You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Lost Souls?

Real Ghost Stories

Lost Souls?

 

It started when I was about 2.

My sister is 5 years older than me and she saw them too. We weren't sure what they were or if they were really there or not and I often wonder if I'm just a bit loopy, but anyways, I found this site about 20 minutes ago and figure why not share my experiences too.

My sister, Cassie, and I used to live in Geraldton, about 4 hours North from Perth. We lived out of town, near the airport. The house we lived in was built just for us to live in and my mother designed it.

My name is De'mi, and I'm eighteen years old. My birthday's May '96.

The first time I saw it, I was playing the Play Station 1 (1998) when I was two.

I was sitting next to Cassie, my sister, and we both saw a girls reflection in the glass window of the TV cabinet. I turned around and there was no one there, so I dismissed it and so did my sister.

From then on every now and then in the corner of my eye I would see various different sizes of shadows in the shape on people walking through the house. It looks just like you, only completely black in colour and no eyes, no eyes, and no features. You can image at two years old this is really freaky.

Cassie saw them as well.

When I was 10 years old, Cassie being 15, we'd moved house from the one out near the airport, into town. The house we'd moved to was old, but seemed cosy, and didn't seem to have any sign of what we thought were ghosts.

Several months went by and we saw nothing, and so carried on with our lives as per usual, until the day that my sister came to me telling me that she'd experienced one of the "black figures" at the end of her bed, calling her name, in MY voice.

There was another case where in the second house, in town, my sister and I were talking to each other through the gap in each of the doors, across the hallway from each other. My father had told us to go to sleep, but we, being kids, refused. We continued whispering to each other through the gaps in the doors when suddenly a black figure walked from my father's door way into the hallway, which was right in front of my eyes, and then into the bathroom, which was directly opposite my father's bedroom. I looked at my sister and her eyes opened wider. She asked me if I saw it too.

When I was 13, I moved down South (Busselton) and lived with both my sister and my mother. I saw them there as well. They'd usually just appear momentarily from place to place, in the corner of your eyes, walking through the kitchen or the lounge room.

Maybe, lost souls or entities taking form in shadows as they're not able to manifest live beings? I sound loopy.

I never really knew what they were or if they were just a figment of my imagination because I don't see them anymore. I stopped seeing things like that happening when I turned about 14. My sister says she sees them in her dreams but that's different, anything can happen in a dream.

I believe they weren't harmful, but just observing or spectating. Like someone just watching a scene from a movie. They never hurt us but we were afraid of them because they were the unknown. That's also a problem in humans period. Fear of the unknown stops us from knowledge and growth.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_person

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemmings_ (video_game)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheDeadSociety1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Julesylou (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-30)
I really like your point of view. It makes sense that we stop ourselves from learning sometimes out of fear
Thanks for your post and insight
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
I like that also. That's a great thing to remember. Sounds like you learned a lot at a young age.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Shared experiences are typically easier to feel validated over than if it was just you seeing it.
If you want a non-paranormal explanation, you and your sister could both be sensitive to electronic fields and having mild hallucinations from it. That would be hard to prove, though, since your experiences were in multiple places and have never happened in the last four years.

"Fear of the unknown stops us from knowledge and growth." I like that. That is a good philosophy to have.

Best wishes

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: