You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Intruder Or Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Intruder Or Ghost?

 

This is my first time posting so I apologise if I haven't explained myself clearly.

This strange occurrence happened back in July 2011. Me and my partner at the time were babysitting my partner's nephew at his sister's house. It was a normal summer's evening. We had all been out in the garden playing until nightfall. His sister was out at the time so it was me, my partner and my partner's nephew.

Shortly after putting my partner's nephew to bed, we put the TV on and I distinctly remember watching a program about lottery winners. We were sitting there blissfully when all of a sudden we heard the kitchen door at the back of the house slam shut. I had shut it when we came in from the garden. We both sat there wondering why it had slammed shut as the bang was so loud, when all of the sudden we heard a noise as though someone was going through the knife draw rattling the cutlery.

Instinctively we both thought an intruder was in the kitchen to steal some valuables. We were both as quiet as possible so we didn't startle the 'intruder'. I stood at the bottom of the stairs ready to run up and protect my partner's nephew if necessary and my partner stood by the kitchen door. It was so frightening the prospect of someone being behind that door with a knife and perhaps not knowing we were there.

I insisted we call the police but my partner decided to pick up a vase and enter the kitchen to confront whoever it was. To our surprise, nobody was in the kitchen and nothing was touched. Both of our phones were on charge in the kitchen next to the knife draw and they were still there. Also we didn't hear the back door shut again.

I am positive it wasn't an intruder as nothing was touched and I am sure they would have taken the phones as they would have been quick to grab and scarper with. The house is also detached so I highly doubt it was noise coming from a neighbor.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps a ghost or entity? I have had a similar experience in the same kitchen where I heard somebody sneeze behind me and I was the only person in the house at the time. This happened a few weeks before the above event.

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts, but this was definitely the most frightening experience of my life.

Best wishes.

Lion_tamer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lion_tamer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-05)
Hi lion_tamer, welcome to YGS. Quite difficult to comment because it is only one incident about door slamming. It could be residual but still can't say. As elnoraemily suggested, an investigation about the house could be in order, if it is possible and if your partner's sister is liking in the same house. Did you discuss with your partner's sister about this experience? If so, what was her reaction because if you have felt something in the kitchen, perhaps she might have also had some of her experiences too. Keep us informed of any further information.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-03)
Interesting. Maybe your house went through a robbery in the past and all that energy is just on repeat.

It could also be the house settling oddly, strong wind, ect.

I would try to research it a bit and see if anything interesting pops up.
Siinda (4 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-03)
The event sounds a bit more residual to me than active. Its as if the ghost is just living through the days they did as if they were still alive. Another factor could be the cha nge of the season settling the house and what was assumed to be a shut door suddenly sinks into its frame as the wood expands/contracts. I have a front door that opens similarly when its stormy... Just opens on its own.
Calthrow (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-02)
Well. Lion I would have ran well not with a child in the house sound like you may have an spirit there or a foolish human but I think it was a ghost I would be careful with this until you know its intention it may be harmless but it may not be so please be careful

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: