You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Clown Laugh

Real Ghost Stories

The Clown Laugh

 

This is my first post and it's quite a curious experience which I had forgotten about until it happened to my daughter.

This experience happened years ago when myself and brother were teens (now both 30) in the summer months whilst we were enjoying our time away from school in mum and dads back garden, messing around etc.

We were outside and the dark clouds came over and we knew that we would be getting a thunder storm. At that time we were both scared of thunder and lightning, anyway every time just before the storm rolled in we would always hear someone laugh but not in a normal way BUT it was like (the only way I can describe it) what you would expect a clown laugh to be in a horror film. So we always ran in to mum and dad and they would say it was someone messing around, and they would try to persuade us to go back out when the storm went away BUT we always refused.

Years have passed since these incidents and we forgot about them up until a month or so ago when my daughter who was in her bed started shouting for me, I went into her room and asked her what was wrong, and she said "daddy are witches real" I told her of course not why do you ask and she said "because I heared a witch laugh outside" and of course that night we had a few rumbles of thunder.

I'm not scared BUT curious could these incidents from my our childhood be connected in some way to my daughter, if anyone could give insight or theories to what it could be I would be very grateful and I will read all comments. Cheers

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, darrenc115, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Vanessax1995 (19 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-04)
This is interesting because lately I've been finding many people with experiences like yours and your daughter's, where the parent had an experience as a kid and then there child has a similar experience. I do believe often enough that spirits follow specific people, what confuses me though however is when there is no paranormal experiences for years, then years later in a completely different location the child has a similar experience but seems that besides that the parent and child both don't have to much paranormal activity going on, it's almost like the spirit either always is there and lays dormant or simply shows up for a brief visit. Possibly been there for a while and the adult can no longer see it, I do believe kids see spirits more freely then adults because of there open mind and vulnerability... Makes me nervous as I'm eight and a half months pregnant and I've had a few experiences myself and even feel as though I myself nasty possibly be a medium and have become much much more "sensitive" since becoming pregnant. I'm hoping that my daughter will not share the gift I have, as it would terrify a child and did scare me a few times as a kid but I thought it was normal at that point, I thought everyone had the feelings I have. Took a long time to realize that it isn't exactly"normal" lol.

Any new information? I realize this story is a bit older, however I just now found it by going through a ton of stories with similar titles at the bottom of the page. Much ❤ ❤ ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-16)
DeanWinchester101: are you by any chance related to a member that goes by the name of "Mazahir_Winchester"? 🤔

Just curious!
DeanWinchester101 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-16)
I'm hearing this same sound but as a lower pitch sound, But I'm not hearing it at a storm, I'm hearing it at night.
EmLovesParanormal (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-25)
Hey, I read your story and I have experienced the same thing as a kid. I live in Australia. I used to hear a evil ladies laugh of some kind when it would storm. I always used to think it was the woman who was basically haunting me. She was terrifying so I just put the laugh to her face.
In my experience of this evil laugh, I think it may have something to do with spirits. Particularly spirits that are linked to you somehow or linked to a house. (I grew out of seeing the woman just after I started school. But I still heard the laugh. I moved in 2002 and the laugh didn't follow)
darrenc115 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
hi sorry it's taken a while to reply, just to let you know that my daughter absolutely loves thunder and lightning, and although she gets scared of witches (in the conventional sense) she tells me that they are mythological creatures and are not real. Could this thing know about our past fears and somehow be trying to feed off my daughters fears, OR could it possibly be trying to make my daughter fearful of something so it could feed off this.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-08-11)
darrenc115 - I agree with Griff's assessment that whatever this is, it could be manifesting as your individual fears.
darrenc115 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-11)
thanks for your questions and comments, just to clarify which I should have done whilst posting this story that the incidents have happened in two very different locations. My mum and dads house was built in the 1800s and is one of the oldest houses on the street, my current place of residence is a 1st floor flat about 15 minutes driving time away.
mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-10)
I thought same as Griff84: maybe the spirit benefited from thunder or from fear or both. Could it be a nature spirit of some sort, I really don't know. There could even be some sort of natural explanation, like something making a strange sound when the wind blows harder. We have yet too little information to make even a good guess:)
lola_inc (2 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2014-08-08)
It could be a bad supernatural being that follows your bloodline or random ghost that wanted to invoke fear in you. I believe more in my first opinion, because the haunting is pretty significant, instead of something random. If you are really concern about your daughter, I hope you can observe how things might progress and see if you can prove your suspicion that it's something from your past. If it's really following your bloodline than it's good to find help to cast it away. Evil beings that linger like this are especially bad for females because we are naturally not as strong as men.
It can effect our emotions, personality, our fertility and life generally as a human. Because these evil things are all under satan/demon clan, and they exist only to mislead and harm humans in all directions.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
Hi darrenc115, welcome to YGS.

My first question is the same as elnoraemily, is this happening in the same location?

Secondly, is your daughter scared of the thunder like you were? Perhaps, whatever this is, can only make itself heard / known by using the energy from the thunder storm, or even the energy from your fear of the thunder storm?

Unfortunately I can't help you with what it actually is, I do wonder however if you and your brother had a fear of clowns and your daughter a fear of Witches, maybe whatever it is manifesting as your fears if that makes sense?

Please keep us updates, and thanks for posting 😊
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
Did these both happen in the same house or are they different locations?
Shadow_moon1 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
Interesting story, but what I wonder is that why does the laughing always occur when a storm is coming by?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: