You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Laughs Echoing Through The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Laughs Echoing Through The Night

 

My experience started 2 years ago when I visited my home town in Bangladesh. I have previously experiences paranormal activity when I had went to Bangladesh in 2008 where I heard footsteps outside the house but no one was there.

This experience was much scarier than the first experience I had encountered.

In Bangladesh it gets really hot so we open the windows and doors at night to let some breeze in. Our windows and doors have barriers around them so if we do open them no one can come in. I'm a very light sleeper so I wake up a lot during the night if there's a slight noise. I was in the room with my niece and I sleeping in the bed and my mum was asleep on the floor next to my aunt. It was the middle of the night, I wasn't sure what time it was as my phone was dead and there was no clock in the room. I was awoken by a noise that was coming from outside, it sounded like a can moving around on the floor. I had ignored it and tried to get back to sleep but then it stopped. I was happy it stopped since I could finally sleep in peace.

A few seconds had past since the noise stopped and I had already started to doze off, the I heard what sounded like a lady laughing. It was faint and I could just about hear it. It sounded like the lady was far from the house so I thought it might just be some crazy lady as we have a few of them down the road. I ignored it and tried to go back to sleep but then it stopped. The sound didn't get closer to the house when I first heard it so I thought maybe she went home. Then all of a sudden I heard a scream just outside the barrier, this made me jump up.

I was still on the bed trying to look outside the window and door but I couldn't see anything as it was pitch black. The screaming stopped but then the laughing started, it sounded like it was the lady from before but it would have been impossible for her to get in front of the barrier that quickly. Our front driveway is really long so even if you ran to the front of the house, it would have taken a few minutes to get there. I was so scared and shook as I didn't know what was going on.

The laughing continued and I was worried my niece would wake up and get scared so I slowly got out of bed to call my mum. As I was getting out of bed to call my mum I kept glancing at the door and window to see if there was anything there. I still couldn't see anything but the lady was still laughing. I had woken my mum up and told her if she could hear the lady, she said she could and she got scared too. We both woke my aunt up and told her about the situation. She was saying it's probably one of the crazy ladies from down the street and she will go and check it out. I forgot to say, my aunt isn't scared of anything.

After waking up my aunt we all went to the barrier outside the door to see who it was. My aunt grabbed a flashlight and shined it towards where she thought the sound was coming from. As soon as she pointed the light at the direction of the sound the laughing had stopped but, there was no one there. We were all confused but thought maybe their just hiding. So, my aunt being the unfazed person she is, she decided to open the front gate of the house to check it out. My mum and I stayed inside and watched from the other side of the barrier waiting for my aunt to appear to see what was going on.

A few minutes later my aunt appeared asking in our native language "Who's there? Come out before I come for you." She said it a few times but there was no response. She looked around the place but couldn't see anyone. There are only two ways in and out of our front porch but both ways are wide and open so if there was anyone to come in or leave we would see them from a far. However, my aunt could not see anyone leaving the area. My aunt came back inside and locked the gate. She then came to the door of the room but before she could enter we could hear the laugh outside the barrier again.

We were all so shocked as it was impossible for someone to come in front of the barrier again after my aunt checked the surrounding area and no one was there. We were all so shocked so we called my brothers and uncles who were asleep in the room next to us. They all went out to see who it was but as soon as they unlocked the gate the laughing stopped. The area was checked and no one was around, they even went upstairs and checked the rooftop even though it was impossible to go up there without coming inside the house.

My brothers and uncles had finally come back in after searching the surrounding area for about 10 minutes and found no one around. They told us to go to sleep and ignore it as it's probably a cayote or something. We were all so tired so we went back to bed and I eventually fell asleep.

The next day when we woke up everyone was trying to blindside what happened the night before. They didn't want to scare me or my family as we just got to Bangladesh a few days ago and didn't want us feeling uncomfortable. I spoke to my cousins about the situation and they said it could be something called a 'Ferotni'. A 'Ferotni' is a legend in Bangladesh about a ghost lady who wears white with long black hair. She goes around laughing and if she sees you she throws feces at you or urinates on you. The 'Ferotni' also runs around at night trying to find her next victim to attack or terrorize.

Who knows what it was, it sounds like it was a 'Ferotni' but one thing I'm glad about is I didn't have to see whatever or whoever was making that noise. This is my second experience with paranormal activity in Bangladesh. I hope next time I go I don't witness anything scary.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, crazyface08, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-09-29)
LightMight.

I used to watch those cartoons as a kid!...now I have a new question about this story.

Crazyface.

If, according to your cousin's "a Ferotni... Goes around laughing and if she sees you she throws feces at you or urinates on you... Also runs around at night trying to find her next victim to attack or terrorize."

How come your fearless aunty didn't get showered on the Ferotni's pee and poop? After all, she was there in the open, probably an easy target or, even worse, like a living bull's eye at the mercy of the entity. Why it didn't bother her?

Or, was she protected under an invisible umbrella ACME brand? (Just kidding)
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-09-29)
Hi lady-glow,

I feel that it's quite possible a creature may have been the cause of all the laughing/screaming sounds that the OP and family experienced. He goes by many names, such as: Carnivorous Vulgaris, Eatibus almost anythingus, Velocerous-maximus Deus ex ignoramus, Eternalii Famishiis, and so on.

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pTFYBL96ZY

But you may know him simply as Wile E. Coyote...

😆 Light Might
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-09-29)
LightMight.

"These animals are progressively colonizing countries and continents where they were previously never found"

I can't refute your above statement, specially since so many invasive species have appeared in new places after humans have, sometimes intentionally and some other times accidentally, helped them to expand their habitat. Still, I find it a bit odd that Bangladeshi people would name a non native canid as the possible source of the laughing.

I have done some google search for this entity and found some interesting references, though none of them seem to match the description given to the OP's by their relatives:

From https://sites.google.com/site/route666tbb/hauntings

"ferotnis are woman who don't pass on and turned
Into horrible beasts, they come at night near trees and rip off
The hair on other girls (they do that because they are jealous of our hair) "

Curiously, the above experience was published in this forum over a decade ago by a poster under the name "Ambu" from Malaysia:

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=2363

Perhaps both countries share some of their beliefs?

Some one else describes ferotni like:

Pretni (ferotni) / Shakchunni are female unmarried jinns who have unsatisfied desires. The Bengali equivalent of the Latin "Succubus"

Crazyface.

Would it be possible to ask your relatives for more information about this creatures. I would like to know if they look like normal women and how they throw their body waste at their victims. Do they first collect their urine in a container to later spill it over some one, or do they have the ability to high pressure urinate? Or do they just lift their sari and pee at the feet of people? Whatever the method, it must be disturbing to witness such a sight... As for the feces, do they touch them with their hands?

The way you describe the source of the laugh moving so quick from one point to the other, makes me wonder if a it was a bird flying on the trees, that would explain why your brave aunt wouldn't see it.

Would it be possible that your relatives were pulling your leg?

Sorry for all the questions, I know you came here looking for help but, in my opinion, it doesn't seem like you have search for any logical explanation to this event.

I'll appreciate your feedback.
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-09-29)
Hi Crazyface08,

I'm leaning toward what lady-glow may have been hinting at regarding the Ferotni. It is possible that what you experienced was either a negative spirit, or maybe even a person wandering around on the property? Either way your description of the legend, "She goes around laughing, and if she sees you she throws feces at you or urinates on you.", sounds disturbing and gross! 😳 🤔

On a side note: Coyotes (a.k.a. North American and Central American prairie wolves), jackals, wild dogs (etc.) are often lumped together in name because of the close relation of species; genus Canis. These animals are progressively colonizing countries and continents where they were previously never found, because they are so highly adaptive...

Anyway, I really enjoyed your story and wish you well! LightMight
Bodi-Gundamma (1 stories) (21 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-09-28)
I have cat in house. They turn ghosts. Cats are everywhere you know
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-09-28)
"ignore it as it's probably a cayote"

Coyotes...in Bangladesh?!?!?
As far as I know, these animals only live in the wild within the American continent.

Crazyface.

Welcome to YGS.

Did your relatives say if a Fetoni's body waste has the same physical characteristics of those of a living person?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: