You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Weird Silhouette

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Silhouette

 

My first paranormal experience was when I was maybe around 4-5 years old. When I was about 3-4 years old, I remember being afraid of gorillas. This started when my aunt and I visited one of our neighbors on our street, their house was around 8 lots away. By the way, we used to live in a subdivision in Angeles, Pampanga back then.

So back to the story, when we visited their house, a huge stuffed gorilla was sitting on the sofa in their living room and it was 2 and a half times bigger than me. In my eyes, it was kind of creepy because their house was dimly lit by a yellow wall lamp.

Due to the creepy vibe that the stuffed animal was emitting, I ran out of the house and went straight back home. My aunt just let me go because our subdivision was pretty safe back then and our house wasn't far.

Now when I experienced something paranormal when I was around 4-5 years old, it was raining heavily along with thunder, my cousin was a scaredy-cat back then so she called me to sleep with her in her room (she's 9 years older than me). She took my mattress from my room and brought it to hers. (Just a preview, I grew up with my aunt, her British husband, their daughter, and housekeeper. My parents were finically struggling back then, so my aunt's husband decided to adopt me temporarily.)

Late at night, it was still raining hard when I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night. Looking around groggily in the dark room, with the thunders' light, I suddenly saw a huge figure at the foot of my mattress. My cousin's room was quite big and at that time my mattress was placed facing the window. The curtains were mostly see-through so the thunder's light lit up the whole room. Its back was behind the window so its silhouette was quite detailed.

The dark silhouette was of a gorilla that was standing around 6 feet tall, the weird part was it doesn't look exactly like a real gorilla. It was more like a 6-foot muscular man wearing a full gorilla suit, like the ones that look like onesies that have feet and mask included on them. Once the light from the thunder was gone, so was the silhouette.

That time, I don't know if what I saw was just my imagination, but I do know that I was awake. I told my aunt and cousin about this but they didn't believe me. Was it a ghost that changed its appearance to something I was afraid of or was it really just my imagination? What do you think?

Sorry if this was quite long especially the intro. I've been reading here for only a week and I'm liking the posts here so far, so I decided to share my experiences from childhood to present. My first paranormal encounter isn't that quite interesting, but I promise that it'll get more interesting in my future stories. This is my first story here at YGS and I have several more to tell. So stay tuned!

Other hauntings by Panini18

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Panini18, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Panini18 (8 stories) (14 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2021-10-26)
Hi Rajine!

It was quite scary, fortunately, this was the first and last time I saw the gorilla-like silhouette. However, my second experience was also weird and scary but different than this one. Wait for my second story to get published. Thanks for reading!
Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2021-10-22)
Hi Panini18

I'm sure that for a kid aged around 4 or 5 years old it must have been a scary experience, I've had my fair share of shadow people luckily for me I was older and on a few occasions I was alone when I experienced it, I posted about it some time ago on this site.

Have you experienced this again as you got older or was it just a once of thing?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: