You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Halloween Mask

Real Ghost Stories

The Halloween Mask

 

As a young girl I grew up in an area of Little Britain called ball point. I was the type of kid that was loud and known by pretty much everyone in the neighbourhood. I would stand on my front deck and yell hello to almost anyone that would acknowledge my existence. Oddly enough it was the night before Christmas on this specific occurrence. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if my brother told me that they played with a Ouija board at some point or another.

Anyways my sister and I had been put into bed. I had the top bunk and my sister had the bottom at this point. I remember my feet being cold so I climbed out to bed to get a pair of socks out of my closet with folding double doors. I grabbed the one door and opened it. Nothing, socks were on the other side so I pulled back the other door. I had plastic hanging cubbies for my socks and underwear and such. I had never seen something so real and so scary as such a young kid as I did that night.

Looking into the centre cubby there sat what looked like my brother's mask and a hand in each cubby on either side of the head. To give you an idea of what this mask looked like here is the best description I can give.

The hair was short and a light forest green and its face was 3 or 4 shades lighter than that. It had large nostrils; big white teeth like a werewolf would have and almost had the look of a very large gremlin head. Anyways this thing was sitting there staring at me. I thought it was some stupid joke my older brother was pulling on me but something just didn't feel right. So I decided I would reach for the head and confront my brother with it. As my hand got closer I remember those eerie eyes following my hand as it got closer. I stopped and took a step back shaking like a leaf. My socks were wet with what looked like blood. It moved its long fingers and its eyes didn't stop look at me the entire time until I shut the closet doors. So I did what any normal little girl would do. I screamed and tore off looking for my dad! When I finally got his attention I dragged him into my room as fast as I could. When we re-entered my room he went up to the closet with me hiding behind his legs waiting so see that horrible creature again. He opened the doors and nothing was there. It couldn't have been my brother or the fake blood would have still been on my socks.

To this day I cannot explain what happened that night but it remains fresh in my mind even though I'm now 25 years old. Since I was spiteful about what happened I took upon myself to scare it off. So instead of hiding under my bed sheets I chose to camp out in a sleeping bag in my closet!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Liontattoo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kali-Ma (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
It's nice to see someone conquering their fears. Most of us run from them.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
hi, It looks like the closet scene from 'The conjuring' Movie... Creepy I have the same question of other poster.

Regards,
annabella123 (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
wow, you slept in your closet lol where did the mask ever go? Did you ever see it again?
Hazzyboom1977 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
That is one scary story - for one little girl. I fully believe that what you saw was real in your mind as a little girl.
Have you ever had any sort of experiences since that time?
Thanks for sharing your story.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
That's creepy! 😨
You were a brave little girl spending the night in the closet. -Did you or your sister ever see the'mask' again?
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
I would saw, with your age, that it very well may have been a vivid dream. There are several I had as a child that I swear are real memories, even though it is quite obvious in retrospect that they are not. You may have seen your brother's mask and dreamed about it. It's definitely not unheard of, especially at a young age.

It's just a theory, but it is one to keep in mind.

Best wishes to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: