You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Silhouette Stalker

Real Ghost Stories

Silhouette Stalker

 

This happened quite a while ago, and it still happens to this day. I'm sick of it, I want it to die.

I first remember seeing it around the age of five. I'd had a rather interesting dream about skittles, and how they were planning to take over the country when I was jolted awake at 2:00 in the morning by what seemed to be nothing. I, being five, was unnerved. I felt like I was being watched. I always get that feeling, but this time it was readily apparent that my watcher was sitting in plain sight. My eyes darted around the room, finally reaching it, standing in the doorway of my room. It was like a silhouette, except of me.

It looked exactly like me, if you know what I mean. I could see that it was sort of me, but it was, well, a silhouette. It was wearing a hat... My favourite hat... Except the hat was a silhouette too. I blinked. It moved forward about a centimetre. I glanced around at everything except for it, looking for something to ward it off. When I looked away from it again (It had been getting closer each time I looked past it), I heard shallow breathing. I felt warm air down my neck. I didn't dare look around. I just ducked under the bedcovers and stayed there until morning, hearing that shallow breathing, over and over, lying in a pool of sweat until my parents woke up and the breathing stopped. I dared look up. I was feeling the happiest I'd been that week! The thing was gone! THE THING WAS GONE! That's what I thought... Oh, how bloody wrong I was.

Ever since, I've felt like I was being watched, closer than before. Now I am 13. Whenever I feel like I'm being watched, I turn around and pay close attention to my surroundings. Sometimes I see it. It disappears. Other times I don't. I no longer feel like I'm being watched.

Can somebody please explain? I have named my 'friend' "Shadow". Apparently, three of my friends have had the same experience, though I think two are jumping on the bandwagon.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Anyone?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MitchHBA, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

crystalrose24 (1 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2014-09-10)
I had a kind if similar thing happen at the age of six. I was with my mum visiting my adult sister's flat in Brisbane, Australia. My sister's flat mate was out that night so I was told I could sleep in her room. I never liked the dark as a kid but I was told to go to bed while the adults stayed up so I did. I was lying there when suddenly a square of light appeared on the wall along with the silhouette of a man. Even at that young age I was trying to use logic to work it out, I looked to see if there were windows or anywhere in the room this thing could have come from. It was like a side-on profile, I could see the man's beard but he was pitch black, I just laid there transfixed until he eventually kind of faded away. I told my mum the next morning and it was only then I realised how strange it was. About a year later, my brother's girlfriend told me another flat mate who lived there had seen the same thing and took his things and left, refusing to ever go back again. That was the first of many ghostly encounters in my life, but the shadow man never came back. I'm a very logical person and work as a professional and can vouch that yes, these things do exist. Perhaps try to pray or firmly tell your visitor it's not welcome or that it's scaring you, and to please lay off.
MidnightPhantom (9 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-09-10)
I think of it as your "dopple ganger" since you said that it looks like a copy of you but I have read and heard stories about this that you can't see your own dopple ganger cause if you do that would be dangerous, they take your body and replace you as you - from what I have read, don't take it too serious, just an unconstructed opinion somewhere else.
IamDom (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-09-10)
Have you tried telling it to leave you alone?
For when spirits bothered me at night, my mother used to tell me to read psalm 91 from the bible (I believe) before I went to sleep.

It wouldn't hurt to read the psalm out loud every night before you hit the hay. In fact you should. (And mean what you say)
In personal opinion, if this spirit hasn't bothered you I do not think it ever will physically bother you. I believe it's merely spectating/watching over you. The warm air could be your imagination, or it could be something more. For now, since you are young and I understand the situation about not being able to do anything, just pray and read aloud verses from the bible of your religion every night (I read both from buddhist bibles and christian).

When I feel scared I turn on the light. That may help you too, to keep a flashlight nearby.

Stay strong!
-Dom
MitchHBA (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-09-09)
elnoraemily,
This 'friendshipness' happens quite a lot of the time, day and night. I'm used to it now, but it is still very rattling. I have not talked to my parents about this since the night this story took place. My dad said it was just him, but I don't think so. How can he reflect no light, wear my favourite hat while my favourite hat was still by my bed, and in a sense teleport?
elnoraemily (guest)
+3
10 years ago (2014-09-09)
Well, this is interesting. Does it only happens at night?

I understand what you mean by recognizing things through silhouette. I also think it is very smart that you recognize that people are sometimes dishonest just to jump on the bandwagon. You are most likely correct.

Have you talked to your parents about this? Maybe they have similar experiences and can shed some light on it from a personal standpoint.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: