You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Figure Slow Flashing Head

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Figure Slow Flashing Head

 

This happened around 4a.m. Today. I woke up in the middle of the night to feed my five month old daughter. I then decided to go out onto my front porch and smoke a cigarette. I do this often. I have lived in the same house my entire life. I know my surroundings. I know what is usually outside.

Everything was normal until a few minutes in. I looked up from the magazine that I was reading and there it was. A dark, tall figure with a dim slowly flashing rectangular shaped "head". It was in the street in front of my house, about 40 feet away. I was shocked but I didn't move. I sat there and continued to smoke my cigarette. The figure just stood there, swaying occasionally.

I finished my smoke and got up to go inside, as soon as I got up, the figure started to move closer. I quickly went inside and locked the door. I went inside to tell my husband, I had no words, couldn't speak. I was in shock, shaking as I finally told him what happened. He got up to go look outside, I joined. The strange figure was gone. I went back to bed distraught. I have thought about this all day and it is simply something that I cannot explain.

I have searched online only to find nothing. I decided to post this to hear opinions. I just want to know what I saw. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated. I have been told in the past that I could be clairvoyant, no idea if this might have anything to do with this situation, just putting that out there. I have had a few different experiences before but nothing like this.

Please help?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mrsrowley0426, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DandelionQueen (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-25)
The 'dim slowly flashing rectangular shaped "head"' is really peculiar! When I read that I immediately pictured the lantern of a lighthouse - did it sort of look like that? Do you live near the coast, or is there any reason that you can think of why that would be meaningful? Also, you mention that the rest of it was tall and dark - was it "human shaped"? Could you see arms and legs? How much detail could you make out - hands, feet? Clothes? Did you have a strong sense that it was a ghost or spirit, rather than some other sort of creature or being, or did you simply have no idea it was? Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience!
mrsrowley0426 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
At first I wasn't afraid, just curious. I sat & stared at it for a good 3 minutes. I didn't get scared until it started walking towards me. So crazy.
JelloPixel (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-20)
pretty interesting. I'm just guessing the figure didn't mean any harm maybe it was just drawn to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: