ERizzy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: