You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Haunted House, Five Knocks & The Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted House, Five Knocks & The Girl

 

The story I am submitting did not happen to me, it happened to someone I know but they wouldn't submit their story to a site like this and just are too busy.

I am the curious type, so please don't think I'm just posting this to make me look cool or to try and get attention. I am genuinely curious about what she went through. I'd like to know what it means and what she should do.

STORY BEGINS

My friend (We'll call her Abby) has always been the type of person who has had paranormal experiences throughout her life. It's a normal every day thing for her. Abby used to wake up at 3 every night as a child and see a shadowy figure of a boy upside down hitting his head against a window in her house. (Nightmares for me) When a loved one is sick or has died she will dream about them as if they are with her having coffee or something.

Abby is a fashion designer and around October/November she made herself a Halloween costume and there was fabric everywhere. When she looked to grab the fabric she saw a male figure sitting, with knees against chest and she could see the fabric moving in and out around the mouth area. Again she lives ALONE. That incident has happened all of three times and hasn't happened since.

What worries me though is that recently (She's older now mid-twenties) her house has always been "haunted" I guess it stops and starts on and off all the time. It'll be normal for a really long time then out of nowhere it'll flare up again. At one time she used to see a little boy in her closet in her bedroom.

Abby has been hearing knocks in her closet, and she lives alone. They are faint knocks not loud or booming just light mid tempo knocks from her closet. Abby sleeps with the TV on so it's louder than the buzz of the television but softer than the knock you'd use at a friend's house. There's nothing in her closet that could make the noise, she took the doors off years ago so she has more room to work with. All that's in the closet is clothes, mementos and mirrors, nothing to make a knocking noise.

Just recently though she's been hearing the knocking noise and Abby's even walked up to her closet wall and put her ear against it and it sounds like it's coming from in between the walls. On the other side of the closet is her hall closet so it's not like there's something to make the noise in the actual vicinity of the sound.

It's always five knocks, no more no less. I know the story of the three knocks and how it's supposed to represent death is coming, or if you want to bring movies in on it the movies say three knocks is a demon mocking the holy trinity (The Holy Ghost, Father, and Son) but I\'m looking for actuality here.

I realize that it could pipes or something in her home but seeing as how she's seen a little boy in her closet and the knocking went on for 45 minutes up until 3-4 in the morning. The only time it stopped is when she said out loud "Enough, stop it's time for bed, we'll talk tomorrow" right after the knocking stopped. The next day she could her near her closet not in the same spot but within the same area by her closet a soft scratching sound. It wasn't with fingernails because that's too loud almost like with fingertips. She left it alone because it was soft enough that she could go on with whatever she was doing. That night while she was sleeping she was awoken to two hands on the outside of her comforter grabbing her ankles. Abby has never been touched before in her home so she freaked and yelled out "Stop, stop it right now!" Whatever it was let go. Abby thinks it might be the little boy come back to say hi.

All of these things happened at night and in her home in her closet walls. I want to know is she going to be ok, what do the five knocks mean? Should she leave? I am honestly scared for my friend. Is she safe in her home? Could it be the little boy? Or is it the male figure she saw? If someone out there has had something like this happen to you what helped you?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, VirgoRoses19, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lesleighra (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-15)
Interesting. I think (and this is just my opinion) that if "Abby" does not feel threatened, then you shouldn't worry. How long has she lived in this house? I like to believe that some spirits, especially children, are lonely and can become attached to certain people. It could just be the child wanting attention. I find it fascinating when I read about spirits quieting down after being told to do so and this also leads me to believe that if she actually does have a spirit living with her, that it is harmless. Best wishes to your friend:)
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-15)
I have no personal experience with this sort of thing. It just reminds me how, after a few years of living in a "new" home, my mother informed me that the space between my closet and my parents', in a house from the early 1900s, was large enough to fit three coffins. Why would you tell your child that!?

Also, the house in which I grew up had about five attics. You see, there was the main attic from the original home, and then there were about four add-ons, but each was on top of a fully-shingled roof. Each new house owner sealed the previous attic and made a new one.

So while I've long wondered why people seem to think that most attics, basements, and closets are haunted, and I usually chalk those assumptions up to the fact that such areas are just dark and rarely explored, I can also see how it could actually make *logical* sense that someone or something could be abandoned in such areas.

Who knows what is contained in that space between our old closets. I always wanted to break down that wall, but we never did. And who knows what is contained in those attics. The cost of tearing them down, though, is ridiculous. Honestly, I think the biggest reason I'd love to examine those abandoned areas of my parents' old house (in which they still reside) is that I grew up on Trixy Belden and the Hardy Boys. There's a part of me that is desperate to know what is contained in such hidden rooms, even if there is nothing of value to be found.

I guess part of why your friend's story reminds me of my own childhood is that I used to hear weird noises coming from my closet (though never the attic), and this was prior to my mother telling me her creepy analysis. I never felt that my closet was haunted or that it had monsters. In fact, I never heard any stories about closets having monsters until a few years into public school. When I was only four years old, I was deathly afraid of entering my closet at night.

There was one time, when I was in elementary school, I had heard from other kids about their fears of their closets, attics, basements, etc. And I thought it was just silly, and maybe I was scared of the dark. So I decided I'd go into my closet despite all these stories and prove once and for all that everyone else was imagining things.

I entered the closet and at that moment, I heard a loud growl. I wanted to run, but I tried to turn on the closet light anyhow. The light failed to turn on. So I ran out the door of the closet, out of my bedroom, and into the bathroom.

For most of my life, I have believed that it was merely coincidence that perhaps my father just snored VERY loudly at the exact moment I entered my own closet, and his loud snore is what scared me away.

This story brings me back to that moment, and to my mother's explanation of our house's dimensions. I don't know why. I don't even know why I'm sharing this story. I guess I just find it interesting how so many people find dark pockets of their homes, literally and figuratively, and how other people don't find those areas to be scary at all.

It's an interesting cultural phenomenon. Please forgive my rambling.
Khili180 (3 stories) (78 posts)
-4
10 years ago (2014-09-11)
[at] VirgoRoses19- I'm sorry if I sound pessimistic or scared here, but if you take my advice, please don't let things be. Playful, harmless or evil, spirits are spirits- they need to be dealt with. Not trying to scare you here, but it's a serious matter. I've known them to be extremely notorious (do read my story if you have the time- my grandad died because of them). Don't take things lightly. Besides, the little boy deserves to be free of whatever it is that has bound him to earth. If you ask me, get a priest to bless the house or a paranormal expert to get the boy to be released. All the best to you and Abby. Glad she hasn't been affected so far. Take care:)
VirgoRoses19 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-10)
(Wish-Not) The Editor who worked on my story added that in. It was supposed to say Haunted House Haunted Girl and Five Knocks. Saying that my friend might be haunted. When she was dealing with the male figure, he was under the fabric and all three times it happened it was around October/November. She never removed the fabric, she'd just leave and come back later. She has since picked up the fabric and no more male figure.

(IamDom) It wouldn't surprise me if she was holding back, she's done that before to spare me from nightmares lol. I'm doing this without her knowledge but she's said time and again she's not worried and thinks they are just playful.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-10)
VirgoRoses19- Welcome to YGS, I have a few questions and comments on this story.

First, you stated when Abby was making the costume for Halloween she had the incident with the male figure. Was the figure under the fabric that she was grabbing or in a different area of the room? Did the figure disappear as she removed the fabric IF it was under what she grabbed? You also stated it "happened all three times". Were the other two times the same time period?

It is quite common for some places to have some type of cycle/pattern to activity. I would encourage her to keep a journal on each experience. I have been doing the same and have realized our situation actually does with time.

Lastly, your title to your story ended with "& The Girl". Were you referring to the little boy?

Thanks for sharing
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-09-10)
IamDom- ummm curious to the rule that "by some unspoken rule aren't allowed to bother the living"? Is that something you have read? If so where could I find it?
IamDom (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-10)
It sounds like she'll be fine. It's either a very playful spirit or a poltergeist. Spirits by some unspoken rule aren't allowed to bother the living and are forced to leave those alive alone when told so. The child seems to listen, so to me, it strikes me that this is a regular spirit trying to play with her. Though I kind of feel there is more to this story than she said. If she get's a sinister feeling in the air, then something is wrong. (The hair on her neck stands up. Or for me my toes go numb.)

It wouldn't hurt to get the house blessed by a local priest/rabbi/monk or religious figure though.

😐

Hope this was something helpful
-Dom

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: